Your Favorite Recipes

christiemarsh88

CP--Fall 2009 Merchandise
So, I'm sure like many of you, this whole "cooking" thing is one of the things I'm worrying most about. Up until this point, I've managed to largely avoid learning. But I know I'm going to want to make some tasty dinners while I'm in Florida. So lately I've been watching a lot of Food Network, finding lots of new recipes and practicing, practicing, practicing!

So I wanted to start this thread for us to share our favorite recipes. "What makes a great recipe?" you might ask. Well, in my opinion, there are four aspects to a great recipe:

1. Quick to make
2. Very few ingredients/tools needed
3. Cheap!
4. Tasty!

If a recipe meets all of these requirements, then, congratulations! It is definitely a winner. And if it is really good reheated, then you get bonus points!

So, to get the ball rolling, here's one of my favorites:

Easy Chicken Cacciatore

Ingredients:
1 jar Prego "Chunky Garden: Mushroom and Green Pepper" sauce
1/2-2 lbs chicken breasts
1 small/medium green pepper, chopped
1 bag egg noodles

Preheat oven to 340.

Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Combine chicken, green pepper, and Prego in large baking dish.

Bake 45 minutes. Cook egg noodles. Combine noodles and baked sauce, and serve!

Feeds 6-8 people, depending on how hungry they are. :)

Anyone else willing to share their cooking secrets?

Here is my most favorite recipe...

Kraft's Mac and Cheese with chicken!

Ingredients

1 breast of boneless chicken
oil
salt and pepper
2 cups of water
pot and pan
tablespoon of butter
1/3 cup of milk
box of kraft mac- and cheese

Directions

1- Pour water in pot. Turn heat on high.
2-When water is boiling, dump the pasta in and sprinkle some salt and pepper on it and reduce heat to medium.
3-While that is cooking, pour some oil into a pan and put heat on medium-high.
4-While oil is heating up, cut chicken into small pieces and season it with salt and pepper and any other seasoning you like.
5.Cook chicken in oil. Stir pasta while chicken is cooking.
6. When the chicken is fully cooked, take it out.
7. After pasta is cooked, drain the water and mix the butter, milk and cheese in pasta.
8. Serve on plate with chicken on side or mixed in with pasta.
9. Enjoy your meal!

I can make anything (yes, even the most complicated meals), but this is my most favorite and easiest meal to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter