*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

I am at 52 days today. Still grasping at threads.... Seriously positive vibes.

I saw that the After hours for AK are not canceled. We are not going to any after hours, but someone had posted about the Villains after hours being canceled.

I am so looking forward to exploring Wilderness Lodge. We are having a resort day on May 23 and just hanging out. I hope my grandsons will be able to swim a little in between visits to Old Faithful Club. I am sure we will try the QS locations. We have reservations at Artist Point and Whispering Canyon.

We also have reservations for the Tony's Parade package, Mama Melrose for FAntasmic, BOG breakfast, Lunch at Tusker House lunch for ROL.

Still thinking positive vibes ya'll.

The Garden Rocks package has availablity for June 1..... I don't have a reservation for that but I hope that it is still on.

I am at 52 days today. Still grasping at threads.... Seriously positive vibes.

I saw that the After hours for AK are not canceled. We are not going to any after hours, but someone had posted about the Villains after hours being canceled.

I am so looking forward to exploring Wilderness Lodge. We are having a resort day on May 23 and just hanging out. I hope my grandsons will be able to swim a little in between visits to Old Faithful Club. I am sure we will try the QS locations. We have reservations at Artist Point and Whispering Canyon.

We also have reservations for the Tony's Parade package, Mama Melrose for FAntasmic, BOG breakfast, Lunch at Tusker House lunch for ROL.

Still thinking positive vibes ya'll.
All After Hours events through the end of May were listed as "cancelled" yesterday on the Disney World web site. Today they changed it and removed the "cancelled" text from the dates after 4/18 (which is the last day Disney currently officially acknowledges as closed). However, my 5/8 VAH tickets are still gone from MDE despite the event no longer being listed as "cancelled." I'm guessing to had to do with the PR and confusion of cancelling events beyond the dates they've acknowledged they'll be closed. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a bunch of people in late April / May calling CS to cancel or re-book, because the AH events were listed as cancelled.

Well the FL governor has declared a statewide stay-at-home order for 30 days starting Thursday, so Disney likely will have to extend their acknowledged closures at which time the closures will officially move into May. So it looks like it might only be a matter of time before our 5/2 FP+ start to disappear. It will be sad to see all of the perfect FP+ and ADRs disappearing. We had everything exactly as we wanted it.

Well the FL governor has declared a statewide stay-at-home order for 30 days starting Thursday, so Disney likely will have to extend their acknowledged closures at which time the closures will officially move into May. So it looks like it might only be a matter of time before our 5/2 FP+ start to disappear. It will be sad to see all of the perfect FP+ and ADRs disappearing. We had everything exactly as we wanted it.

Same here. All that time spent planning (not to mention my perfectly laid out FPs..). :sad:

Well it looks like the start of May might not be required to be closed just yet after all.

Many news reports were saying "30 days starting Thursday at midnight" and stating their assumption that meant through May 2. However, while reading the actual document of the order, I found that it states that it expires April 30, not "after 30 days."

For those of us with arrival dates at the beginning of May, it makes a difference. "Closed through May 2" converts my tickets to "use by 12/15", and opens up my options with our 3rd-party TA for re-booking our new dates in the fall. "Closed through April 30" means I have to continue to wait anxiously until who knows when for Disney to extend the closure dates into May if I don't want to pay $200 to move my park ticket dates.

All the waiting for my dates to be officially cancelled is driving me up the wall. I've accepted that our trip is doomed, and we have new dates picked out in the fall, but I just want it to be official so I can move forward with finalizing the changes to our trip and stop worrying about it. I know; I know - just be patient.

Well it looks like the start of May might not be required to be closed just yet after all.

Many news reports were saying "30 days starting Thursday at midnight" and stating their assumption that meant through May 2. However, while reading the actual document of the order, I found that it states that it expires April 30, not "after 30 days."

For those of us with arrival dates at the beginning of May, it makes a difference. "Closed through May 2" converts my tickets to "use by 12/15", and opens up my options with our 3rd-party TA for re-booking our new dates in the fall. "Closed through April 30" means I have to continue to wait anxiously until who knows when for Disney to extend the closure dates into May if I don't want to pay $200 to move my park ticket dates.

All the waiting for my dates to be officially cancelled is driving me up the wall. I've accepted that our trip is doomed, and we have new dates picked out in the fall, but I just want it to be official so I can move forward with finalizing the changes to our trip and stop worrying about it. I know; I know - just be patient.
I’m glad I’m not the only one feeling this way. Patience is so difficult when dining and fast passes hang in the balance.

I just made (well my daughter made) our fastpasses about 10 days ago for our trip May 23. I am still hanging on to my reservation.

I did this for our WDW vacation and cruise in September 2017. I said i am not canceling until Disney Cruise LIne cancels it. They canceled the cruises and flights right before ours. We were the first ones on the ship after the hurricane and the very first flight into Atlanta and MCO airports. I mean they were empty.

I am not negating the severity that this virus could cause to older people and people who may have immune deficiencies. I actually think this virus has been around for a while and since we have more "test kits" and are specifically testing for this virus then that is why there are more cases. I am staying home as much as possible but I do have to go to work a couple of days a week.

I stated the above so that I don't seem insensitive to this pandemic but this is a "May 2020" thread and not a coronavirus thread and so I am trying to keep my posts on topic but i really don't want anyone to think I am being selfish.

Back on topic, we did not make a fast pass for Runaway Railroad hopefully we will get to ride, but if not we have a couple of trips planned for later this year. We have 3 people in our party that have NEVER EVER been to WDW. My mother-in-law, son-in-law, and my grandson age 3. And so, they will have so much to see and do anyway. My daughter has not been since her college graduation in 2014. She is a teacher and has to take vacations during school breaks. My son-in-law says he does not like roller coasters.

I booked the Tony's parade viewing so that my husband's mother would have a designated viewing area for the parade. We have booked Tony's viewing for the parade a couple of times in the past. This was for the MVMCP and MNNSHP parades in 2018. We didn't love the food offerings at those, but this time it is a full menu.

Since we have never stayed at WL that is what i am mostly excited about. I added a day to our Copper Creek stay at Wilderness Lodge for a Deluxe Club level room. I love CL stays. It saves time and money on food imo. I like popping in for a snack or drink. We don't stay CL most of the time but we have at AKL several times, at YC before our cruise, and this time at WL for a treat for us and for those who have not been before and not been in a while-not to mention that flying in a day earlier was $1000 less and so the CL room is essentially free...lol Disney Math.

I have not canceled our May 23 reservation. I hope that I do not have to cancel it. Hoping for at least a soft opening Memorial Day weekend. Does anyone know any full time cast members that have had any information about an opening date?
I know a few friends who have kids ready to go in the next DCP group and they arrive later in May. It will probably hit the internet about the same time they find out but at this point they haven't been told NOT to show up.
actually think this virus has been around for a while and since we have more "test kits" and are specifically testing for this virus then that is why there are more cases.
Back on topic, we did not make a fast pass for Runaway Railroad hopefully we will get to ride, but if not we have a couple of trips planned for later this year. We have 3 people in our party that have NEVER EVER been to WDW. My mother-in-law, son-in-law, and my grandson age 3. And so, they will have so much to see and do anyway.
I agree with your whole post. I do not think holding out hope for a May vacation - or June, July, or a cruise this year or anything - is irresponsible or wrong! I do think this has been around longer than we knew and lots of people had it. I also am not disputing the severity; the President of my son's senior class is positive along with his mom so it's hit fairly close to us as he and DS have been friends since kindergarten. But I need to keep hoping for all of our 2020 trips, May, July and Sept. along with being positive about everything working out for DS's graduation and move to college in the fall. I need to keep planning to keep busy! It's also my job so I can't be negative about travel resuming unless I want my business to tank. I understand and appreciate that people are dealing with this differently, with some not seeing foot outside their homes for weeks now and others who feel ok getting together with friends or whatever or who waited longer to say "gee I guess I better stop letting the kids go out". I realize some who say "thinks won't be normal until next year" are super scared and those like me hoping to be in a mall asap are just trying to stay in a good place! If you cancelled a May Disney trip for whatever reason I hope you get to go when you rescheduled for sure and if you are still holding out for May my fingers are truly crossed those trips happen!

Now @karen4546 I think I commented before that WL is my absolute favorite resort and I prefer Old Faithful to the club at GF even :) We're trying the BW CL in July. We also have our DIL and DGD going with us in September, first time for both, and it's so exciting! Keep planning!!!

@ariane37 I wonder if the DCP students being told not to come in May will go along with the bits of news I’m getting indicating a limited opening in May. Sources say things like reduced staffing, limited capacity, no same day tickets for purchase,certain experiences canceled, with staggered openings starting (barring disaster) in mid May?

Park hours are now updated to show closed through 4/30, so official cancellations are now knocking on the door of May. At this point, since it seems unlikely that they will go from zero to open in two days, I'm assuming our 5/2 trip is done for.

Although there was some additional weirdness. Our 5/8 VAH tickets that disappeared the other day (when all the AH events through the end of May were listed as "cancelled") are now back on our account. :confused:

Park hours are now updated to show closed through 4/30, so official cancellations are now knocking on the door of May. At this point, since it seems unlikely that they will go from zero to open in two days, I'm assuming our 5/2 trip is done for.

Although there was some additional weirdness. Our 5/8 VAH tickets that disappeared the other day (when all the AH events through the end of May were listed as "cancelled") are now back on our account. :confused:
Yes it is strange as my VAH tickets had disappeared and now reappeared. When they showed canceled and disappeared from MDE that was when I booked for end of September. Hmmm 🤔. One wonders what is going on.

@ariane37 I wonder if the DCP students being told not to come in May will go along with the bits of news I’m getting indicating a limited opening in May. Sources say things like reduced staffing, limited capacity, no same day tickets for purchase,certain experiences canceled, with staggered openings starting (barring disaster) in mid May?
Have the DCp students been told not to arrive? It is very frustrating for people’s to say things they are not positive are fact. On another thread a poster sad her daughter’s friend were still going in May for the DCP.

If people would abide by the governors’ orders and shelter in place then it would be better for everyone. My uncle passed away 8n the hospital. 3 nights ago. No visitors were allowed at the hospital. His passing was not CV-19 related. I do go into work a couple of hrs a few times a week. We are mostly working from home. My husband is deemed essential. He takes precautions and defensive measures all that he can. We are fortunate that we love in a rural area on a small farm and so we can go outside and not stay cooped up. Three of our grandchildren live right next door and I do love spending the extra time with them. We can’t go out n the public, but we are trying to keep their life vest pretty normal. We will hopefully have a movie under the stars this weekend and s’mores. We drew Disney characters and Easter eggs on the BB court but the rain washed them away and so we can do that again soon.
Stay safe. Stay positive. And keep plannng- all the best,

Maybe I misread that last line:)
I know a few friends who have kids ready to go in the next DCP group and they arrive later in May. It will probably hit the internet about the same time they find out but at this point they haven't been told NOT to show up.

If people would abide by the governors’ orders and shelter in place then it would be better for everyone.

This is really the best advice, and not just for 1 or some locations, we need to do it everywhere. Get people out of the airports, stop driving, just stay home for 2-4 weeks and let the virus die due to no available hosts and we can get back up and running. The biggest problem is that different areas have responded slower, which means this situation will continue that much longer for the entire country. The devastation as a result of everyone responding slowly to this is just incredibly sad.

As for the topic at hand, I have not cancelled the May trip yet, but we don't really plan on going, whether they are open or not, at this point. Too much risk will still be out there to travel, to be in the parks, etc. I've tried to convince my wife that we should rebook for end of august, first of september to celebrate daughters birthday and our anniversary, but I don't think she's going for it, :( Oh well, maybe next year for us at this point.

I am definitely not as active here anymore, but do check in from time to time to read how everyone's doing. Hope all of our May friends that have gone on to later in the year threads are doing well. The rest that are still here, stay safe, stay well.

Have the DCp students been told not to arrive? It is very frustrating for people’s to say things they are not positive are fact. On another thread a poster sad her daughter’s friend were still going in May for the DCP.
Sorry I'm just responding to these! As of right now they haven't heard anything either way. They are supposed to move in late May - my friends is flying down with her son 5/23 - so they still plan on it. According to her under "normal" circumstances he would have gotten a bit more info by now so he's pretty down, but they haven't been told it's cancelled yet.

Hi all, we've moved our dates from May 11th-22nd to Sept 28th-Oct 9th this morning.

Given the current situation and the face we're flying in from the UK and have no idea how long the impact on flights will be or other longer lasting conditions such as quarantening etc we thought this was for the best.

Its been a blast following along this thread, see some of you in the Sept and Oct boards! :wave:

I just watched Fresh Baked’s YouTube on what he believes the furlough of employees means. 😢 He believes with the furlough he doesn’t anticipate the reopening until there is a vaccine out.

I just watched Fresh Baked’s YouTube on what he believes the furlough of employees means. 😢 He believes with the furlough he doesn’t anticipate the reopening until there is a vaccine out.
Hard to imagine the parks not opening for another 12-18 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter