WS New Country Rumor

If this is true, I hope they put a rest area next to it. I always get tired after Turkey. :lmao:
:lmao: Love it

You know a Caribbean Island would be a blast. The music and dancing alone would be wonderful. Of course people would want pirates, maybe a picture taking spot with some....but I think the food and music would add a lot of spirit.

I would love to see a Caribbean Island, Ireland, and Greece.

The map I saw only had five spaces that I could see (I did a google satelite image of Epcot).

But I would say the most logical big change to come to Epcot is doing somthing with the Horizons pavillion.

Hmm...wouldn't that mean tearing down Mission: Puke-A-Twirl (aka Mission: Space)? Now that's a plan I could get behind!

Not that its ever going to happen, of course.

Hmm...wouldn't that mean tearing down Mission: Puke-A-Twirl (aka Mission: Space)? Now that's a plan I could get behind!

Not that its ever going to happen, of course.

It is really weird that Horizons is tucked back between MS and UoE. It doesn't have a very good path into it.

The map I saw only had five spaces that I could see (I did a google satelite image of Epcot).

I agree, the space on each side of the American Adventure are only half as big as the narrow countrie's pavillions. Plus those areas were planned as a bigger buffer to visually isolate America from it's neighbor pavillions.

No way!! Really?!?!? I have been praying this would happen! Hopefully, they will put it back to its original granduer.....I saw no reason it needed to be changed...refurbed, yes; changed, no.

Anyway.....back on track. I wouldn't mind seeing Greece. I think Lorraine's idea has a lot of merit. Bring in the Hercules characters (and some GREAT food) plus the temples.

Also, Figment632, you might want to check your spelling and punctuation if you want others on this board to trust you....typing in quick responses can lead to bad things (trust me.....and thanks for the tip....now I'll be looking for more info on JII).

It was part of the contract with Kodak that the ride had to be changed after a certain period of time, and also the old ride system had a few design flaws which made it very prone to breakdowns.

There are plans for JII and I might add some very exciting ones, there is more than one option for the ride. The one I am hoping for will use the trackless ride system from Pooh's Honey Hut in Tokyo Disneyland.

It was part of the contract with Kodak that the ride had to be changed after a certain period of time, and also the old ride system had a few design flaws which made it very prone to breakdowns.

There are plans for JII and I might add some very exciting ones, there is more than one option for the ride. The one I am hoping for will use the trackless ride system from Pooh's Honey Hut in Tokyo Disneyland.

A trackless system would be great; I like the "smooth ride" of Winnie the Pooh. And thanks for the info (again :goodvibes) I didn't realize that Kodak had required them to change it; that kinda makes me more leary of Kodak. But hubby and I understand....you can't keep having the same-old, same-old, most people like things to be changed up a bit.

At least I can get my Figment fix from YouTube!:rotfl:

A trackless system would be great; I like the "smooth ride" of Winnie the Pooh. And thanks for the info (again :goodvibes) I didn't realize that Kodak had required them to change it; that kinda makes me more leary of Kodak. But hubby and I understand....you can't keep having the same-old, same-old, most people like things to be changed up a bit.

At least I can get my Figment fix from YouTube!:rotfl:

Watch this http://www.martinsvids.net/?p=95

Also the ride system right from opening day had major issues.

here is some info on the track less system from Japan that could be used for the new JII.

I rank Pooh’s Hunny Hunt as one of my all time, world-wide favorite Disney attractions! And considering I’m not a big fan of Winnie the Pooh, that’s saying a lot.

When I wrote about World Bazaar, I mentioned that I would talk about FASTPASS in a later blog. Well the time has come.

FASTPASS works exactly the same in Tokyo as it does in California and Florida.

You arrive at a FASTPASS kiosk, insert your admission ticket, and receive a slip of paper with a return time printed on it. Simple. But Pooh’s Hunny Hunt is the first attraction that I’ve literally, without exaggeration, waited 25-45 minutes in line to pick up a FASTPASS.

When Tokyo Disneyland opens, everyone scrambles to their favorite attraction to secure a FASTPASS, and Pooh’s Hunny Hunt is one of the most popular destinations. Cast members set up a temporary queue just to handle the FASTPASS line for this attraction. This picture was taken at around 9:30am and the line is about 25 minutes long at this point. Note, this is the line for the FASTPASS, NOT the attraction.

By 10am, one hour after the park opens, Pooh’s Hunny Hunt will have an 80 minute standby line. By 11am, it can easily be two hours. And at 10am, the Fast Pass return time will already be late afternoon or early evening.

Why is this attraction so popular? Because it is astoundingly superior to its cousins in California, Florida, and Hong Kong. These other three versions pale in comparison. And even if you didn’t compare it to the other Pooh attractions, it’s a fantastic attraction in its own right.

I will do my best to describe the experience, but I know my efforts will fall short. Let’s start with the cast member costume. Here they wear a “camp counselor” outfit -- very appropriate for the 100 Acre Wood.

I rank Pooh’s Hunny Hunt as one of my all time, world-wide favorite Disney attractions! And considering I’m not a big fan of Winnie the Pooh, that’s saying a lot.

When I wrote about World Bazaar, I mentioned that I would talk about FASTPASS in a later blog. Well the time has come.

FASTPASS works exactly the same in Tokyo as it does in California and Florida.

You arrive at a FASTPASS kiosk, insert your admission ticket, and receive a slip of paper with a return time printed on it. Simple. But Pooh’s Hunny Hunt is the first attraction that I’ve literally, without exaggeration, waited 25-45 minutes in line to pick up a FASTPASS.

When Tokyo Disneyland opens, everyone scrambles to their favorite attraction to secure a FASTPASS, and Pooh’s Hunny Hunt is one of the most popular destinations. Cast members set up a temporary queue just to handle the FASTPASS line for this attraction. This picture was taken at around 9:30am and the line is about 25 minutes long at this point. Note, this is the line for the FASTPASS, NOT the attraction.

By 10am, one hour after the park opens, Pooh’s Hunny Hunt will have an 80 minute standby line. By 11am, it can easily be two hours. And at 10am, the Fast Pass return time will already be late afternoon or early evening.

Why is this attraction so popular? Because it is astoundingly superior to its cousins in California, Florida, and Hong Kong. These other three versions pale in comparison. And even if you didn’t compare it to the other Pooh attractions, it’s a fantastic attraction in its own right.

I will do my best to describe the experience, but I know my efforts will fall short. Let’s start with the cast member costume. Here they wear a “camp counselor” outfit -- very appropriate for the 100 Acre Wood.

The queue begins in a lovely garden. In the background you see a large book, open to a Winnie the Pooh story.

After a number of switchbacks through the plants and flowers, you eventually enter a gardener’s shack full of tools and toys. As you exit this building you find yourself behind the large book you saw earlier, looking back out into the garden.

From here you weave in and around more book pages as you gradually work your way to the head of the line.

Pooh’s Hunny Hunt loads three hunny buckets at a time. Each bucket holds four guests, two in the front and two in the rear. As the ride begins, all three vehicles move forward simultaneously, one, two, three. There is no track on the floor so the buckets are free to move about randomly

A short distance away, all three vehicles come to a stop in front of a giant storybook, which comes to life as Christopher Robin and Winnie the Pooh set the mood for the adventure to come.

A moment later, you leave this area, but not in the same order as you arrived. N
ow, vehicle number three is in the lead, followed by two and one. Next stop, the Blustery Day room. As you enter this large area, your vehicles seem to have minds of their own. Each hunny pot takes a different route and roams around the room as the wind causes a number of events to unfold.

As each vehicle wanders about, you’ll see most, but not all of the goings on. Each hunny pot experiences things a little differently. When you leave this room, vehicle number two is in the lead, followed by one and three.

Next you enter the Bounce Room where Tigger is your host. All three vehicles come to a stop, then the entire floor begins to bounce up and down. At the same time, the trees and plants that surround the room spring to life, but they bounce independently from the floor. All the while, Tigger can be seen hopping from one screen to the next in the background. The effect is fantastic. You really are immersed in the middle of everything.

As you leave this room, you travel backwards down a long hallway with car number one in the lead, followed by three and two. Eventually you make another stop, this time to watch Pooh fall asleep and go into his dream state. This effect is the same as the one seen at Florida and California.

From here you enter the Heffalumps and Woozles Room. This is the best area of all! As you enter this “fun house,” you join four other hunny pots already in the midst of things. Three of the hunny pots are occupied by other guests and the fourth contains several Heffalumps and Woozles.

At this point, your three vehicles join the Heffalumps and Woozles’ hunny pot and create a circle. Then the four of you rotate around each other. After you make a couple of revolutions, you break away from the group and start your crazy journey around the room. At the same time, the vehicles that were already in the room when you arrived take their exit. As they leave, a fresh group of hunny pots join the

Now traveling independently from the other hunny pots, your vehicle moves from one gag to the next, stopping momentarily to view the event, then moving on – sometimes forward, sometimes backwards.

It seems to be complete chaos, seven hunny pots moving about randomly. It’s sheer delight. Eventually, it’s time for your group of hunny pots to leave the room, only to be replaced by a new group of three.

Your final stop brings you to Pooh covered in honey.

I love the idea of adding Greece, Egypt, Brazil and Russia. People have made great suggestions for Greece and Egypt that would interest me. I don't know much about Brazil, but a Brazilian churrascaria steakhouse would be fabulous! That would definitely be a signature dining location!

You know a Caribbean Island would be a blast. The music and dancing alone would be wonderful. Of course people would want pirates, maybe a picture taking spot with some....but I think the food and music would add a lot of spirit.

They should build it in the lake, and make it accessible via the ferries. (And a footbridge.) Prime spot for Illuminations viewing.

Of the other ideas I've heard, I like Greece, Australia, Russia, and a South American country (Brazil, Argentina, Peru, or Chile, most likely).

My vote would be for Egypt, Russia, Brazil, Australia and Greece

in that order:goodvibes

does anyone have any proof for this rumor?

No proof, just what I read on another web site (WDW Magic) and my wanting to know other peoples opinions. I would have no problem with Turkey, although my favorite would be Russia. But I really don't think that there will be an addition for a while due to the global economic situation.

Rumor or not, I think the idea of adding a Turkey pavilion is terrific. I disagree that it would be too similar to Morocco. Istanbul is a totally unique (and gorgeous!) city. Anyone who doubts that Turkey would not differ significant from Morocco should do a google search for Goreme Valley, which is so otherworldly that part of Star Wars was filmed there. I also love the idea of adding an India pavilion, but I wonder if the powers-that-be feel there's enough of Asia & Africa in AK :confused3

That said, nothing would make me happier than seeing Journey into Imagination restored to its former glory! I have no idea what the Imagineers who previously revised it were thinking. Compared to the old version, the current version is just plain sad.

The only thing required in which country is chosen is what company forks over the cash to put in the country they want. If a Turkish company (or the country itself) says, here's a truck load of money we want to put this in the WS, then guess what, Turkey is in

No randomness at all

As to what I would like, I would definately like a South american country. Brazil would be cool. I have heard Chile and Costa Rica were considered at various points in time.

I would also like Russia, Egypt, India and Greece

I would think that the Head office has been keeping track of which countries not already in the WS are the most popular since all of the countries have restaurants. If I were them, I would definitely consider cuisine in the decision. We don't seem to be the most adventurous lot. The Morocco restaurant is great & has great entertainment, but is very easy to get into compared to the other WS TS restaurants. Culturally, I'd love to see Russia but I have to admit, I'm not sure about the food.

I only read the first and last pages of this thread, so maybe this was already discussed....but what are they doing next to France? Something is going on there at the moment....

If Disney added Greece, they would not only have all of the things pp's have mentioned such as great food, history, artifacts, architecture, et al., but a ready-made, new meet and greet character-opportunity: Hercules. My kids would love to meet Hercules, Meg, Hades etc. Think of the marketing opportunities and potential profits Disney would reap by re-establishing this movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter