*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Keep the hope alive. I am trying to stay positive. I know the chances are slim for May and I have trips booked in SEptember and December, but many do not have other trips planned and so any hope is good.

I am not going to cancel my trip. Disney will have to cancel it. I know that last week they canceled trips booked through them until May 2. Park hours are present for May 3 onward. I have not heard that anyone was canceled BY DISNEY with vacation dates starting May 3 or after. I know some peope have posted they were canceled, but they or the TA canceled them not DISNEY.

I hope to see you in WDW soon. Stay safe.
I too am hanging on to a dream:) I am booked at Pop Century May 22-June-1, if Disney cancels I was looking at July 15-25 as a back up, thinking positive thoughts!:sunny:

I am booked May 6-10 at Fort Wilderness. I haven't cancelled it myself yet, but I keep thinking even if the parks don't open by then, perhaps the campground could open to those of us with providing their own lodging? I have two backups reservations place, June 11-15 if they extend the blockout dates for the Silver AP pass (long shot) and Oct 24-29. We have the luxury of being an hour away and can be flexible, so I'm not complaining.

Last edited:
Saw earlier that California’s governor is expecting restrictions on gatherings at least through August. I know they’re not one in the same as Florida, but I could see Disney execs following Cali’s lead, which could spell bad news for anyone wanting a summer trip. It’s all speculation, but that’s all we have until they actually announce something, that’s all we have.

my final payment is supposed to be Thursday, but I’m not paying it off. I don’t think they’ll be open so no point sending them my money.

Given the low numbers coming from California, this would be a ridiculous move.
Cali has 22,000 confirmed cases. Florida has 20,000. I think both states would prefer to not be the next New York City, as far as Covid goes, and more importantly, I don’t think Disney wants their parks being blamed for the next flare up of cases, so, in my opinion, I believe states and entertainment industries will continue to play things on the as safe as possible side far longer than they need to. It’s also my opinion that after May, people aren’t going to put up with the stay home orders any more and we’ll see a rebellion this summer towards any government restrictions on our lives.

Sort of... I’ve accepted that it’s not happening, but I’m not ready to cancel my trip either.
That's where I'm at. I haven't received a cancellation email from Disney but I don't expect my May trip to happen. And it's so disappointing! In mid March I found the cheapest rate for my May trip that I've ever seen!!! $1267 for 12 nights at POFQ! Oh well, the one I booked for September also had a great rate, just not as good.

Well, I'm officially re-scheduled from May 26-June 2 to July 11-19. Really was hoping to wait until May (or an official announcement from Disney) to have to reschedule, but Southwest effectively cancelled our flight by rescheduling it to include a Phoenix layover (which is most definitely not "on the way" and would require two separate four hour flights) and it seemed far more prudent to use the chance to re-book by taking some non-stop flights in July. Even July does not seem likely, but at this point, it's the latest I'm willing to commit to.

I had DAH booked for AK on 5/09 and I just received this email showing they cancelled it.

Edit to add: The tickets are still showing up in MDE...for now.
DECF3F46-A73D-4C9A-BE83-4C4438AA956A.jpeg

My check in is 5/16. I haven't seen an email yet... haha. I think if I don't pay tomorrow, Disney cancels my trip, but I've also seen something saying you now have til 7 days before. oh well, we'll see what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter