Yosemite National Park - Summer Vacation 2009

A few more shots...

IMG_2509-1.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2670.jpg

IMG_2711.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

IMG_2798.jpg

Giving this a bump because its so beautiful! And also wondering which hikes you did? I will have two 7 year olds with me when I go next month and I was wondering if you had any input on what was doable? They are fairly nimble but maybe a little soft. (We will be staying at Yosemite Lodge in the park.)

We did the mist trail. It is a moderate hike from what they consider but it can be tough. I was surprised how many people were walking along the edge of some parts where there was nothing but a long fall downwards. This hike is a gradual incline all the way up till you get to a bridge and then it is stairsteps that are fairly dangerous when the water is flowing. I personally had to stop every couple of hundred yards to catch by breath. I am in fairly decent shape, I thought.

Walking around the trails of Yosemite falls is very easy and enjoyable. We didn't walk the trails up the falls though.

Our kids' favorite part was finding their own trails. They would climb rocks, find hidden waterfalls, and explore. It was so enjoyable.

I will tell you a funny story and I hope I don't get in trouble for this. My wife hurt her back before the trip and was trying to take it easy. We were climbing the mist trail and she was struggling. My youngest daughter found a walking stick that had fallen and was in the brush along the way. She gave it to my wife to use and it helped her up and down the trail. My daughter wouldn't let go of the stick the rest of the trip. We took it in our car down to Disneyland for the rest of our vacation. I thought she would finally give up the notion of taking it back home to KC. Well the day finally came to fly home and we hit skycap on Southwest at LAX and asked if there was anyway we could check the walking stick. Mind you it is about 5-6 ft in length. He said sure. It is now on our mantle along with several pictures we blew up and has become our favorite souvenir.

Have a wonderful trip. It was gorgeous there.

We didn't get to mirror lake so I would be interested in hearing about that hike. We wanted to so badly though.

Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing. It looks like an awesome place.
Nice looking family also.:goodvibes

We didn't get to mirror lake so I would be interested in hearing about that hike. We wanted to so badly though.

The mirror lake hike is a pretty easy one and very different from the mist trail. It's a steady climb on a paved trail/road for most, if not all the way. Most of the year the "lake" is dry and I've never had the pleasure of seeing it with any water. I've heard that the spring and early summer is the time when it holds enough to be reflective. I've seen such beautiful pictures taken there and would love to visit during a time it is acting as a "mirror"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter