*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders why someone would try to get others to cancel preemptively? I don’t gain or lose anything personally so I’m going to wait for Disney to give me the no go or go go:) and stay pop century positive 🤞

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders why someone would try to get others to cancel preemptively? I don’t gain or lose anything personally so I’m going to wait for Disney to give me the no go or go go:) and stay pop century positive 🤞
I don’t know if this was directed at me but I was just giving information from Disney directly. Use it if you want, or don’t. It doesn’t bother me.

I got my official Disney Destinations email today saying that the closure "impacts your current reservation" and suggesting that I rebook for the summer with the free dining. So that seems like the first real word from Disney that the closure extends into May (which we all knew, let's be honest). My trip was supposed to start 5/2, FYI.

We have reservations May 6-10 at Ft Wilderness. I haven't gotten an email yet, but since we would not be eligible for free dining, that could be why. No reason to cancel now, just going to let it play out and see what happens.

Well, it's been fun here, but now that MDE shows the parks as "Closed" through May 2, which was the first day of our trip, I've officially cancelled our May trip and re-booked for December. Good luck to all of the later May folks who are still hanging in there.

Well, it's been fun here, but now that MDE shows the parks as "Closed" through May 2, which was the first day of our trip, I've officially cancelled our May trip and re-booked for December. Good luck to all of the later May folks who are still hanging in there.

Just curious - did you get the Disney Destinations email that I got? My email came yesterday and only this afternoon did I see the parks showing as closed through 5/2.

Just curious - did you get the Disney Destinations email that I got? My email came yesterday and only this afternoon did I see the parks showing as closed through 5/2.
I did not, but we were staying at the Swan, and had also booked through Costco, not Disney.

Hi everyone, a newbie to the forum who is about to cancel/rebook our May trip. Has anyone purchased their AH event tickets through Undercover Tourest? Not sure how to get those tickets refunded. Do I go back through UT or leave them in MDE, any suggestions?

was it posted online or just the app. I just logged in and it just says until further notice.

was it posted online or just the app. I just logged in and it just says until further notice.

If you go to the calendar on the website and look at month view, there are no hours or events listed for all of April and as of now, May 1 and 2, which wasn’t the case as of this morning

They haven't been making announcements, so the official timeframe is still stated as "until further notice." However, they have been quietly updating the park hours on the website and MDE, cancelling package reservations, and refunding hard-ticket events. If you look at the park hours through May 2, they're listed as "Closed" on the app, and are blank on the website.

Screenshot_20200407-152140.png MayDisneyHoursWebsite.jpg

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/five-day/2020-05-01/

I just moved our 5/5 trip to October. I was holding out but I could hardly find any availability at AKL in a standard room in Oct and flights were $79 on southwest so I went ahead and did it. Hoping for some kind of promo bc our reservation is now like $900 more..

I went on MDE today to customize our magic bands and there was a notification saying that they were not doing any magic band selections right now:( We are APs and have magic bands, but I had wanted to see if they had any new premium options. It's sad that you can't even choose your magic bands:(

Does that mean you're not eligible for the Free Dining promotion?
Unfortunately. However, I can't say whether booking through Costco precluded us from the free dining deal since the Swan isn't eligible for the dining plan. It might be different for Disney-owned resorts booked through Costco, I'm not sure. Even if we'd booked a full on-property resort directly through Disney, though, we'd still not have been eligible for the free dining deal since that's only valid for arrival dates from 6/1-9/30, and we re-booked our trip for December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter