Year of Million Dreams -- anyone else get something yet? Post your wishes won here!

We got some of the million dreams hats. Our cousin who came with us got a fantastic limo ride from the airport to the resort. I think the best thing was I finally got to go on Test Track... after 5 years... we were celebrating and one of the operators noticed and invited us to get right back on again!!!

YOAMD frustrated me, I was there 4 times during the promotion and all i ever received was couple of pins when i was getting off BTR. I guess it was lucky enough that I got to go that many times but youd think the odds would have been a little better for me

My wife and I were lucky enough to be YoaMD-ed and Magical Moment-ed. In the summer of 2008 we were made "First Family" at the American Adventure at Epcot. We were given special seats during the Voices of Liberty show, then allowed to enter the main theater before anyone else to choose our seats. We were then introduced to the audience. A few weeks ago, while again at Epcot, we were given access to a special viewing area to watch Illuminations. Both were a very neat treat!

We have had awesome fun the last 2 years of a Million Dreams! There were many magical moments, certificates from CMs for HSM trivia knowledge, etc, and I have lost count for the number of Tink pins given to us by CM. My kids have enjoyed sharing them with others. But the best part was Dec 28, 2008 when we were at MK with our best friends visiting from out of state, wearing our dorky matching tshirts (which the preteens were protesting) and we were selected by CM Mark to be the Grand Marshalls for the 3 pm parade! It was so much fun, and all the photo's of us we are a group of grinning idiots! We were all given classic ears with our names on them, put in a VIP spot to view the parade and each family was given a 5x7 photo of our group. It was the coolest ever! Then on Dec 31 at EPCOT we were approached by a CM who told us it was the last day of YOAMD and he had to give away all of his stuff. So he started by giving the 5 kids with us each pins. We got talking with him (we are a chatty folk) and my friend gave the CM a "Happy New Years!" necklace that we all were wearing. He though it was so much fun he dug in his bag for more pins and a lanyard to give us.

It is quite amazing to learn about the personal experiences of fellow din ers.. It is quite amazing to learn the happy and rewarding moments and I am waiting for something similar for me to write here

I was there twice and never got anything....I shouldn't complain though....that's not why we went! It was nice to hear from everyone and what they received.....

We of course got "dreamed" with tink pins and my daughter got pulled into Highschool musical in DEC 2007. But the best two moments i think were not even supposed to be dream moments.

1. My 16 year old made google eyes at Capt. Jack during his skit by Pirates. He of course even called her cute in front of everyone and pulled her into the skit at one point. The next day she went back to see the skit again (crush) and had her camera. She saw him leave and just before he ducked into the cast members only area he pointed to her camera and aske if she wanted a picture. He took her and my son right behind the gate, swept my daughter up into his arms cradle style and let my son take her picture. AWESOME.

2. We were sitting on main street waiting for a parade when the mayor and a couple others came by to entertain us. Then i noticed Scoop. i had just started collecting pins the last year so i had a Price is Right moment and got terribly excited. He was flattered and when he noticed i did not have my lanyard (my pins are attached to my mom bag) He pulled out a lanyard from his carpet bag. But not a standard lanyard. It was personal, with several old pins and one jumbo (the October 1971 huge pin) and made me take it. It weighed 5 lbs but i wore my "bling" the rest of the trip!

What's going to happen to the castle suite now that YOAMD is over?

It'll probably be kept as is for contests and executive stays (John Lasseter loves to stay at the Dream Suite at DL). Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise recently stayed there, so that's certainly proof that it's being kept intact.

We won twice! The first time we won fast passes for Epcot and the second time we won time in the park after closing. I almost won a suite at Animal Kingdom. My husband sometimes is soooo slow. We were going to check in at Animal Kingdom and no one was in line. As I approached I decided to stop and wait for my husband. A woman asked if she could pass by and get in front and of course I said yes. Then she won!

Oh well, I am sure she deserved it - she was very sweet when she asked if she could go ahead, she could have just done it!

We go to Disney World about 6 times per year so we went several times over that time period. We received special Mickey hats once, very cool. We watched many others win prizes right in front of us or right behind us. Jealous? Of course, but happy to watch it happen. One family won a trip right in front of us, the CM whispered it to me when I asked. I wish we could have won the grand prize, but I'm happy that we got the hats. We'll keep them forever as a keepsake. We leave this Sunday for my birthday, maybe Mickey will surprise me and let me stay in the castle when he sees I've arrived yet again. :rotfl:

In January '08 my boyfriend and I won the Mickey Ears when we went on Tower of Terror, we saw the woman in the white vest waiting for us in the room where you watch the video. Needless to say our group picture was great with everyone wearing their hats. :thumbsup2

n711367278_853046_6630.jpg

We were in Disneyland on the anniversary of opening day. My two daughters and their two cousins were sitting in their strollers on main street wearing their princess dresses while we waited for gramma to get her morning coffee. A cast member came up and started to talk to my girls about their dresses and their favorite princesses. It was so cute! Then she asked if the girls would like a chance to meet the princesses privately! She gave us all passes to a private "princess tea" that afternoon. It was us and 3 of the princesses (snow white, aurora, and belle) We had tea and cakes, took pictures, and chatted with the princesses for about 30 min! My daughters still haven't stopped talking about it.

I guess that I did not realize that YOAMD was over. :sad2:

On our last visit, we won lanyards that came with a WDW pin as we were getting off the Peter Pan ride. We were completely suprised and had no idea that we would get them. I think that I was more excited about getting them than the rest of my family! ;)

A dear friend of mine, her DH and three DDs won the Disney Dream Suite at Disneyland during their Christmas 2008 trip. It was very magical for them as they are HUGE Disney fans, the girls are always in Disney gear :) Their license plate was even 1Q1K3P. She took amazing photos of the interior..just beautiful!

When we went in June 2008 my daughter was chosen as an honorary "Lost Boy" at the Peter Pan ride. She received a certificate and a pin and and we got to go to the front of the line. That was cool. Also, at MK another day my daughter got an exclusive 'Year of a Million Dreams" pin from a worker. Of course it helped that she had a cast on her arm - so everyone felt bad for her I guess! It was really neat tho.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter