Year of Million Dreams -- anyone else get something yet? Post your wishes won here!

I've never been to WDW (but I'm going in September for the first time!!!) but I was at DLR in July of 2007 during YOAMD. And I won a lanyard and pins when I got off Indiana Jones Adventure. It was pretty neat!

My 2 Aunts and their families stayed in AK during YOMD and they were booked a crappy room... (literally, the toilet was spewing and they couldn't fix it in time) So a CM walked up to them, apologized for the broken toilet and told them that 2 luxury suites just opened up and that they were welcome to take them! So my Aunts had an up-close view of the animals surrounding the AK resort all week!! Lets just say it made their year (they couldn't stop talking about how wonderful the CMs were) One of my Aunts actually said that she was scared to go back to WDW because of how perfect it was THAT time...:rotfl:

We went three times in the two years that they had a year of a million dreams for at least 5 days each time. We never got anything at all. It sucked a little because we were there so many times. But a friend of mine went for 1 week and they got dream fast passes 3 times. Pretty cool..if I was only them.I did see a lot of people who won special things. I was wishing that I could stay in Cinderellas castle for one night...I guess I should have wished upon a star....my dream might have came true.

I dont think I recd nothing but perhaps a turkey leg but had to gobble like a turkey to get it. 'You'll get nothing and like it.'

We just got back from our daughter's first trip to WDW and she was selceted as the Special Princess for the Beauty and the Beast show at DHS. Talk about a memorable experience!!!

When I went in March of 2008, my mom, my sister, and I were waiting in line for the Rock and Roller Coaster when the CMs told everyone in the room that we all got free YOMD Mickey Ears ! We were all very excited because they were made especially for YOMD and you couldn't buy them anywhere. I have mine in my room on a shelf :lovestruc

Are they still giving stuff away?

I recall before this you would get something here or there--which I chalked up to Disney customer service. So hopefully YOAMD hasnt changed that?

My dd had a magical moment on her 3rd bday ...she went to Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique and got dressed up as Belle. She insisted on wearing the outfit 2 days. She pranced around with her dress on doing courtsies to various cast members. One said, have you had a magical message yet? We looked at each other like what is that? We were in Epcot in the shops in Mexico and he took her behind the register to where the phone was and called Goofy. She talked to Goofy and he sang her happy birthday and told her to have a magical time. She was on the phone for about 3-4 minutes and then the cast member gave her a certificate that said magical message to Giada on 9-11-09 by Kestone Clothiers...Your a star, may all your dreams come true, Zachary!
My daughter was soo surprised and I cried!

My wife and I spent a total of six weeks in the parks during the year of a million dreams (three weeks for our wedding and honeymoon and three weeks the following year) and not once did we get offered so much as a pair of ears :(

Some of out friends that came over for the wedding got the silver YOMD ears, but we reckon that the reason we got nothing was we looked like we were already having too much fun!:laughing:

We were in DW in December 2007. While waiting in line for IASM, A CM approached my DD and stated talking to her. She asked her name, so my DD told her. Then she said, "Princess Emma, (I love when they call the girls that), is this your prince? (Referring to my son.) My DD said, "Ew NO!!! That's my brother!!!":rotfl:
I guess that didn't scare her away. She asked us to follow her and she took us out of line down to the control booth where they operate the ride. The kids were allowed in, as long as they didn't touch anything, and were announced over the loudspeaker as Guest Cruise Directors. They got to stand in the window and wave and tell everyone "Bon Voyage" as they left on their cruise. After a couple minutes, we were given certificates and taken to the front of the next cruise ship.
It really was something special. Nothing huge, but if you think about the thousands of people who come through those gates everyday, to recieve anything is "magical!!!"

I was in WDW December '08. I had gotten my customizable ears the previous day (the ones that are my avvie :) ) and I was going on the from AK I think to our hotel (the Poly). The bus driver noticed the little crown on the front of my ears and he said "Hello Princess" Then the announcement over the bus came "Ladies and Gentleman, there is a Disney Princess on board." It was AWESOME :)

We were just about to leave Hollywood Studios when a YOMD castmember came up to us and asked if we were able to do everything we wanted. My DD said she only got to go on Tower of Terror once so he said ok lets go on! He walked us over to Tower of Terror and gave us Fast Passes. My son did not want to go on again so the castmember took him to the giftshop to get to the photo viewing area. Once we had finished the ride he pointed out the photo and the castmember gave it to us for free!

We had see the castmember with a clipboard all day and we were always too busy for him to catch us so it was great to get the special treatment at the end of the day.

My family had many dream encounters in FL and CA, both groups were amazing and made so many unforgetable memories with prizes and random acts of kindness for my daughter. From what the former EPCOT Dreamers explained was the Dream Makers were dibanded at the end of 08 thanks to budget cuts. I hope they bring back something like that again this celebration theme hasn't really caught on with my family.

When my husband and I were a WDW in 2008, we were standing in line for RRC and overheard the couple behind us talking. We turned around to make friendly conversation and found out that they had been granted two YOMD wishes in a row. They both had Fast Pass cards for the entire park. They said that there was no way they could use them both and offered them to us! Now that is Disney Magic!! :wizard:

When I went in March of 2008, my mom, my sister, and I were waiting in line for the Rock and Roller Coaster when the CMs told everyone in the room that we all got free YOMD Mickey Ears ! We were all very excited because they were made especially for YOMD and you couldn't buy them anywhere. I have mine in my room on a shelf :lovestruc

" we guys have been all very happy, excited in our vacation trip in Disney!...":yay::dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter