Yo-ho-ho, sailin, sailin, 3 night Wonder on 12/17/09

dceks cruisers

Mouseketeer
Sailin, sailin, me thinks so! We'll enjoy Christmas Buccaneering & merrymaking. Map yer course on 12/17 fer the Wonder. We be planning a meeting fer a swashbuckling meetin' and greetin' with fun and sun, so come one, come all. Say “Aye” if ye be attendin'. Those ye dare…shalt be there… (If not, then walk the plank!)”.

Arr ye ready to embark on a piratin' Christmastime cruise? :santa:

Adding names of cruisers:

~~~Below is a list of those DIS'ers who have joined our thread. I will do my best to keep it up-to-date based on the info posted in the thread or sent to me via PM. You can add whatever other info you want me to put also (stateroom/deck #, early/late seating, excursion/Palo plans, family photos, hotel before the cruise, any previous DCL cruises, ANYTHING you want us to know, etc.). ~~~
DIS NAME(s)
ADULTS
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL)
STATE
~~~~~~~~~
DIS NAME: dceks cruisers - from MN; Early dining; this is our second cruise (1st was 7 day Western, 2/7/09 for 25th anniversary)
2 Adults: Dave & DW Connie (me)
2 kids: Erik (14), Katelyn (9)
FE=No; Palo=Yes; staying near airport night before
Room #7076
~~~~~~~~~~
DIS NAME - pgsahm2
ADULTS - 2 adults, Amanda and Shawn
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) - 3 kids, Braxton- 10, Camden- turning 8 on 12/17, Dawson- 3
STATE - Virginia
Other info:
Room Number - 2143 and 2145
Early seating
Definitely Palo, just not sure when yet
Staying at POR for 4 nights prior to the cruise
3rd DCL for us!
And sign us up for the FE exchange
My parents, Vickie and Gene will also be traveling with us for their first DCL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DIS NAME: neriberi
Angela, Rob, Annabel (aka Robangebel), plus Mimi
Spending 4 days at AKL before. It will be our first Christmas on the Wonder and we're super excited!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DIS NAME - canuckgal
ADULTS - 2 adults - Michelle (me) and my husband James
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) - Sadie who will be 8
STATE - IL

We are in room #6094 and are also in the early seating. We would love to be a part of the FE...I know Sadie would love that!!

We are staying at the AKL for one night before the cruise and then at the Wilderness Lodge for 4 days after!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DIS NAME: PrincessDuck
(only thing that would make us change from this cruise would be the school schedule-still waiting to get it for next year)
ADULTS Chris and Daisy(hence princessduck!!) - going on a 7 day cruise in Oct.
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) Meghan 6 years and Donovan 3 years (their first cruise)
STATE Ohio
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DIS NAME: namsupak (Disney "Newlyweds"); 3rd DCL
2 Adults + baby: Lauren, James and 4 mo. old baby Lorelei at sailing time (how exciting!)
ROOM 6596
STATE- West Virginia
Late Dining

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DIS NAME - BoogasMom
ADULTS - Amy and Todd
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) - Brandon will be 9 and Carson will be 6 when we cruise
STATE - Virginia

We are booked in a Cat 12 GTY right now so no room number yet.
We have early seating. This is our first DCL cruise so I have no idea what to expect or what we will be doing on the ship yet! We will be staying at POR for 4 nights before the cruise. My boys would love to participate in the FE exchange so sign them up, too

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dis Name - Margo in Cinci
2 Adults: DH - Steve and Me - Margo
DS - Fred 10
Early dining /Second cruise/ Not sure of my Palo thing yet or if at all - its a short trip
Cinci OH
Same room as last time (seriously!!! 6132 - easy button no brainer)
FE=Yes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dis Name~Capt. Jack
Adults~Gary & Charlene
Kid~Gillian (will be 10 at cruise time)
Cat 12 GTY so no stateroom # yet.
Just got back from a 7 day eastern and decided to do the bounceback with 4 days at the parks before (don't know which resort we'll be at yet).
State: North Carolina FE=Yes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DISNAME - cbmeadors
Adults - Brett and Deaven
Kids - Sophie (9) and Jake (7)
Room - 5518 (we had this room in February and very happy to be in the same room)
Fish Extenders - Y / Palo - Hopefully / Late Dining
3rd cruise / From Cincinnati / Will be going to Disney after cruise, not sure of plans yet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dis Name: Queen of 3 princess
Adults: Amy and Jason
Kids(ages in Dec) Taylor 11, Callie 9, Megan 6
Cat 12 no # yet / Early dining
Other info: Our 1st cruise / visiting disney before cruise (3rd time)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
aye!! Chuckieg & family be tending ye Disney Cruise
my Parents and sister along with me will be on the Wonder Dec. 17th.
( Charles , Doran , Jeannie and me ( chuck )
Staying first at Doubletree near DW, on the 13th move to the PO French Quarters till we sail on the 17th. We are celebrating all of our birthdays and my parents 44th year of marriage.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DIS NAME(s) mommystieg
ADULTS John and Sharon
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) Sara 17, Emily 9, April 5
STATE Texas
1st cruise ever, been to WDW several times before

We are staying at BCV on the 16th and then spending a night at BWV on the 20th. We have never been in WDW during Christmas.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DIS NAME(s) - degrapevine
ADULTS - David (43) and Rose (39) - Celebrating 20th anniversary
KIDS - Leaving 'em at home w/the Grandparents!
STATE - Florida
Include in FE and any meets.

Going to Palo one night and I am going to try to talk DH into doing the Segway tour on Nassau. Other than that, it's going to be rest and relaxation w/o the kids! They'll have more fun with Nanny and Poppy anyway ...

Cruised last month (June 6) on a 7 night Eastern w/the kids (Eric 14, Patrick 11, and Gina 8) and I just took DD on a surprise 3 night July 9 for the Disney Channel Summer at Sea cruise. What fun we had!
~~~~~~~~~
DIS NAME(s) : jasminewannabe (my real name is Amy and I am 22)
ADULTS: 2 (me and my mommy)
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL): No kids if you're measuring by age lol.
STATE: West Virginia
ROOM:6026
EXTRA: I am related to DIS member namsupak. She's my sister in law. We're all going as a family (My mom, brother, sister in law, neice, and myself). This is my 1st cruise and I cant wait!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disboards: weich1001
First Cruise
Adults: Glenn and Wendi (It's my birthday (on day of sailing---17th) and a total surprise trip for the kids!)
Kids: Erika and Austin
Room: 7509
Late Dining
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DIS NAME(s) : ChristieK0310
ADULTS: 2
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL): DD age 2
STATE:
ROOM:
EXTRA: 1st Disney Cruise/Animal Kingdom Villas before and then Saratoga for Christmas
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DIS NAME(s): cobbler
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL): DS 8
STATE:
ROOM:
EXTRA: It'll be me (celebrating my graduation w/ a master's degree)/Late dining
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DIS NAME(s): cruiseorrs
KIDS: 1 son (Marek) 3yrs old
STATE: Orlando Florida (30 mins from port)
ROOM: Cat 12 or higher, no # yet
Early dining
Definitely doing Palo again. We have reservations for the second night.
Dec 18 at 8:30
This will be our 2nd Wonder cruise. 1st one was on September 10 2009 LOVED IT, and now our family is a bit obsessed.
FE: YES
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DIS NAME(s): pmama
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL): DD9, DD5
STATE: CO
ROOM: 12 GTY
EXTRA: This is our first cruise, can't wait!
FISH EXTENDER: YES the girls are so excited for this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
DIS NAME - Fatima1922
ADULTS - 2 adults, Fatima and Kenny
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) - Amaya - 3
STATE - NJ
Room Number - 2068 / Early seating / Palo on Saturday at 8:30pm / Flying in on the day of
~~~~~~~~~~~
DIS NAME(s) Tweet
ADULTS 2 Schulget/Boes
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) Eric 17, Sam 17
STATE Illinois - Yes for FE (no room number yet)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DIS NAME - momster24
ADULTS - 2 Adam and Dawn
KIDS - DS, Aydan - 7
STATE - Florida, (south)
Room #2500 / Palo - Definitely. 2nd night (only thing available) / Dining - Early seating
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DIS NAME - Jennifer_W
Adults - me (Jennifer), DH Mark,
KIDS - DS Alex (15), DS Ben (13) & DS Luke (2 & 1/2),
OTHER ADULTS - hubby's DA (dear auntie) Faye & cousin Sue.
STATE - MN
ROOM - 2 cat 9 staterooms on deck 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SailingSeas
Kids: DS 19, DD 23
ROOM: 5632
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DIS JAMESMRIVERS
4 of us
Kids: DD Jessica 16 DS Noah 8
Like to join FE exchange
Room 8564

You're too funny!

Former VV checking in and sayin' AYE!! We just booked yesterday. We'll be spending 4 nights at WDW prior to the cruise.

I have never been to Disney at Christmas and now I have the opportunity to be at WDW and a cruise during Christmas time. Can't wait!

Amanda

I'll be watching the DCL announcements on 4/6 for the bounce back dates. I'm hoping this date is included, it works well for us.:goodvibes

We're looking to spend a day at Kennedy Space Center if we can swing it.

Airline prices are still looking good too!

Connie

I'm bumping us since today is the day that more people should be joining us! December 17th is officially NOT BLACKED OUT!!

Yay!!!

This is great! There will be 4 of us joining the cruise; we are going to spend 4 days at AKL before. It will be our first Christmas on the Wonder and we're super excited!

-Angela, Rob, Annabel (aka Robangebel), plus Mimi

Another Valtentine Voyager checking in... this time it will be baby's first cruise out of the womb! Nice to see we'll be seeing some familiar faces and fun to see some new ones too :goodvibes

Welcome to those joining today! It will be so fun to see fellow Valentine Voyagers again and to meet new people too!:yay:

L & J: It will be so fun to see your little "bouncing" baby! If you don't want to bring all the baby supplies with, there is a service for having items such as diapers delivered to the stateroom.

Today I asked a CM about the kids sail free on 7 night cruise offer and she was only able to tell me that it is a targeted group that got the email offer and more emails are expected to go out the end of this week. I don't think that will change my BB plans.

Seeing the Wonder at Christmas will be awesome.

I can sleep tight knowing this date is not blocked out! Nite all!

Great to see a few more added to the list!

Lauren, how old will your baby be at the time we sail? How are you feeling?

Have you guys sent in your vouchers yet? I meant to do it today but forgot. I might pop out later this afternoon and go to the post office. I want this thing to finalized for good! :)

Should we start a countdown? ROFL

At this time we have booked this cruise with our 3 and almost 6 year old. It will be their first cruise. My husband and I are going on a 7 day in October without the little ones. The only thing that would make us change from this cruise would be the school schedule. We are still waiting to get it for next year.

We just booked last night! I am so excited I can't wait...we haven't been on a cruise before. We have one daughter who will be 8 and she could hardly sleep last night after I told her we booked it!

Amanda - I'm feeling fine... thanks for asking :goodvibes The baby will be a little over 4 months old on the cruise. So at least very small and portable... not as portable as last cruise :lmao:

canuckgal-your family is going to absolutely love the cruise... especially your daughter :goodvibes

We mailed in our voucher today and are so excited for the cruise!

We just booked last night! I am so excited I can't wait...we haven't been on a cruise before. We have one daughter who will be 8 and she could hardly sleep last night after I told her we booked it!

Welcome and you'll enjoy the cruise! We have a DD8 that turns 9 end of Sept. She is looking forward to meeting your DD. Her name is Katelyn (K8!). She wants to know your DD's name. As you can probably tell, she is right beside me as I type this.

Have a great day everyone! We have sunshine (finally) here in MPLS.

My daughter is Sadie...she has been on here finding magnets and all sorts of other things for the trip. We have been pestering my husband for months to go, and he finally broke down.

I just wish it was sooner. LOL!!

Welcome to the newbies!

Lauren, you'll eventually realize how portable babies are before they're born! lol Take advantage of it while you still can!

I mailed the voucher yesterday by priority with delivery confirmation (only after scanning both of them in to my computer!). I wasn't taking any chances! I wonder how long before the price adjustment....

We're keeping this cruise a secret from the kids yet again. At least the secret wait time is shorter than the last one... :)

December 17 will be Camden's 8th birthday so this will be extra special for us!

Michelle, you'll have a blast and making magnets is a lot of fun. I can't wait to start making new ones for this trip.

Amanda

Hey Amanda! I thought that was you and then I saw you mention Camden and I knew it was!

I'm excited to be going on this cruise. This will be our very first Disney cruise and only our second trip to DisneyWorld. We too are keeping it all a secret from our boys, ages 5 and 8, as we have them completely convinced that we won't be going back to Disney for a couple of years.

I look forward to meeting everyone!!! :goodvibes

I've been reading some on these boards and I found out about Fish Extenders and door magnets. I've noticed that people buy little things to put into other DISers FEs, especially for the kids.

My question is this....Will there be some sort of head count done prior to us sailing regarding how many boys and how many girls will be in the "group"? I would love to have a count so I can start buying small things ASAP. Thanks!!!

As you can tell.............I am extremely new to the DCL so please excuse any of my dumb questions!! :laughing:

Ha! Good to see you here!!

As for the FE gifts, I guess our group will have to start a FE list to get an idea of who will be sailing. I guess we'll need a volunteer to coordinate the list. (VV's, where's Sue when we need her? She spoiled us!) Last cruise we had like 25 families (someone correct me) and it was left up to each family on how they wanted to "gift" each other - whether each kid rec'd something or if the family rec'd something altogether. We got a TON of stuff. TONS. The boys loved it!

You'll have to come over and watch our picture DVD ;) - then you'll only get more excited! Have you guys decided when and how to tell your boys?

We haven't decided when or where to tell the boys about it. I'm torn as to the details and keep going back and forth with my ideas. I'm thinking of not telling them about the cruise part at all until we pull up in port because I'm afraid they may say something to your boys and spoil your own surprise for them. I still have time to come up with something.

I would love to see your picture DVD! Maybe we can do that after we tell the kids...that would really get them keyed up! :happytv:

I need to email you so be on the lookout for it!

Welcome to DIS'ers who have joined our thread. I will make updates to the first thread based on the info posted within the thread or sent to me via PM. You can add whatever other info you want me to put also (stateroom/deck #, early/late seating, excursion/Palo plans, family photos, hotel before the cruise, any previous DCL cruises, ANYTHING you want us to know, etc.). ~~~
DIS NAME(s)
ADULTS
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL)
STATE
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter