Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

I am so glad to see you started your TR!!! Our trips overlapped! We came home on the 23rd. Boy were the crowds growing. I can only imagine how they were by Christmas morning. BLT was beautiful. Did you have a Theme Park view? We took a tree and decorated it while we were there. It was so much fun! I can't wait to read all about your trip. Excited I am.

**Edit**
I forgot to mention how good it is to see that you are following your heart in college. I always knew I wanted to be an engineer ever since I was a youngin'. Like you, I too love Disney and wanted to intern there during college. For various reasons I didn't and it is one of my biggest regrets to date. I did, however, work at the local Disney store and LOVED it!! I am still applying to be an imagineer. Maybe one day they'll feel sorry for me after seeing all my resumes and just give me a job! One can dream, can't they??

First of all, your Mickey top is fabulous! It's from Forever21, right? I love that they carry Disney stuff.

OPEN UP YOUR HEART AND LET THE MEMORIES BEGIN!

There is a "mermaid camp" near Tampa! WeekiWachee! I've never actually been, but it's relatively close to where my grandma lives.

Driving onto Disney property is the best. It's the perfect combination of joy, relief, and knowing that there's an incredible amount of fun just waiting to be had. :cloud9:

Can't wait for more!

YAY! Another trip report!:banana:

Sorry college got off to such a rough start, but it sounds like you made a great choice! I wish you the best in starting at your new one. :goodvibes

Even though the frumps are lots of fun, I love reading about your trips with your Mom! Tell her some stranger on the DIS said she's a great Mom and I hope my kids and I keep having as much fun at Disney as you and your Mom do. :cloud9:

Oh, and FWIW, even though I know you love Jasmine, you have such a radiant smile that I think you'd make a great Snow White. And, I can totally see Kristen skipping around like Alice. :thumbsup2

OMG, I just found this out! I'm so excited, your enthusiasm truly is contagious, even through a computer screen!

Even though you didn't get the job, I'm sure it was quite the experience to do an audition. Looking forward to reading about that part.

And really, bringing you car on the plane? Hope it didn't meow the whole time. i know mine would have!

DISNEY DISNEY DISNEY DISNEY!!!! AHHHHH!!!!! OMG what the heck am I doing in my room and not IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MAGIC?!?!?!

Omg. The Magic, the Memories, and You NEVER FAILS to make me just CRY. Like typing this right now I'm in tears. Help?

JET BLUE!!!!! Hahaha um... mermaid camp? Such a thing exists? My mind is blown. Would Eric be there? Wait, nevermind. My mind just always immediately goes to Disney.

Sweet ride. :cool2:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh gosh I love Disney. I need to just move there. I don't even care what my job is. In the future, when we both work there, we're gonna be friends, okay? :thumbsup2

YAYYYYYY the TR is underway!

I agree that the more Disney you experience, the worse the obsession gets. I imagine it's how drug addicts feel. The more you get, the more you need! I WANT TO GO BACK NOW!! The longest I've gone to WDW for is 10 days, my dream is to go for 2 full weeks, but I'm afraid if we did that I just wouldn't be able to leave.

OMG I love the Disney first-timers or people who hardly come. It's so funny when they ask about something I'm obsessed with so casually, having no idea their lives are about to change. Like, "Have you ever been to that place where you eat in cars?" and I'm like, "KSDJFSLJFAIOSDJDKKJ YES I HAVE BEEN TO THE SCI-FI DINE-IN THEATRE, ONLY LIKE 500 TIMES."

Yay! Yall made it to Disney World! :banana:

I love the big Christmas tree at the airport! :santa:

Driving under the arches is seriously one of the best feelings in the entire world. SO EXCITING! :goodvibes And just like you said, it doesn't matter how many times you have been, the obsession just grows and it never gets old. I seriously think it just makes it THAT much better.

Subscribed! Wow, there's so much going on--good thing you ended up with an extra long break to recover. Hope everything is working out exactly as planned. As the mom of a 15 year old girl, it's so great to see how much you appreciate your mom, hope your mom reads your trip reports.

Seriously! There is no way I would have been able to figure out my life if I had any less time. :laughing: And aww thanks! She does sometimes but doesn't totally understand disboards. But she loves that I write them!

I am so glad to see you started your TR!!! Our trips overlapped! We came home on the 23rd. Boy were the crowds growing. I can only imagine how they were by Christmas morning. BLT was beautiful. Did you have a Theme Park view? We took a tree and decorated it while we were there. It was so much fun! I can't wait to read all about your trip. Excited I am.

**Edit**
I forgot to mention how good it is to see that you are following your heart in college. I always knew I wanted to be an engineer ever since I was a youngin'. Like you, I too love Disney and wanted to intern there during college. For various reasons I didn't and it is one of my biggest regrets to date. I did, however, work at the local Disney store and LOVED it!! I am still applying to be an imagineer. Maybe one day they'll feel sorry for me after seeing all my resumes and just give me a job! One can dream, can't they??

Thanks for being here! Ahh did they really? Yeah like my first day on the 22nd there was NOBODY there. And then the 23rd wasn't too bad, and then it got CRAZY. I was just laughing at how crowded it was. Pure insanity!
Aww you stayed there too? Yes, we had theme park view! I thought it would be necessary for this trip just so we could see the fireworks from our room and avoid the crowds lol.
That's super cute that you got a tree! I hung up some Christmas lights! That was fun.

Aww thank you! And oh my gosh.. keep trying!! Don't let your dream die! And working at a Disney store is apparently REALLY good. They like to see that. If the whole Imagineering thing doesn't work out you could always eventually get a little job in Disney just to work there - they wouldn't have a problem giving it to you because of your Disney Store experience! I hope that all works out for you! Don't give up!

First of all, your Mickey top is fabulous! It's from Forever21, right? I love that they carry Disney stuff.

OPEN UP YOUR HEART AND LET THE MEMORIES BEGIN!

There is a "mermaid camp" near Tampa! WeekiWachee! I've never actually been, but it's relatively close to where my grandma lives.

Driving onto Disney property is the best. It's the perfect combination of joy, relief, and knowing that there's an incredible amount of fun just waiting to be had. :cloud9:

Can't wait for more!

Thank you! And correct, it is from Forever 21! I got it in August!
God, I love that song.
Thanks for that website! LOL it's a very... unique concept. That lady was like obsessed with mermaids. Like... me with Disney obsessed. So that's probably her happiest place on earth haha
I 100% completely agree! Yay for the beginning of Disney!

I love WDW at Christmas time. So I can't wait to hear about your trip.

Aww yay! I can't wait to tell about it!

YAY! Another trip report!:banana:

Sorry college got off to such a rough start, but it sounds like you made a great choice! I wish you the best in starting at your new one. :goodvibes

Even though the frumps are lots of fun, I love reading about your trips with your Mom! Tell her some stranger on the DIS said she's a great Mom and I hope my kids and I keep having as much fun at Disney as you and your Mom do. :cloud9:

Oh, and FWIW, even though I know you love Jasmine, you have such a radiant smile that I think you'd make a great Snow White. And, I can totally see Kristen skipping around like Alice. :thumbsup2

Thank you! I hope it all goes well. Thank you for the good wishes!
Aww thank you! I'm so glad! I definitely will tell her she has some fans on the DIS :laughing: And I'm sure your kids will!
Aww thank you! That's really nice haha

OMG, I just found this out! I'm so excited, your enthusiasm truly is contagious, even through a computer screen!

Even though you didn't get the job, I'm sure it was quite the experience to do an audition. Looking forward to reading about that part.

And really, bringing you car on the plane? Hope it didn't meow the whole time. i know mine would have!

Aww thank you! That's great to hear!
It was a really cool experience! I am glad I did it!
I wasn't sitting near the cat on the plane, but I'm sure it did. :rotfl: MEOW.

DISNEY DISNEY DISNEY DISNEY!!!! AHHHHH!!!!! OMG what the heck am I doing in my room and not IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MAGIC?!?!?!

Omg. The Magic, the Memories, and You NEVER FAILS to make me just CRY. Like typing this right now I'm in tears. Help?

JET BLUE!!!!! Hahaha um... mermaid camp? Such a thing exists? My mind is blown. Would Eric be there? Wait, nevermind. My mind just always immediately goes to Disney.

Sweet ride. :cool2:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh gosh I love Disney. I need to just move there. I don't even care what my job is. In the future, when we both work there, we're gonna be friends, okay? :thumbsup2

I ask myself that question every day LOL.
That show is somethin'. They just made it perfect.
Yeah apparently! I know, I'm too obsessed with Disney to want to go anywhere else haha.
So do I!! I need to work there or I'm going to be unhappy in life. No big deal. And yes absolutely!

YAYYYYYY the TR is underway!

I agree that the more Disney you experience, the worse the obsession gets. I imagine it's how drug addicts feel. The more you get, the more you need! I WANT TO GO BACK NOW!! The longest I've gone to WDW for is 10 days, my dream is to go for 2 full weeks, but I'm afraid if we did that I just wouldn't be able to leave.

OMG I love the Disney first-timers or people who hardly come. It's so funny when they ask about something I'm obsessed with so casually, having no idea their lives are about to change. Like, "Have you ever been to that place where you eat in cars?" and I'm like, "KSDJFSLJFAIOSDJDKKJ YES I HAVE BEEN TO THE SCI-FI DINE-IN THEATRE, ONLY LIKE 500 TIMES."

YAY!
Oh my gosh I say that all the time. Disney is my drug!! Like legitimately it is. It's probably healthier than all other drugs.. (probably a little more expensive but you know) but it's totally fine! It's the best.
Yeah I went for 12 or 13 days this past trip... and then on top of the December trip at the beginning of the month.. I just don't know what I have to live for now that they're over. :rotfl:
Oh me too. I try not to scare them, but I get a little excited. They're secretly jealous of our lifestyle... no big deal.

Yay! Yall made it to Disney World! :banana:

I love the big Christmas tree at the airport! :santa:

Driving under the arches is seriously one of the best feelings in the entire world. SO EXCITING! :goodvibes And just like you said, it doesn't matter how many times you have been, the obsession just grows and it never gets old. I seriously think it just makes it THAT much better.

Hooray!
So do I! I was so happy when I saw it!
It really is. And yes, it really does! The experience and memories build up and I really just can't get enough. It's about time that I work there and never have to leave. :laughing:

Great update! I love your Disney clothes; you always have such cute items! I've been having trouble finding the Forever 21 Disney sweatshirts...I have the Alice in Wonderland one but can't seem to find Aladdin, Cinderella, Little Mermaid or any others.

I know I have heard about the Mermaid place...I think the Amazing Race went there one season. I remember thinking it looked pretty cool! And yay to helping Disney newbies! :) Gotta spread the knowledge and love of all things Mickey!

Jess, I am absolutely IN LOVE with the way you write your TR's!!! You make me fall in love with Disney more and more with each one (which I thought I was at MAXIMUM CAPACITY already...turns out I wasn't). I'm chomping at the BIT to hear your take on the Disney auditioning process. It's something I've always toyed around with the idea of, but I've never just gone out there and done it. I'm beginning to feel like I need to LIVE a little...go for those dreams, even if I don't "succeed". I'm so happy to hear that you feel you're finally on your way to finding your niche with your new school and degree. I'm a vocal performance major myself, so I have a bit of a special understanding for the demands that the performing arts can have. I think we should all stick together because we are nearly all kindred spirits with our crazy devotion to putting on a good show!

Anyways...I just wanted to let you know that I am one of your many adoring fans! ;) I think we should all take a collection to establish a "Send Jess to Disney" fund so that we will ALWAYS have new TR's to read. hahahahaha

Hahaha, I always stop at Tim Hortons before we leave for Florida too. I figure, since I'm going to have to go without for the week, I might as well get my Ice Capp fix while I still can.

You look SO CUTE in your Little Mermaid sweater! I got the Snow White one for Christmas because she's my favourite, I can't wait to wear it to the parks.

I'm so excited to hear the rest of your TR! Your enthusiasm is SUPER contagious.

Thats such an awesome picture of the sign! I have yet to even get a good one, though that may just be as I'm always on the bus, and have a little point & shoot. I definitely would've taken just as many road pic signs! :laughing:

So joining this trip report!

As for the getting up early for Disney. I think it has that effect on you. I was able to get up at 6am every morning in Florida no probs but here I'm dragging myself out of bed and not wanting to move! :lmao:

You think waking up at 4 am is bad, I had to get up at 2 am for my past trip:laughing: Wish I could say it was worth it for WDW but it kind of wasn't. We got to our hotel at noon and it felt like it was 5 pm already, I was shot for the afternoon:headache: Oh well, I guess if I was going to be shot for an afternoon Im happy it was in WDW

Can't wait for more:goodvibes

SUPER excited for this TR. I loved all your other ones and I'm sure that this one is going to be just as, if not more, fabulous :earboy2:

YAY! You've started! :hyper: Great start btw

Oh my gosh, it still amazes me how Disney manages to awake me at the craziest times ever. The earliest I've gotten up was 3:00 IN THE MORNING! Even more ridiculous. I'm the unusual morning person, but that's extreme... unless it's another great occasion liiikkkkeeee Christmas. Okay, before I go off on ridiculous tangents let's move on shall we...

:thumbsup2 to listening to Disney Music in the car! That's a total must-do when it comes to Disney. So glad I have so many Disney loops and such saved on my laptop so when I prepare for another trip I won't be having another regret about missing my pre-Disney fix ::yes:: And I totally agree with what you say about Disney. I just fall more and more in love with the place every trip. I think it's the fact you always discover something new when you're there either because they added it or you never noticed it before. Awww... gotta love Disney :)

LOL @ your little random note(s). It's nice to have those though when you get back and need to find your car. But who cares what you write you are going to Disney! And that's so funny at what happened in security. Taking a cat to Orlando... I wonder where those people were going lol And that's so cool how you got to talk with some newbies. So jealous they got to stay at Wilderness Lodge, I REALLY want to stay there :goodvibes Glad to hear they were studying though :thumbsup2

YAY You're off! Great picture of you on the plane with your Pink Mickey Ears, no wonder it is your twitter pic. :thumbsup2 to extra leg room, always nice :-) And Mermaid camp? ... okay... cute, but Disney forever, of course... I hope lol

Woot, getting so very close now to those heavenly gates... The Airport Christmas tree looks so pretty! :) All those decorations look great and darn you fake monorail for psyching me out! I want me some REAL monorail :teeth: But I gotta give you HUGE credit for renting a car, I mean... it is more convenient not having to wait for buses and such, but THE MOVIE... but at least you got a nice car. I'm pretty sure they drew you in with the fountain though ;)

Those are some awesome pictures of the signs along the way to Disney. I usually get a few of them but I don't think I've gotten so many pictures. That's awesome how you found a "Welcome Home" banner on the side of the road. It just has so much more meaning down there then up here ::yes:: And I love the pictures you got of the amazing Gates of Heaven. You always get so many :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Great update! I love your Disney clothes; you always have such cute items! I've been having trouble finding the Forever 21 Disney sweatshirts...I have the Alice in Wonderland one but can't seem to find Aladdin, Cinderella, Little Mermaid or any others.

I know I have heard about the Mermaid place...I think the Amazing Race went there one season. I remember thinking it looked pretty cool! And yay to helping Disney newbies! :) Gotta spread the knowledge and love of all things Mickey!

Thank you! And thanks! :) I love my Disney clothes too haha. Yeah, I don't think they make the Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, or Lion King ones anymore. I better grab those new ones before they get rid of them too!
Ah really? That's cool! And yes, I always love doing that!

Jess, I am absolutely IN LOVE with the way you write your TR's!!! You make me fall in love with Disney more and more with each one (which I thought I was at MAXIMUM CAPACITY already...turns out I wasn't). I'm chomping at the BIT to hear your take on the Disney auditioning process. It's something I've always toyed around with the idea of, but I've never just gone out there and done it. I'm beginning to feel like I need to LIVE a little...go for those dreams, even if I don't "succeed". I'm so happy to hear that you feel you're finally on your way to finding your niche with your new school and degree. I'm a vocal performance major myself, so I have a bit of a special understanding for the demands that the performing arts can have. I think we should all stick together because we are nearly all kindred spirits with our crazy devotion to putting on a good show!

Anyways...I just wanted to let you know that I am one of your many adoring fans! ;) I think we should all take a collection to establish a "Send Jess to Disney" fund so that we will ALWAYS have new TR's to read. hahahahaha

Aww thank you so much for the kind words! That's so great to hear!
Honestly, you should just do it! I mean, I didn't get past the initial round, but the experience was so worth taking the trip. You have nothing to lose so giving it a shot only increases your knowledge and experience! So why not? :) They have auditions all of the time so just check the website and hopefully you can try someday!
And thank you! Yes, vocal performance and theatre are in that same performing area. It's gonna be tough sometimes but I know it's gonna be fun! People who go into this kind of stuff definitely have a passion for it - which is great! I hope everything goes well for you!

Aww thank you! And HAHA I would love that. If only. :rotfl: Kristen and I were literally thinking of ways to try and raise money so we could go to Disney this summer. We will see, we will see.

Hahaha, I always stop at Tim Hortons before we leave for Florida too. I figure, since I'm going to have to go without for the week, I might as well get my Ice Capp fix while I still can.

You look SO CUTE in your Little Mermaid sweater! I got the Snow White one for Christmas because she's my favourite, I can't wait to wear it to the parks.

I'm so excited to hear the rest of your TR! Your enthusiasm is SUPER contagious.

It's the place to go! Haha ;)
Aww thank you! The Snow White one is cute too, but I actually don't have that one! I bet it looks adorable on you!
Thank you! And oh yay that's so great to hear! I'm glad you're enjoying!

Thats such an awesome picture of the sign! I have yet to even get a good one, though that may just be as I'm always on the bus, and have a little point & shoot. I definitely would've taken just as many road pic signs! :laughing:

Thank you! I try. I had to crop it a little bit but it looks pretty good I think! And oh yeah, I just couldn't resist! DISNEY SIGNS YAY!

So joining this trip report!

As for the getting up early for Disney. I think it has that effect on you. I was able to get up at 6am every morning in Florida no probs but here I'm dragging myself out of bed and not wanting to move! :lmao:

Yay I'm glad you're here!
Seriously, right!? Ugh waking up at 9 am is a chore when I'm at home. In Disney, 9 am is sleeping in WAYY too late. That's just the way the world works, I suppose!

You think waking up at 4 am is bad, I had to get up at 2 am for my past trip:laughing: Wish I could say it was worth it for WDW but it kind of wasn't. We got to our hotel at noon and it felt like it was 5 pm already, I was shot for the afternoon:headache: Oh well, I guess if I was going to be shot for an afternoon Im happy it was in WDW

Can't wait for more:goodvibes

Oh my gosh that's SO early. I don't think I would have ever fallen asleep! And I can imagine how tired you would be. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth getting up, but like you said, I'd rather be in Disney than at home sleeping anyway!
Thank you!

You were there the same time I was, at least your first mini-trip :) It was perfect then!:wizard:

Oh yay! Yes, it was absolutely wonderful!

SUPER excited for this TR. I loved all your other ones and I'm sure that this one is going to be just as, if not more, fabulous :earboy2:

I'm so glad! Thank you for reading again!

YAY! You've started! :hyper: Great start btw

Oh thank you!

Oh my gosh, it still amazes me how Disney manages to awake me at the craziest times ever. The earliest I've gotten up was 3:00 IN THE MORNING! Even more ridiculous. I'm the unusual morning person, but that's extreme... unless it's another great occasion liiikkkkeeee Christmas. Okay, before I go off on ridiculous tangents let's move on shall we...

I know, right!? Disney has crazy effects on people. If I had to get up at 3 am, I would be done by 5 pm. I would need sleep. :laughing:

:thumbsup2 to listening to Disney Music in the car! That's a total must-do when it comes to Disney. So glad I have so many Disney loops and such saved on my laptop so when I prepare for another trip I won't be having another regret about missing my pre-Disney fix ::yes:: And I totally agree with what you say about Disney. I just fall more and more in love with the place every trip. I think it's the fact you always discover something new when you're there either because they added it or you never noticed it before. Awww... gotta love Disney :)

I listen to Disney music in my car on a daily basis, I'm not gonna lie. But Disney loops are the BEST. I love them.
I know right?! Disney just gets better as time goes on! The memories live on and build up and are always magical!

LOL @ your little random note(s). It's nice to have those though when you get back and need to find your car. But who cares what you write you are going to Disney! And that's so funny at what happened in security. Taking a cat to Orlando... I wonder where those people were going lol And that's so cool how you got to talk with some newbies. So jealous they got to stay at Wilderness Lodge, I REALLY want to stay there :goodvibes Glad to hear they were studying though :thumbsup2

I know, right? That's why I wrote them. Then I thought, "why not, let's just throw it in the trip report!" I like to be detailed. It makes it more real LOL
Yeah I have NO idea where they were going. Disney might be too hectic for a cat, I'm not gonna lie.
I know, I want to stay there too!! It's beautiful1

YAY You're off! Great picture of you on the plane with your Pink Mickey Ears, no wonder it is your twitter pic. :thumbsup2 to extra leg room, always nice :-) And Mermaid camp? ... okay... cute, but Disney forever, of course... I hope lol

Thank you! Haha it describes my life basically. And yeah Disney forever. That's never gonna change!

Woot, getting so very close now to those heavenly gates... The Airport Christmas tree looks so pretty! :) All those decorations look great and darn you fake monorail for psyching me out! I want me some REAL monorail :teeth: But I gotta give you HUGE credit for renting a car, I mean... it is more convenient not having to wait for buses and such, but THE MOVIE... but at least you got a nice car. I'm pretty sure they drew you in with the fountain though ;)

I LOVE THE MONORAIL! And lol yeah that's how I feel about it too. Oh well! I am up for either mode of transportation as long as I'm in Disney!

Those are some awesome pictures of the signs along the way to Disney. I usually get a few of them but I don't think I've gotten so many pictures. That's awesome how you found a "Welcome Home" banner on the side of the road. It just has so much more meaning down there then up here. And I love the pictures you got of the amazing Gates of Heaven. You always get so many.

Thank you! And I agree - it means a lot when you're going to Disney! HOORAY! YAYYY! And yes, that's one of my favorite views in the world - you can never have enough pictures of that!

Can't wait to read more!

I have to say I LOVE your trip reports!! I don't get the opportunity to go as often as I would like, so I live vicariously through your TRs :banana:

I really cant wait for this one- we were supposed to go for Christmas this year (we were living in TX at the time) but my husband is in the Army and we had to move to WA and there was no way we would be ale to drive across the country and back in the 2 weeks the kids had off (and we're a small army ourselves and can't afford to fly:rotfl:) What my husband found sad was while yes I was upset to be leaving family and friends behind, I was inconsolable when I had to call up and CANCEL our very first Disney trip at Christmas:sad2: However my dh promised me we would go to DL next Christmas:woohoo: We would have gone this year but my daughter does competitive cheer and we had to spend the $$$ for her to be able to join a team up here ( which if you notice will go to WDW in March:cheer2: dh thinks that's the only reason I chose this cheer group......:rolleyes1)

I laughed when I read about you and your mom giving the crash course to the family in the airport- I do the same thing all the time. Yes, I am obsessed as well lol. DH, bless his heart, pretty much says- you plan the trip I'll go along for the ride (he's a VERY smart man) I quickly became known as the "Disney mom" and I LOVE IT!!! :lovestruc

All of my kids have been well trained- they see midden mickeys EVERYWHERE and they dont care where they are they will scream out "HIDDEN MICKEY!!!!!" They make me sooooooo proud :lmao: My daughter absolutely LOVES your hidden mickey dresses- where in the world did you find those?

Thank you again for all of your hard work in the TR- they really make me feel like I am right there in the parks! I am glad that there are others out there like me :hug: Can't wait for the next chapter!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter