YOAMD not needed for dreams to come true

madelinesmum

DIS Veteran
You know, I was just thinking that YOAMD is so neat and really takes the magic to the next level.... but I have to say that I am just so thankful that I am blessed enough to be able to vacation at Disney World with my family.
Disney is all about making dreams come true even in the most simple forms. I think everyday at Disney is like a million dreams wrapped up in a day, sharing moments with my family, creating lifetime memories that could never be bought,replaced or duplicated.
Even though we would all like to have a special dream come true, I am just content with living out my dreams of seeing my loved ones have a magical time. YOAMD is just like a little bit of extra icing on the most delicious cake you've ever tasted. We (DISers) are truly blessed!

Amen! :thumbsup2

We have taken our children something like 4-5 times before our trip this past May, but they were younger (oldest was under 7). This last trip was amazing. The DC were 7.5 and 9 and it was so awesome to see their joy. :cloud9: The only details of the trip that they knew were the fact that we were going to WDW, the 2 parks, and the length of our stay. We kept the resort and all of the ADR's a surprise. This added so much to the magic of our trip! I can't wait to go again, but I know that it won't be for another couple of years (maybe even closer to 5 years)! :sad2:

I agree! We were planning to go next year already and Hubby said we could upgrade to WL, and just being at WDW is a dream for us as it is. Oh sure it would be wonderful to win something, but thats not what it's all about to us.

My family can't go as often as we'd love to go, but I am very glad that we are going on our 2nd trip. The memories from our first trip have not faded even one tiny bit!!! We still talk about the rides, the resort, the family time, the fun and most of all the magic of WDW.

Not one person in my family knows about the YOAMD and I want to keep it that way because for us our dream of going again will happen in just a couple of months!!

You know, I was just thinking that YOAMD is so neat and really takes the magic to the next level.... but I have to say that I am just so thankful that I am blessed enough to be able to vacation at Disney World with my family.
Disney is all about making dreams come true even in the most simple forms. I think everyday at Disney is like a million dreams wrapped up in a day, sharing moments with my family, creating lifetime memories that could never be bought,replaced or duplicated.
Even though we would all like to have a special dream come true, I am just content with living out my dreams of seeing my loved ones have a magical time. YOAMD is just like a little bit of extra icing on the most delicious cake you've ever tasted. We (DISers) are truly blessed!

I totally agree. My partner and I have lost count of our visits to WDW and each one is like the first for us. We too are thankful to be able to visit as often as we do and enjoy the magic. We never even think about YOAMD when we are there.

We invited friends to join us at our DVC AKL on the 24th of January. This is their wedding anniversary and their first visit to WDW. We are really looking forward to sharing all our experiences to help them have a magical visit. The extra icing on the cake would be terrific for them too...pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

I have to agree with this too. We took our first trip last April, and besides just regular camping it was our first family trip. I had the time of my life!! I took my daughter to see Disney On Ice this past Sunday and again got all choked up thinking about our trip and our next one! I loved having the family time all to ourselves without the phone ringing or kids fighting over video games. It was just us, having fun and seeing things I never thought I would see in my lifetime!

Shouldn't all our posts be like this? I mean, really, when you look at how life could be if we lived a lot of other places, we should all be down on our knees thanking (fill in the blank) that we are able to still be with our families, safe, and sound, and well fed and incredibly entertained. So thanks, OP, for saying what a lot of us think!

On our last trip in Dec., when I heard people complain around me, I wanted to tell them what you wrote. What's a few extra minutes at the bus stop? Good lord, did you have to wait an extra five minutes for dinner? Did you come here to eat or to be with your family????

I clicked on this b/c I was bored but man am I so glad I did. What a great perspective. Thank you for this post. Seriously. I am going to remember this when I'm there in June and something annoys me. There are many people who will never experience WDW even once.

Thanks again.

Same here. Disney is really a great place to go with your families. Spending time with them in every special occasions or even not. You can see how your kids love to visit and enjoys every single day. We really had the best trip ever.:)

You Just said it.. Everyday at Disney is like a million dreams wrapped up in a day...Perfect

Me too...nothing beats Disney...I would pick a Disney vacation over anything else everytime!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter