Wyndham Bonnet Creek FEE now $5 PER PERSON, PER TRIP -- see Post #147

The old Wyndham bait and switch.

That's Wyndham for you. Promise you the moon and the stars, and you end up getting burned.

This is why we did not buy into Wyndham. We went 2 summers ago to beach knowing it was a timeshare presentation type thing. We told them we were a family of 6--paid extra for a bigger room. We get to resort and we are in a studio---yep not happy. Went to the presentation because we were very interested. TOld them what happened and nothing was done. At the end we decided to try the DISCOVERY plan. Everything that we were told was wrong! The next 2 trips--they messed up our rooms or booked us in the wrong place--they have to book because with Discovery you can't book online. We are using the last of our DISCOVERY points to say at Bonnet Creek this summer before switching to our DVC unit.

We have not been pleased with Wyndham and feel that they sure did the bait and switch thing with us.

I called VS which is who we booked through for our upcoming stay at Bonnet Creek. According to them, there is a $12 fee per villa per day to use the shuttle to the parks. I asked if this fee was included in my quote and it was not. :faint:
For those of you who will be vacationing here and using the shuttle, I suggest adding in an extra $12/day to your budget :sad:

Front desk seems to be giving conflicting information. I just got off the phone with them and they said the fee is applied to all units, regardless of whether one uses the shuttle. She said it was for "shuttle, parking, and golf cart rides around the property".

In view of how popular WBC is around here (DIS)
I figured it would just be a matter of time
before prices would go up.

Corporate Greed = Extra Fee = $$
Especially in the Travel Industry

my2cents

So my 4 bedroom, 4 bath with 12 people and 3 cars will just pay one fee and the poor couple in a one bedroom with only one car will pay the same fee. Not exactly fair. If it is a parking fee it should be per car. If it is a shuttle fee it should only be charged to the folks that chose to use the shuttle instead of bringing a car to the parks. The part I love is the golf cart rides??? I only see staff on those carts and I have been 5 times over the years. So I get to pay so the staff can ride around on a golf cart instead of walking. If their overhead has gone up, then they need to increase the rate to stay at the resort.
This system so reminds me of American Airlines with their charge for luggage, charge for seats in the front of the plane, charge to get on the plane first, charge for food. Why not just raise your rates rather than nickle and dimeing your customers?

A listing I just viewed on ebay states the fee goes into effect Feb. 15. $12 for the shuttle service, charged at check in and not included in the listing price.

Sounds like all we can do is wait until the 15th, too many conflicting statements. We arrive the 22nd with 2 other families we sold on the resort as an alternative to on site. No use of shuttle planned so if we are paying for parking I can't wait for the little comments :-(

I called VS which is who we booked through for our upcoming stay at Bonnet Creek. According to them, there is a $12 fee per villa per day to use the shuttle to the parks. I asked if this fee was included in my quote and it was not. :faint:
I don't know VS from Adam, but as I said above, I think all Wyndham owners got blindsided by this added fee. I doubt if there was any false advertising -- I think owners who rent their points just got caught in the middle.

This is why we did not buy into Wyndham. We went 2 summers ago to beach knowing it was a timeshare presentation type thing. We told them we were a family of 6--paid extra for a bigger room. We get to resort and we are in a studio---yep not happy. Went to the presentation because we were very interested. TOld them what happened and nothing was done. At the end we decided to try the DISCOVERY plan. Everything that we were told was wrong! The next 2 trips--they messed up our rooms or booked us in the wrong place--they have to book because with Discovery you can't book online. We are using the last of our DISCOVERY points to say at Bonnet Creek this summer before switching to our DVC unit.
So...actually...you DID buy into Wyndham. Just for a smaller amount of cash outlay for WAY less lodging. And you don't feel you got what you paid for.

Welcome to the Wyndham Weasels sales force operation! You're not the first person to be taken, and you won't be the last.

We have not been pleased with Wyndham and feel that they sure did the bait and switch thing with us.
Yep.

So...actually...you DID buy into Wyndham. Just for a smaller amount of cash outlay for WAY less lodging. And you don't feel you got what you paid for.

Welcome to the Wyndham Weasels sales force operation! You're not the first person to be taken, and you won't be the last.

Yep.

I guess we did buy a small amount of points, but I would much rather be out that money that we were going to pay for vacations anyway, than be out many times that and hate the company. To me--they do not care about the owners...just the money they make. Taken is exactly what we were.

So my 4 bedroom, 4 bath with 12 people and 3 cars will just pay one fee and the poor couple in a one bedroom with only one car will pay the same fee. Not exactly fair. If it is a parking fee it should be per car. If it is a shuttle fee it should only be charged to the folks that chose to use the shuttle instead of bringing a car to the parks. The part I love is the golf cart rides??? I only see staff on those carts and I have been 5 times over the years. So I get to pay so the staff can ride around on a golf cart instead of walking. If their overhead has gone up, then they need to increase the rate to stay at the resort.
This system so reminds me of American Airlines with their charge for luggage, charge for seats in the front of the plane, charge to get on the plane first, charge for food. Why not just raise your rates rather than nickle and dimeing your customers?

I agree. I'll be down there solo in a one bedroom. I'll be paying the exact same $12.00 per night for one person that you guys will be paying for twelve people. That does not seem fair, especially since I'll not even be using the shuttle or the golf carts. For the ten nights that I'll be down there that's an extra $120.00 that I was not planning on when I booked with VS.

Fortunately we are staying before this all kicks in but i am really surprised at the lack of advance notice for something that impacts guests?? Is that the norm for Wyndham or for timeshare places?? Perhaps if they had given more reasonable notice AND had properly communicated to owners/staff - then it would have been a smoother roll out?

I agree. I'll be down there solo in a one bedroom. I'll be paying the exact same $12.00 per night for one person that you guys will be paying for twelve people. That does not seem fair, especially since I'll not even be using the shuttle or the golf carts. For the ten nights that I'll be down there that's an extra $120.00 that I was not planning on when I booked with VS.

I agree.....3 people for us and we don't use the shuttles nor do we have a car. We plan on taking a taxi. I just might be tempted to jump on a gulf cart and drive that to the parks!

Easy way for the property to make $13000+ per unit per day. How can Wyndham make such a huge change without providing owners due notice?

kaza519 said:
Easy way for the property to make $13000+ per 1100 unit per day. How can Wyndham make such a huge change without providing owners due notice?

Edit

Easy way for the property to make $13000+ per unit per day. How can Wyndham make such a huge change without providing owners due notice?

Obviously their lawyers told them it was OK. I wonder what the policy is for those (few) guests who booked WBC directly on the Wyndham website.

My quote from VS says "total price of $___ which insludes all taxes and fees." I booked from a link on that quote. Shouldn't that be honored? Not blaming VS on this, but that is the wording on the quote.

Fortunately we are staying before this all kicks in but i am really surprised at the lack of advance notice for something that impacts guests?? Is that the norm for Wyndham or for timeshare places?? Perhaps if they had given more reasonable notice AND had properly communicated to owners/staff - then it would have been a smoother roll out?
There are always better ways to implement stuff like this, but it's not unusual in the hospitality industry.

Disney's timeshare - DVC - did the same thing several years ago with valet parking. DVC owners formerly got free valet parking, but DVC changed that at 12 midnight without any notification at all. DVC owners literally parked their cars "free" at night, and woke up finding that they owed $10. That has to be a classic of poor implementation, but DVC didn't care.

My quote from VS says "total price of $___ which insludes all taxes and fees." I booked from a link on that quote. Shouldn't that be honored? Not blaming VS on this, but that is the wording on the quote.

You'd have to read the fine print and see if there is any "wiggle" room. Car rental quotes allow for increases if the taxes or fees increase.

I'm not sure if perks like free parking and free shuttle bus service is guaranteed in your price.

Take a car service to the resort and claim you're going to take taxis to the parks. Maybe you'll have grounds to protest the fee.

I did a "test" booking on the website. Click on terms and conditions:
All guests who stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, will incur a $12 per unit/per day transportation fee that will be collected at check in.

So, it's a shuttle/parking fee? Sounds as if all guests will pay even if they do not use the shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter