Yo-ho-ho, sailin, sailin, 3 night Wonder on 12/17/09

Capt. Jack: Your status of "why is the rum always gone" has to be one of my favorite lines of ALL movies. Classic! :thumbsup2

See you on the ship!

Momster we will probably be there early too. My son is 7 as well, maybe they can play together rather than having his nose stuck in his Nintendo DS as usual. On our last cruise we met a few DIS friends in the terminal and had lunch together, it was fun.

cbmeadors - sounds great! But what will end up happening is they both will sit together with their noses in the DS! (I might "forget" his at home!) :rolleyes1

We are wearing light green shirts that we made....easy to see!

"Sea" everyone soon! I am SOOOO excited.

Can anyone explain to me how we are to pass out the gifts for the FE exchange? Is it done on the first night? It is our first one so I just want to make sure we do it the right way:goodvibes

Tweet, for our last FE we had a schedule of when each group was to pass theirs out. We did have a very large group and a longer cruise. I think the best thing to do is to try and pass them out around a certain time, maybe dinner time. This way, they are not in our extenders for a long time (just in case they grow legs and walk away - I have heard that happening). If we kind of know when to pass them out and check, it might make things easier. :confused3

Hi guys,

Sorry, been busy with work. Thank you for the explanation of the FE, and I will have to save for the next trip. We are pinching pennies for this trip (read: no excursions, no souveniers, but by the grace of the Sea Gods, have a lovely cabin upgrade)

I am curious about dinner as well. I am a single mom, and traveling with DS19 and DD13 for second seating; what do you guys do if the kids ditch you? Room Service? Has anyone traveled alone with kids before?

SailingSeas- If you are in our dinner rotation and your kids ditch you, you're more than welcome to come join us. DH actually commented the other day that since we're bringing MIL and SIL we might not get put with another family this trip. We always love meeting new people. Just find us at the meet on Thursday if you want. :goodvibes

That sounds great. Skipping through the thread; the meet is at 3pm, right? Did I see that it is in the lobby? I will drag the kids, kicking and screaming with me. They were the ones looking for companionship, I was more interested in the hammocks, myself. hehehee! Seriously, it does sound like fun, and thank you for the offer.

We are leaving early in the morning so I wanted to stop by one last time. I am looking forward to meeting everyone next week!

Meet in the LOBBY at 3:00 pm!

FE gifts are packed and ready to go! This time next week we'll be cruising!

We'll see you there!

Time is approaching!!! For everyone who is heading to Disney before, enjoy! Disney during the holidays is the best. The castle is amazing!

Hey James River - I have extra gifts too so consider yourselves included... we are in 6132

See you all next week - we leave MONDAY....

Funny - work xmas party was last night and DS had friend over - wasn't really "on vacation" until today at 3 PM. But I am now and I am VERY excited. Two more sleeps!!!

WOW!

Fe list - FINAL

Captain Jack's room number is added. :) Sorry I haven't been back to check on what's going on. I am also going to add JAMESMRIVERS to the list. I see a lot are able to add him to the FE, but if you can't it's understandable. I will also be able to drop off gifts to him because I am a last minute shopper! :) I plan to stop by and drop off small gifts a couple times during the cruise. I know my 3 1/2 year old is going to have a blast doing this. We did have a couple that asked to be taken off the list, so hopefully everyone will be covered. :)

YAY!!! 4 DAYS TILL CRUISE TIME!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cut-off date was on November 22. One month to sailing, this will give us enough time for shopping.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Families that would like to participate in the FE Exchange  Let me know if you’d like me to add or remove you. I did consolidate information for this list to give you numbers of families, and children, and room numbers. I only compiled this list based on who actually said “yes” to the FE question in this thread. If I overlooked you, I’m sorry! I’d be happy to update all information. And I can’t wait to get all the gifts together. My 3 year old son is going to have a BLAST walking around and leaving surprise gifts at your door!!

DIS NAME: pgsahm2
ADULTS - 4 adults, Amanda and Shawn, Vickie and Gene
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) - 3 kids, Braxton- 10, Camden- turning 8 on 12/17, Dawson- 3
Room Number - 2143

DIS NAME: pgsahm2
ADULTS - 2 adults Vickie and Gene
Room Number - 2145

DIS NAME - BoogasMom
ADULTS - Amy and Todd
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) - Brandon will be 9 and Carson will be 6 when we cruise
Room # 6002
My boys would love to participate in the FE exchange so sign them up, too

Dis Name - Margo in Cinci
2 Adults: DH - Steve and Me - Margo
DS - Fred 10
Room # 6132

DISNAME - cbmeadors
Adults - Brett and Deaven
Kids - Sophie (9) and Jake (7)
Room - 6032

DIS NAME(s) - degrapevine
ADULTS - David (43) and Rose (39) - Celebrating 20th anniversary
KIDS - Leaving 'em at home w/the Grandparents!
Room # 2510

Dis Name~Capt. Jack
Adults~Gary & Charlene
Kid~Gillian (will be 10 at cruise time)
Room # 2030

DIS NAME: PrincessDuck
ADULTS Chris and Daisy Swords
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) Meghan 6 years and Donovan 3 years (their first cruise)
Room # 7001

DIS NAME(s): cruiseorrs
ADULTS: 2 - Amber and Kevin Orr
KIDS: 1 son (Marek) 3yrs old
ROOM: 2558

DIS NAME(s): pmama
ADULTS, 2 - Dustan, Brooke
KIDS, 2- DD9(Hope) DD5 (Faith)
ROOM: 2612
EXTRA: This is our first cruise, can't wait!
FISH EXTENDER: YES the girls are so excited for this.

DIS NAME(s) Tweet
ADULTS 2 Schulget/Boes
ROOM: 2137, 2139
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) Eric 17, Sam 17
STATE Illinois

DIS NAME - Fatima1922
ADULTS - 2 adults, Fatima and Kenny
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) - Amaya - 3
STATE - NJ
ROOM: 2068

DIS NAME - momster24
ADULTS - 2 Adam and Dawn
KIDS - DS, Aydan - 7
STATE - Florida, (south)
Room #2500

DIS NAME - Neriberi
ADULTS - 2 Rob and Angela
KIDS - Annabel (2yrs old)
Room # 6134

DIS NAME - JAMES M RIVERS
ADULTS - 2 James and Jill
KIDS - Noah (8) and Jessica (16)
Room # 8564

Okay, we are in the process of packing everything!!! We fly down tomorrow afternoon!!! So excited! The kids are ready and the hubby really needs this vacation. Can't wait to see you on the Mickey Boat!!

Daisy

We just checked in at Bonnet creek resort after driving all night. Going to swim a bit a prob hang around DTD and get dinner. Can't wait for tomorrow.

So happy to hear you guys are making it to Florida. Soon we'll all be hanging on the boat and getting pampered Disney style! :)

Cool that you're staying at the Bonnet Creek Resort. My office designed it. :)

See you all tomorrow!

I am SO in Disney mode! :cool1: I am also trying to work (not doing so well). In my mind I am already on the ship! I can't wait. The weather here in South Florida is really cloudy and rainy. I hope we have good weather.

Rather excited. My son made it to the Hyatt for the night - that was so stressful for us since he is also lugging all his stuff from college onto the ship too. (gawd I hope he did his laundry before stuffing it in there!)

Can't wait to meet everyone, 9 hours and counting. :D

I want to thank you all for the wonderful FE gifts. This was my first Disney Cruise. I had no idea what to expect. Amaya was so excited each time she came to the room and had gifts in the FE. My DH was totally taken back by the FE. The generosity and creativity of you all made a this cruise magical.

SOrry I missed the DIS Meet. We flew the day of (HUGE mistake). We got to the ship later than expected. We were tired, hungry and I had one cranky child that needed a nap before the drill.

DH had a miserable first night. Grateful it improved as the days went on. I was extremely disappointed about not docking at CC but I commend the Captain for his efforts. I told my DH all I wanted for Christmas was for him to book another cruise. I got my wish - March 13, 2011. He won't do a 7 night but I got a 4 night. He says that he enjoyed himself except for the sailing part - so too many days at sea is out.

All the best to you and yours. Have a happy holiday and great New Year!

Fatima

Hi Everyone!

WE too missed the meet - didn't even get on the boat until about 3 PM - barely made food and we were starving. The bus that was supposed to take us from Caribbean Beach at 12:30 went to pick up more people at Boardwalk so then we didn't even leave WDW until after 1 PM!

The gifts were WONDERFUL! Thank you to everyone - I was surprised by how many - all of you really were generous.

Cruise was a bit rocky - I am still rocking in fact. But we did enjoy it - just quiet time away and that is our favorite.

Anyway, may the peace that seems to be different somehow during this time find its way to your heart and to your lives if only for a few moments over the next few days.

Thanks and thanks for making our cruise that much more special!

Fatima -

Congrats on the next cruise!

And if it helps, I've been on three cruises and Thursday night was the roughest I've ever had on a ship. Seriously!

I actually had ginger capsules but we forgot to take them the day before - health food stores often have ginger in capsules and if you start taking them the day before the cruise they can really help. Also, take them with a meal.

We actually use the wrist bands too. My BFF used them when travelling while expecting and swore by them, so I tried them and I believe they make a HUGE difference - you might definitely want to get them for your DH!

Margo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter