Wyndham Bonnet Creek FEE now $5 PER PERSON, PER TRIP -- see Post #147

I wanted to let you know that I spoke with Ken Price at Vacations Upgrades and wow what a wonderful owner to rent from. He has refunded the 12$ a night and is in the process of contacting all his current renters to do a refund for them as well since they will go by their word, you will not pay any extra fees after paying them. For someone who just found this out yesterday and has personally spoke the resort in person this is fantastic way to keep his renters happy. If you are renting from them expect to hear from him in the next few weeks.

Good Luck to you all.

I wanted to let you know that I spoke with Ken Price at Vacations Upgrades and wow what a wonderful owner to rent from. He has refunded the 12$ a night and is in the process of contacting all his current renters to do a refund for them as well since they will go by their word, you will not pay any extra fees after paying them. For someone who just found this out yesterday and has personally spoke the resort in person this is fantastic way to keep his renters happy. If you are renting from them expect to hear from him in the next few weeks.

Good Luck to you all.

Wow, thats awesome! We booked through VS and they seem more then happy to let us pick up the cost :headache:

My quote from VS says "total price of $___ which insludes all taxes and fees." I booked from a link on that quote. Shouldn't that be honored? Not blaming VS on this, but that is the wording on the quote.

You'd have to read the fine print and see if there is any "wiggle" room. Car rental quotes allow for increases if the taxes or fees increase.

I'm not sure if perks like free parking and free shuttle bus service is guaranteed in your price.

I also booked through Vacation Strategies. Here is a copy of the quote they originally sent me, that I booked from (with my name and prices x'd out)

Quote & Rental Agreement

for xxxxxx xxxxxxx
quoting a 1 Bedroom Deluxe Villa at Wyndham's Bonnet Creek
checking in 05/10/2013 for 10 nights

This is in regards to your request from: InfusionSoft

Hello xxxxxxx,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to quote on your vacation. At this time we show availability and are happy to offer you a total price of $ xxx.xx which includes all taxes and fees. This is a savings of 30 to 50% from Wyndham's Extra Holidays, Orbitz, Expedia or Travelocity prices. We believe our prices to be the lowest available. However, if you find a better advertised offer we will match it with our Best Price Guarantee.

Helpful Links
• See why our prices are so low and the top 6 reasons our clients love us!
• View the floor plan and layout of the villa and the unit information
• Watch our resort video and the resort location map
• More resort information
• See what our guests are saying about us

Are You Ready to Book?
Inventory is limited and constantly changing. If you want to secure this reservation... Review our rental agreement below and then pay the $ 150.00 deposit http://vacationstrategy.com/deposit/150-deposit/

Vacation Rental Agreement

This agreement made on . Vacation Strategy LLC., agrees to hold this reservation for xxxxxxx xxxxxxx upon payment of the initial deposit of $ 150.00. For your convenience we accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.

The Final Balance Due

The final balance of $xxx.xx will not be due until you receive an email confirmation with the reservation in your name from Wyndham. This will typically occur within 5 to 20 days prior to your check-in date of 05/10/2013.

Our No-Risk Refund or Credit Cancellation Policy

At Vacation Strategy, our goal is to develop long term relationships with our clients. We want you to have peace-of-mind when booking with us. We understand things come up unexpectedly and would not want you to experience unnecessary financial loss due to these unforeseen circumstances.

You may cancel this agreement at any time for any reason.

There will be a $99 non-refundable cancellation fee to all reservations canceled within 60 days prior to check in date. If you must cancel your reservation 20 to 60 days prior to check-in date, you will receive a full refund except your deposit which will be credited in full towards a future rental, minus the $99 non-refundable cancellation fee.

If you have to cancel within 20 days from check-in, we will credit the entire amount towards your future rental, except a $150 non-refundable cancellation fee.

Once your reservation is finalized (within 60 days from check in date), any requests to change name on reservation, length of stay, dates of stay, Villa size etc. will require an additional fee of $99. There is no fee if you are making a change to your current reservation prior to 60 days from check in date.

Guest and all members of his/her party agree to take good care of the property during their stay and to abide by the rules and regulations of the resort.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions, concerns or comments. We will be delighted to assist you!

Sincerely,

Humaira Bourne
& Rick Bourne

Vacation Strategy, LLC.

5081 Beach River Rd
Windermere, Florida USA 34786
www.VacationStrategy.com
www.BonnetCreek.info
quotes@vacationstrategy.com email

(888) 832-4223 Phone
(214) 593-4387 Fax

Looking under Vacation Strategies FAQ section on their site I just found this:

Q: Are there any fees for Cleaning, Parking or “Resort” fee that applies?

A: No. The price you have been quoted is it. However, if the Resort suspects of smoking or pets being inside the Villa, a damage deposit will be charged to the credit card on file. There is no additional cost for parking either. There are open parking spaces in front of the towers, as well as parking garages that you could park your vehicle free of charge.

Q: Is there a shuttle service to Disney provided by this Resort?

A: The Resort offers complimentary shuttle service to all Disney Parks and Downtown Disney. It leaves every hour on top of the hour. There are two bus stands at Bonnet Creek Resort. One is located in front of Tower 6 and the other in front of Tower 1.

htoddrmt said:

Good Luck to you all.

Thumbs up for Ken & Denise :)
We don't arrive at WBC until next week but we have been most impressed by their customer service. This is just another example of that.

A: No. The price you have been quoted is it. However, if the Resort suspects of smoking or pets being inside the Villa, a damage deposit will be charged to the credit card on file. There is no additional cost for parking either. There are open parking spaces in front of the towers, as well as parking garages that you could park your vehicle free of charge.

A: The Resort offers complimentary shuttle service to all Disney Parks and Downtown Disney. It leaves every hour on top of the hour. There are two bus stands at Bonnet Creek Resort. One is located in front of Tower 6 and the other in front of Tower 1.

I called VS and I still don't have any real information. They seem to think it's only if you use the transportation, but then words like "out of our control" were used. Very non-committal when I mentioned the quote that includes all taxes and fees.

I will also be interested to hear how VS intends to deal with this. We are renting 2 units for 12 nights, so that is an extra cost of $288.00. That's more than the cost of my child's Disney ticket.

I have sent an email. I am waiting for a response. I think those of us who are being affected by this should call/email so we have a better chance of being heard and hopefully getting a satisfactory response

I have sent an email. I am waiting for a response. I think those of us who are being affected by this should call/email so we have a better chance of being heard and hopefully getting a satisfactory response

I just emailed as well!

aubriee (and others). When airport fees went up rental agencies were able to pass that increase along to customers who already had a confirmed reservation. Same thing when sales tax increases.

The information on VS site was accurate when it was put up. Brokers aren't responsible for this fee. There wasn't any attempt to deceive potential customers.

VS could pay the fee, actually give you a partial refund. I have no idea if they're charging enough money to absorb that kind of obligation. I guess they could split it with you.

VS could probably tell you too bad. Their mention of free transportation is listed as hint not a promise. They're not responsible for the new fee. The only question is if, absence enough disclaimers, they are free and clear.

You could ask for a refund.

Suggestion. Tell them their competitor is offering a refund to cover the fee. That's probably your best shot.

I'd look at what I'm paying and what the going rate is. I'd be more aggressive about trying to get satisfaction if I was paying near the top of the range and would probably let it go if I knew I got a real steal.

I was following the thread on TUG and people on that site have contacted Wyndham and have received confirmation that the fee is 12 per room per day, regardless of whether or not you park a car or use the shuttle.

I was following the thread on TUG and people on that site have contacted Wyndham and have received confirmation that the fee is 12 per room per day, regardless of whether or not you park a car or use the shuttle.

Ya i figured that this was going to be the case. For me its not going to be that big of a deal. We always go with about 7 or 8 people. So since its per unit everyone just will toss in another $12 each.

I am glad I came across this thread. We have been rethinking our lodging options and what we consider to be the best value for our family and notice of this fee came at the right time.

2Pirates2Princesses said:
I am glad I came across this thread. We have been rethinking our lodging options and what we consider to be the best value for our family and notice of this fee came at the right time.

Not exactly a deal breaker, especially since you will know this going in.

Are the Bonnet Creek shuttles equipped with wheelchair lifts? Would hate to be charged for transportation that we CAN'T use.

All this was true for years, but now Wyndham has decided to create this new fee. Hopefully enough people will complain about it to Wyndham that they reconsider, but I'm not holding my breath.

I am upset about this new fee, but Wyndham, not any of the people we rent reservations from should be the target of our ire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter