You Are Not The First To Pass This Way: 2nd Magic Baltic Cruise, 6/24/2010

mehaul, thanks for that interesting info. We were also on the 6/27/07 med cruise and loved it. I remember on July 4th 2007 getting champagne at dinner. That was a nice touch.

Remember, quality is more important than quantity. A smaller group of DIS cruisers will just add to the coziness of the whole thing.

One more tidbit - I found this on the city of Copenhagen's website
I think disney should petition the mayor to leave the staure where it is.

The symbol of Copenhagen The Little Mermaid is one of the biggest tourist attractions in Copenhagen, and for many visitors the symbol of Copenhagen and Denmark. 70 billion people are expected to visit the EXPO Shanghai from 1 May - 31 October 2010, and whether The Little Mermaid will be there for everyone to see is up to the City of Copenhagen. The city's lord mayor is positive about the idea of sending the famous lady on a seven-month holiday to China. While she is away, visitors to Copenhagen will be able to experience a Chinese reinterpretation of her at Langelinie.

We are currently booked on the July 18th sailing but there is a possibility that we may change to this date instead. We were on the August Panama Canal and had a great time. We will be 2 adults, DD15 at that time and DS 13 at that time

Jo

One more tidbit - I found this on the city of Copenhagen's website
I think disney should petition the mayor to leave the staure where it is.

The symbol of Copenhagen The Little Mermaid is one of the biggest tourist attractions in Copenhagen, and for many visitors the symbol of Copenhagen and Denmark. 70 billion people are expected to visit the EXPO Shanghai from 1 May - 31 October 2010, and whether The Little Mermaid will be there for everyone to see is up to the City of Copenhagen. The city's lord mayor is positive about the idea of sending the famous lady on a seven-month holiday to China. While she is away, visitors to Copenhagen will be able to experience a Chinese reinterpretation of her at Langelinie.

Well maybe they could get them to put Mulan there for awhile.

I was on the Dangerfield cruise too...in fact I made the Rodney tee shirt. I don't remember seeing any characters at all on July 4th. I was down in Diversions watching the hot dog contest I think. :confused:

I was on the Dangerfield cruise too...in fact I made the Rodney tee shirt. I don't remember seeing any characters at all on July 4th. I was down in Diversions watching the hot dog contest I think. :confused:

I don't remember seeing any characters on July 4th either. But I was in Diversions watching the pubmaster taking video of the hot dog contest.

He was quite a character, though.

I just reviewed my pics from the cruise. On July 4th they had the Pirate Party, the next day -July 5th - is when the characters wore Independence Day outfits.

Isn't July 4t an at sea day on our cruise? I gotta believe they will do something for the holiday!

Yup, the 4th is a sea day. I'm sure they will have something planned, but I guess there won't be any fireworks.

And I get to celebrate my birthday in Estonia. During the med cruise I got to celebrate in Rome. How exciting is that?

I posted a question about a week ago regarding Fireworks, as it sealed the deal on me asking for a starboard stateroom, even though as I look at the cruise map, it's looks as if port side will have slightly better views of the landscape. According to Andrew DEREK there are fireworks on European cruises and sometimes multiple nights as it is customary to shoot them off the first night a port is docked in. Since this is the first Estonia cruise, maybe we will see them twice or even three times (Pirate night, Estonia and Independence Day). It will be interesting to find out.

The Med cruise had fireworks the night of July 4th, but it also was the night of the Pirate Party. That was the day the boat was at Marseille. Which interesting enough they have elimated this port from the 2010 Med cruises.

As far as fireworks for new ports, I recall there were spectactular fireworks when the Magic arrived at Barcelona from its TA voyage, but I don't recall other special fireworks at other ports. I'm not sure, but I thought the city of Barcelona sponsored those fireworks and not Disney.

It actually makes sense that Barcelona sponsored them because as I look a the photo, it looks as if those fireworks are on the port side of the ship and I believe that DCL fires from starboard.

What, nobody likes this date? No love for Estonia? what?

Here's some photos of Tallinn...maybe that'll help.

626851-Tallinn-Estonia-0.jpg

tallinn-ap-1.jpg

estonia-tallinn.jpg

It's been checked...Estonia does produce cheese. (Must go where there's cheese.)

My friend thought the 6/12 would be less crowded...hm, maybe not the case...:cool1:

Very nice photos, thanks for sharing

Anyone that is traveling with children, how old will they be during this time?

At the time of the cruise my kids will be 22, 17, 14.

TDC, I love those pics you posted of Tallin. What a quaint city.

We are potentially in for this cruise. It's still a big maybe for us though, because of the money. When the cruises were first announced, I was like NO WAY!!!! But it's Disney, and we LOVE Disney, so eventually we decided to try for it. We did the June 16th 11 night Med Cruise in 2007 and it was truly amazing. When we heard Disney was going back to Europe, we knew we had to at least try! We're working on how we're going to save the money. :scratchin

It would be myself, my mother, and my sisters. I will be 24 at the time of the cruise, and my sisters will be 19 and 26. My real name is Lauren, but everyone on these boards calls me PJ, so I answer to either! I am a second and third grade teacher (combined classroom) in Louisville, Kentucky. It's a thankless job with long hours, but I love every minute of it!

Little sister is a senior in high school and lives in Cincinnati, Ohio with my mom and dad. No one really knows what's up ahead for her! Older sister lives in Orlando and works for Disney in entertainment. Mom is a nurse.

That's us a in nutshell! I have been reading a lot about the ports. I think that will be so great to get to stay overnight in St. Petersburg! :banana:

Welcome Lauren
We are still up in the air too both about actually going and which date to choose. It is a toss up between this one and the one on July 18th

Me, DH, DD15, DS13 (ages at the time of the cruise)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter