Yosemite National Park - Summer Vacation 2009

KCmike

Never have fallen asleep on any
We stayed outside of the park in El Portal.
IMG_2395-1.jpg

IMG_2463-1.jpg

The Awahnee inside the park
IMG_2571.jpg

My family at Yosemite at lower falls
IMG_2596.jpg

Better picture of upper falls
IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

Mist Trail
IMG_2757.jpg

Half Dome on a very cloudy day
IMG_2666.jpg

IMG_2508.jpg

"Tunnel View"
IMG_2806.jpg

Can't get enough of the Redwoods
IMG_2675.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

More to follow.

Very nice! I see you were around for some of the gloomy, rainy days we've had recently. Glad it didn't stop you from getting some good pictures. I've been wanting to run down for a day or two and finally see the falls with some good water. I've always tended to go late summer or fall when they're down to trickles.

Nicely done- it really looks like an amazing place.

We were scheduled to stay at Yosemite Lodge a couple weeks ago and had to cancel. :( Thanks for posting these! :) Yosemite is truly an amazing place and to us is at it's best in June when the waterfalls sound like thunder!

Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos! :cool1: Please post more soon. Yosemite is on my bucket list.....one of these days.

Thanks for posting! That place looks really beautiful! :)

Nice shots and thanks for sharing. I remember me and my family making the trek up to the Emerald Pool just above Vernal Falls. That had to be the longest 1.6 miles in the world!

Hey Danny my youngest girl found a "walking stick" for my wife and she used it to get to the top of the mist trail. My daughter insisted we take it home with us. It traveled down to DL and then all the way to the airport at the Southwest terminal. I asked the skycap gentleman if it was possible to check this as luggage and he said sure. It is now our favorite souvenir of the trip. Yosemite is gorgeous. We didn't make it to Emerald Pool. There were so many things we wanted to do but didn't quite get done. I would love to spend a week there.

Beautiful! I was hoping to get there this summer, but with the stupid economy, we're going to have to wait a bit longer. Glad you enjoyed yourselves!

nice, some place else i would like to go sometime.

Nice pics! Brings back good memories! We stayed at the Yosemite View Lodge in 2003 and we loved it there. Loved Yosemite too!!

Very nice Mike!! Looks like an awesome place to visit. Thanks for sharing!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for everyone's nice comments.

Here are a few of Mariposa Grove which is about an hour plus away from the valley floor but so well worth the drive.

IMG_2862-1.jpg

IMG_2867.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg

IMG_2886-1.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2913.jpg

Here's a little perspective

IMG_2923-1.jpg

As we were driving back to Yosemite valley we couldn't help but stop and watch the sunset over the valley floor. Very inspiring.
IMG_2945.jpg

Beeeyooooteeeeefulllll!!!! Y'stone is right behind WDW and DL for our "Dream Vacations" Did you stay at the Awahnee?

Also, hi from a fellow Kansas Citian! Olathe, actually but it counts!!

Thanks for sharing I haven't been to Yosemite National Park since I was in high school almost 30 years ago. I think it's time to plan a trip. Beautiful pictures! BTW hello from Washington State where we have Snoqualmie Falls, not nearly as big as the fall in Yosemite but beautiful as well.

Here are a few more random shots:
IMG_2609-1.jpg

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2858.jpg

River outside our hotel
IMG_2366-2.jpg

Near the Village Store
IMG_2537.jpg

My Lewis and Clark
IMG_2585.jpg

Beeeyooooteeeeefulllll!!!! Y'stone is right behind WDW and DL for our "Dream Vacations" Did you stay at the Awahnee?

Also, hi from a fellow Kansas Citian! Olathe, actually but it counts!!

No we actually stayed at the Yosemite View Lodge just outside of the park. It was like 5 minutes to the gate and about 15 minutes to the valley floor. It was an ideal location. It was simple and affordable.

IMG_2400-1.jpg

It is not in the same class as the Awahnee.

IMG_2567-1.jpg

Inside the lobby looking out into Yosemite

IMG_2573.jpg

Still a few more to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter