YOAMD - Anyone else looking forward to it ending?

boomhauer

When the world gets in my face, I say - Have A Nic
Maybe I'm just bitter having been in the parks for 31 days of this promotion and still not getting a "dream". Maybe it's the commercials we've been bombarded with. For some reason, I honestly can't wait for this thing to be over. It sounds really juvenile, but I think I'm just tired of being let down. I think it's a bit human nature to get excited that you might win something, and when you spend a lot of time in the parks, you'd think the law of averages has to work in your favor sometime.

I'd just like to get back to business as usual, enjoying vacation, and not being on the lookout for the dream team to give away fastpasses to someone else other than me.

OK - Rant over.:)

I think it's funny that this promotions started around the time of my last trip, fall 2006, and will still be going on (at least I think) when we're there fall 2008. That's a long year.

I think it's great. I feel happy about other people winning and having a good day, rather than bitter that I didn't win. I didn't come expecting to win, so no let-down for me.

I guess I feel differently.I really could care less about YOMD.I am going in Sept and if I win something fine, and if I don't that is fine too.It isn't going to make or break my time. Not to sound mean, but I think alot of people go with the expectation that they HAVE to win something or it isn't fair.When has life ever been fair?Seriously.I am going to have a good time regardless.The truth is you make your own magic.

Maybe I'm just bitter having been in the parks for 31 days of this promotion and still not getting a "dream". Maybe it's the commercials we've been bombarded with. For some reason, I honestly can't wait for this thing to be over. It sounds really juvenile, but I think I'm just tired of being let down. I think it's a bit human nature to get excited that you might win something, and when you spend a lot of time in the parks, you'd think the law of averages has to work in your favor sometime.

I'd just like to get back to business as usual, enjoying vacation, and not being on the lookout for the dream team to give away fastpasses to someone else other than me.

OK - Rant over.:)

I understand the next promotion is going to be YOTMSMFWDWALY-

"Year Of Ten Million Slightly Miffed Folks Who Didn't Win Anything Last Year."

I'm pretty much over this promotion. I'd like to see something new after having 3 trips during it. I'd like to see what they do next. :goodvibes

I think it's great. I feel happy about other people winning and having a good day, rather than bitter that I didn't win. I didn't come expecting to win, so no let-down for me.

I'm happy for people.:)

Just sad for me.:sad1:

I guess I feel differently.I really could care less about YOMD.I am going in Sept and if I win something fine, and if I don't that is fine too.It isn't going to make or break my time. Not to sound mean, but I think alot of people go with the expectation that they HAVE to win something or it isn't fair.When has life ever been fair?Seriously.I am going to have a good time regardless.The truth is you make your own magic.

I'm only being half serious.;)

We actually had quite a few laughs in December when we were there over not winning anything. Not bitter laughs - Honest to goodness laughs. We're convinced we've been blacklisted.

I understand the next promotion is going to be YOTMSMFWDWALY-

"Year Of Ten Million Slightly Miffed Folks Who Didn't Win Anything Last Year."

:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: That was great Robo

I also think it is interesting that we were in the parks 10/1/06 when this "year" started and it will still be going on during our Thanksgiving trip later this year.

I'm only being half serious.;)

And I'm only half kidding.

Together, we make-

Alfred.jpg

the Perfect Poster.

So it's really bothering you? I never win anything so if I had, I would have been shocked and delighted, otherwise, I'm just happy for the people who won.

I don't mind it too much, even though it hurts a little to see people in the car right in front of you win the Fastpasses.

Doh! :headache:

My family actually won some a couple of years ago, but it was more annoying than not. My brother and mom had gone over to the safaris at AK while me and my husband rode Everest. Well, THEY won the fastpasses, and we didn't since we weren't there. So really it wasn't very practical since we couldn't all ride things together for the rest of the day. :p

I love seeing the commercials.

I like the one with parents looking at the computer at night where the wife says "$1,600 for all of us - We can do that!"

They should add a disclaimer like car commercials do:

"Flight, food, souveniers, transportation extra."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter