Your Favorite Photograph that YOU have taken on Disney Grounds

mjallemand

Est. 1985
Was looking through my iPhoto album from our last trip in 2010 to find a new avatar, and I came across the following photo:

x1hUa.jpg

I think it's my favorite photograph from our previous trip, even though the framing of it was a bit accidental. I just decided to snap a shot while my sister was looking at Exhibits in the One Man's Dream attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios, and it came out great.

So what's your favorite shot that you've taken on Disney grounds? (Parks, resorts, whatever.)

Wow. Tough to pick just one.

From our last trip, I really enjoyed shooting dd's pirate empress makeover at the Pirate's League. The lighting in there was pretty, a soft glow...

20120129-DSC_9197 by nicole_lynn_, on Flickr

20120129-DSC_9210 by nicole_lynn_, on Flickr

There are other favorites from the trip though, too... roasting marshmallows at the resort... curled up in the suitcase with her Minnie ears... all my favorites have dd in them, though. The scenic ones just never compare. ;) :goodvibes

Of the 10,000+ images that I have taken at WDW I could not pick out a favorite. I can select one of the most satisfying because of the difficulty (at least for me) of the shot. Peter Pan had been mocking me for years. I actually purchased a new camera body and lens so I would have a better chance of getting usable images from the "dark" rides. Here's my "Holy Grail" shot.

PP Mermaid by Gianna'sPapa, on Flickr

LOL Gianna'sPapa.... I totally get your drive to get the best dark rides. It's a fun challenge, much like my son trying to conquer the next level on a video game. Peter pan still mocks me. I don't think I'll have success there until I jump into manual focus, which I'm hesitant to do. I just need to practice before my next trip I guess.

My favorite picture came with an older model Rebel and one of those all in one zooms, so not even the nice glass I now use. And I shot it on program mode, without knowing what the heck I was doing. But I did know it was a glorious moment that I wanted to try and capture. I've gotten better technical shots since then, but I still go back to this as my favorite. Maybe because it's a shot that's no longer possible. I still remember seeing it on the review screen soon after and being very excited.

Dumbo DELIGHT! by mom2rtk, on Flickr

LOL Gianna'sPapa.... I totally get your drive to get the best dark rides. It's a fun challenge, much like my son trying to conquer the next level on a video game. Peter pan still mocks me. I don't think I'll have success there until I jump into manual focus, which I'm hesitant to do. I just need to practice before my next trip I guess.

My favorite picture came with an older model Rebel and one of those all in one zooms, so not even the nice glass I now use. And I shot it on program mode, without knowing what the heck I was doing. But I did know it was a glorious moment that I wanted to try and capture. I've gotten better technical shots since then, but I still go back to this as my favorite. Maybe because it's a shot that's no longer possible. I still remember seeing it on the review screen soon after and being very excited.

I love those "never to be gotten again" shots! I will miss it. Hopefully, we will be able to see new shots like this with the new location. Peter Pan was the very first ride I ever rode at Disneyland in 1958. It was the first ride I took my kids on at WDW in 1987 and the first for my granddaughter in 2004! There was no way with any of my old equipment to get that shot. My max ISO was 1600 and this took 12,800 with an aperture of 1.4. Equipment sometimes makes a difference!!

Great Photo!! It really captures the moment.

:goodvibes

Wow, that's really hard. I don't think I could pick just one as my favorite. In addition, my top photos seem to change day to day.

Here are my tops today:

p556623894-4.jpg

p777156935-4.jpg

p675960821-4.jpg

p103512997-4.jpg

p479603622-4.jpg

I love those "never to be gotten again" shots! I will miss it. Hopefully, we will be able to see new shots like this with the new location. Peter Pan was the very first ride I ever rode at Disneyland in 1958. It was the first ride I took my kids on at WDW in 1987 and the first for my granddaughter in 2004! There was no way with any of my old equipment to get that shot. My max ISO was 1600 and this took 12,800 with an aperture of 1.4. Equipment sometimes makes a difference!!

I haven't been a huge fan about Dumbo moving because I like the view of the castle so much. But now that it's open (partially) I'm really excited to see what new photo ops there might be, especially with newer equipment!

Great Photo!! It really captures the moment.

Thank you! :goodvibes The funny part is that I was disappointed to be standing on the loading platform. I was trying to be ON the ride during Wishes, but just missed. Now I'm glad we just missed.

While not technically on Disney grounds, this is by far my favorite Disney shot from 2011. I originally set out with the intent to shoot bracketed shots for an HDR, but once I sat down at the computer and processed the HDR I was unhappy. Luck would have it I had this all along.

A Magical Key West Night by Scott Sanders [ssanders79], on Flickr

My wife liked this one so much we had it printed 20x16 and hung it in our bedroom.
Follow the Pelican by Scott Sanders [ssanders79], on Flickr

My favorite in park photo is a schilloute of Walt from the Partners Statue.
Walter Elias Disney by Scott Sanders [ssanders79], on Flickr

As other photographers have said in the past, picking a favorite photo is like picking a favorite child. I have plenty that I like for different reasons, but I'm going to share this one. It's not a subject that many other photographers shoot.

Tusker House by wbeem, on Flickr

Oh, these are some amazing images! Thank you for sharing everyone!

I'll have to dig through and see what I have from my last trip. I didn't take too many spectacular shots, and kept my camera on auto most of the trip, so it might be pretty easy to choose ;)

Wow. This BLOWS. MY. MIND. This is amazing!:worship:
Thanks! Honestly, it kinda blows my mind, too. Anytime you can capture "God rays" (the proper term is "crepuscular rays," because they are most often seen near sunset or sunrise — "crepuscular" meaning something associated with or active around twilight), you've seriously elevated your chances at a great photo. I was ecstatic when I saw this scene coming together.

SSB

I've only been to WDW once, so I only have about 1,000 photos to choose from :laughing:

This isn't a technically perfect shot, but it is SOOC and it just sums up "Disney" to me. And it was such a random capture. We were walking through AK and I turned around to take a picture of some scenery and my son was standing there, right in my line of sight, and I snapped a quick picture and this is what I got.

First day in The World by amanda.leggett, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter