You Just Can't Say No to Free Dining and $140 Airfare!

kaetra

Magic is Real
I really wanted to finagle another trip to Disney World around my birthday in April, but while browsing it out I realized the prices were a bit high and it would be difficult to justify financially. So I left it, and decided to revisit the idea another time. After all we JUST got BACK from WDW less than 1 month ago. I had time, there's no rush.

So the next day there I am, minding my own business, when what's this I see? An ad for Free Dining?! And what dates do they have? Oh, my goodness is that February?! My favorite time to leave the frozen midwest for the glory of Florida, yes!? Yes! The resort prices are awesome, too too good to pass up! I start getting all giddy inside. But wait..... oh dang it. Look at those airfares. Way too much. Can't do it. "Honey," I say to husband "these WDW prices are really awesome with this Free Dining deal, it's too bad the airfare everywhere is so stinking high during those dates." *big sigh*

Hubby says "Well thank goodness for that. What on earth are you even doing looking at that?! I can't BELIEVE you want to go back so soon! Isn't this Disney World obsession of yours getting a little out of hand?"

Then - Not even ONE hour later, ONE HOUR, I hear him holler loudly out to me from his office, "Hey, babe! Did you see this sale on Southwest's site? Wow, these are really good prices! Looks like they have Orlando during the dates you wanted too, but there's no way we're going. No way, don't even think about it! And that's final!"

Now tell me he doesn't secretly want to go to WDW as BAD as I do, but he just can't ADMIT it!

10 minutes later, I've booked the flights. He grumbles in protest, raises his hands in the air in a gesture of defeat, scowls, looks at me all hard and says "Woman... you are crazy." He pauses, sighs deeply and then says all chipper-ish "Oh, you should book Les Chefs for Valentines Day."

What a stinker!

I really couldn't help it though. When else do you get to go to WDW for 6 glorious days for $1,400? Including all your food and airfare? I tell you, I'd be crazy NOT to go for that deal!

This will be our 3rd trip in 13 months. Therefore, I decided this trip I'm going to not make crazy levels of planning. I'm keeping all my planning documentation to 1 page, yes that's right - 1 page!

Go me.

I've only planned what parks we're going to on which days (no park-hopper for this budget-minded trip) and I only did that so I could make my ADR's.

So the No-Plan Plan is strictly:
  1. The Day
  2. The Park
  3. The ADR

Oh, and one more plan - RELAX this time and Just Say No to The Commando Tactic

I've already made my ADR's. So now, just sit back and countdown! Will the crazy planning lady actually be able to do it?

Hmmm.....And that suitcase I haven't unpacked from our last trip yet is just gonna go ahead and stay packed! (Ha! Just Kidding! But, I guess I should get around to unpacking it one of these days!)

AND of course there's the Trip Report for our September 2010 Trip to do....
September 2010 Kythe, Brad and Traci
DisneySeptemberFamily.jpg

We go in late Feb.. Leave us some food! Congrats on managing to get trip #3 inside of a year!

26 days to go! In 16 days I'll be able to get a tentative weather forcast for our first day of the trip. I've been watching the temps in Florida since January 1st, trying to predict what kind of weather we'll get in February!

Last year our January trip the weather was really nice, and I don't at all mind putting on a sweatshirt in the evenings or even stretchy gloves. I absolutely HATE hot/humid weather! Our September trip weather was a deal-breaker for me, never again.

I actually have managed to avoid over-planning! And the stress level is so much lower for this trip than it has been for any other trip ever. I have all my ADRs and I'm set.

Since we will be there on and around Valentines day I am planning on taking some small V-day decorations for our room and of course a heart-shaped box of chocolates. I also ordered a Mickey & Minnie Valentine tote bag to use at the parks. I'm a Lover! I just love Love. :)
vbag.jpg

I am more excited than anyone in my family. I think doing 3 trips so close together may have reduced the magic for them.

DH has been mentioning the new Disney Dream cruise ship quite a bit lately, so I've been looking into that. I'm a bit concerned that I'll be bored and that DD will want to do the clubs all the time and we won't get as much time together as a family as we do in the parks. I dunno, I've always wanted to do a cruise since Disney came out with "The Big Red Boat", but now that I've been looking into what it's all about I just don't know if it's for me. (The Med cruise looks wonderful, but it's way out of our financial comfort zone!)

Back to Dreaming!

Following along jealous!!! :eek: Three times in one year!! I only hope my DH likes it enough to go back again!!!

Jumping on board. We will be at CSR around the same time you will be at the world, so it will be interesting to see if we have any crossover in plans

Hoping for good weather!

Jumping on board. We will be at CSR around the same time you will be at the world, so it will be interesting to see if we have any crossover in plans

Hoping for good weather!

I really hope so too! Have you seen the weather in FL so far in 2011? They've had tons of 70's days, even mid-70's and a few high 60's and just a couple cold days. If February measures up similar I think it will be perfect, perfect! :thumbsup2 -
http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/USFL0615?role=

Here is our schedule -

• Thu Feb 10th - Arrive at MCO at 10:10pm, check into Marriot
  • Fri Feb 11th - Check in at POP - Epcot by 11am, ADR at Chefs de France 6:30pm
  • Sat Feb 12th - MK by rope drop!, ADR at Chef Mickey's 6:45pm
  • Sun Feb 13th - MK, ADR at Crystal Palace 9:15am
  • Mon Feb 14th - Animal Kingdom by rope drop!, ADR at Tusker House 1:35pm
  • Tue Feb 15th - Epcot by 8am EMH, 3pm back to POP for ME :(

The ONLY other thing I've planned is doing some small Valentine decorations on our room's window, and taking a big heart shaped box of chocolates for our room. That's it!

WOW you can't beat that at all!! Looking forward to reading more about your trip and of course pictures :)

Here is our schedule -

• Thu Feb 10th - Arrive at MCO at 10:10pm, check into Marriot
  • Fri Feb 11th - Check in at POP - Epcot by 11am, ADR at Chefs de France 6:30pm
  • Sat Feb 12th - MK by rope drop!, ADR at Chef Mickey's 6:45pm
  • Sun Feb 13th - MK, ADR at Crystal Palace 9:15am
  • Mon Feb 14th - Animal Kingdom by rope drop!, ADR at Tusker House 1:35pm
  • Tue Feb 15th - Epcot by 8am EMH, 3pm back to POP for ME :(

The ONLY other thing I've planned is doing some small Valentine decorations on our room's window, and taking a big heart shaped box of chocolates for our room. That's it!

Hey there! Your reservation at Le Chef's is the same time our reservation is that day at the Bistro upstairs! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter