YIPPIE! HoB is Closing

TheRustyScupper

Everyone Is Responsible For Everyone.
{FLAME PROOF CAPE FROM DRAWER TO MY SHOULDERS}
1) OK, so maybe I should not show so much glee.
2) But, they were always average-to-mediocre.
3) Then, they allowed Aaron Sanchez to author a new menu.
4) The taste and quality didn't go downhill - it outright dived!
5) So, they have not renewed their contract and will be leaving.
6) The "rumor" came from a solid source I know, so I trust the info.
{FLAME PROOF CAPE RETURNED TO DRAWER}

NOTE: In regards to the Gospel Luncheon, this will be missed. But, a new
eatery would be a welcomed addition to DTD-West.

Our Ratings of House of Blues: (*rev 2/6/2014*)
. . . food price value: D
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: D
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The new menu is seriously disappointing. All HOB websites claim new menus by
Aaron Sanchez. Not sure if this is bragging or an apology. Supposed more Southwestern
USA and items are said to be bold-sassy-contemporary. They sadly miss. Additionally,
HOB at Disney used to be very reasonable and is now overpriced for what's on the plate.
It is still loud inside, as no acoustical aids. On the good side, the Sunday Gospel Lunch
is great for both music and food (make ressies!) .

Now, for a "Blues House", where are the blues?

Wonder if that will be the end of trying to get adult entertainment venues to work at a family destination.

They literally opened up the new HoB Smokehouse area in the courtyard this week so I seriously doubt that rumor.

Take a look they have concerts books for the next several months at least up until June of this year.

Yeah......I work there......we aren't going anywhere. Not to mention the box office/smokehouse/outdoor seating refurb that just happened.

Now, for a "Blues House", where are the blues?
And every Friday and Saturday night in the restaurant they have live blues music starting at 10:30pm until close and last week we had the Jake and Elwood Blues Review perform in the concert hall....

6) The "rumor" came from a solid source I know, so I trust the info.

I'm sorry, but since I don't know your "solid source", I don't trust it. Closing down the restaurant part ... maybe. To be honest, I've never eaten at the restaurant, I only went there for concerts, so I can't comment on the food. But closing down the concert venue part (or allowing the concert venue to close) would be a *HUGE* mistake on Disney's part, considering Universal has the Hard Rock Live at Citywalk.

Really dont believe this or trust "your source" can not see them doing a big refurb only to close???? plus having concerts booked up.

~LOL. I don't get it either. The place literally has church service on Sunday. It's not some strip club for you to make it rain or whatever. :rotfl:

Yeah......I work there......we aren't going anywhere. Not to mention the box office/smokehouse/outdoor seating refurb that just happened.

And every Friday and Saturday night in the restaurant they have live blues music starting at 10:30pm until close and last week we had the Jake and Elwood Blues Review perform in the concert hall....
~Straight from the source. Thank you so much! I've always wanted to try House of Blues. I'll have to make it a point to check it out. :goodvibes

Wonder if that will be the end of trying to get adult entertainment venues to work at a family destination.

i sure hope not...
the focus on adults as much as kids is one of the things that made WDW great from 1985-2005 (among other things)...and why i think it has been in decline since

~
~Straight from the source. Thank you so much! I've always wanted to try House of Blues. I'll have to make it a point to check it out. :goodvibes

I've never been there either-- and should try it-- The problem is then I would have to go to downtown disney...

Friends did the gospel brunch and said it was great.

I ate at the one at DLR, and I didn't have high hopes. In fact, we only ate there because it was the only thing in DTD with a reasonable wait. This was witht eh Arron Sanchez menu and I have to say I thought my meal was delicious! I remember being totally impressed and glad we tried it. Now, experience at the WDW location may be different (I found a lot of the food in DLR better in general), but it sounds like they're sticking around anyway.

2) But, they were always average-to-mediocre.

I've never dined at the HoB. Average to mediocre sounds better than many (most) of the WDW restaurants.

I don't think HoB ever accepted the Disney Dining Plan. I'll speculate that may be the reason. I can't see Disney guests avoiding HoB due to average to mediocre food. That's what guests have come to expect.

i sure hope not...
the focus on adults as much as kids is one of the things that made WDW great from 1985-2005 (among other things)...and why i think it has been in decline since

Exactly, They didn't just try, but succeeded for many years.

I've never dined at the HoB. Average to mediocre sounds better than many (most) of the WDW restaurants. I don't think HoB ever accepted the Disney Dining Plan. I'll speculate that may be the reason. I can't see Disney guests avoiding HoB due to average to mediocre food. That's what guests have come to expect.

Ate at HoB in December and they definitely accepted the dining plan. Agree food wasn't up to the same level it had been in 2008 though

House of Blues accepts the dining plan as of 2012.

I bet if they close, it'll be just the concert venue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter