09/16/06 Double Scoop Group- see ya real soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I just wanted to say a big hi to all those that I met and a apologies to those I didn't.

We had a wonderful albeit busy cruise so didn't get to spend as much time with you all as I'd anticipated.

Our trip home was incredibly long but we finally made it home to New Zealand on Monday to find the airlines had lost our luggage and our flight to our city was cancelled so we had a long 4 hour wait until the next flight.

Our final suitcase arrived yesterday so I've finally got to unpacking and doing the washing - joy!

Someone mentioned they had Zan from Macedonia as their server, he was our server in 2003 and we had a blast, he was actually serving on the same rotation as us this time and we could see the family(s) he was with having a good time.

Our servers were average at best. Robert and I are both vegetarian and every night we would have to ask if the soup was vegetarian - each night our server had to go and find out. For the record, it would appear all soups are made with chicken stock. I would have thought he would have found this out before we had to ask. Also every night without fail, he would recommend to us the meat dishes - duh! A couple of times, it felt as though our meals were virtually thrown at us.

Our assistant server was better but nearly as attentive as our server on our 2003 cruise.

We also placed a deposit for a cruise and will push out the date to 2008 at the earliest - we'd like to do a special itinerary one or a longer cruise such as the 10/11 day ones on the Wonder.

Paula
New Zealand

Hello everyone! It's very late and I should be in bed, but DD spent the night with her Dad (and that doesn't happen often) so I went out. We had a wonderful time. Tomorrow, I will regret staying out so late, but right now I have enjoyed it. Some of you are probably :rotfl2: because I think it's late, but you have to realize I'm am usually home and putting DD to bed around 9:30 every night. This is late for me.

It sounds like everyone is planning that next cruise. It also sounds the majority of us are waiting for the 2008 dates.

Amanda, how many days are you planning for DL? Are you doing any of the other So. Cal. attractions? In June 07, we are taking a two week trip that will include the Grand Canyon, DL, San Diego Zoo, Sea World and Universal Studio. Everyone is telling me to plan 3 days for DL. Does that sound about right to you?

I have never been to DL, Eric has and swears I will hate it compared to WDW. However I will do anything for a disney fix! But we are planning on 4 days but only two days in the parks. It's only 2 parks within walking distance of eachother, so it's not like we will waste time on buses and it will be the off season The other two days we are going to go to San Diego so Eric can surf and perhaps universal. We lived in San Diego for 6 years so we know the area pretty well. But it was before I got the Disney bug!

ericamanda01 said:
I have never been to DL, Eric has and swears I will hate it compared to WDW. However I will do anything for a disney fix! But we are planning on 4 days but only two days in the parks. It's only 2 parks within walking distance of eachother, so it's not like we will waste time on buses and it will be the off season The other two days we are going to go to San Diego so Eric can surf and perhaps universal. We lived in San Diego for 6 years so we know the area pretty well. But it was before I got the Disney bug!

We have never been to DL either. In fact, we have never been West of the Mississippi River. That's why we wanting to take such a long trip. I figure while we are there we will need to do as much as possible because we may not make it back for a long time, if ever. Will guys be doing the Fantasmic Balcony Buffet thing? I can't decide if it will be worth the extra money. Not having to sit around and wait for the show would be great. Since you know the area, could you tell me if it is feasible to get a hotel in the DL area and drive each day that we go to one of the other attractions, or do we really need to plan to do all the attractions in one area and change hotels as we move on to the next?

Good morning everyone! I hope you all got your PM's.. and Joanne you never said anything but did you get your message from me the other day :-)

Check out the new tickers!

This will be our first trip to DL also. Amanda, I have also been told to "not be too disappointed" in DL after being used to WDW. I think it will be neat to have 2 Disney parks within walking distance to each other. And we had to book another cruise. In fact, we booked both the Sept 15 and Sept 22 2007 cruises. Wouldn't a back to back be wonderful! But I'm sure we will cancel one or the other when we figure out which one we want to take.

1st day who knew what fun was in store???

101_0678.jpg

PS all of you who registered and have not posted, if you are waiting for your verification make sure you check your junk email folder, you have to click on a link in that email I am sooo lonely over there :-(

Hi all,
just reading your after DC trip boards...I am going on my 6th DC at Christmas. Anyway I live in SanDiego and have been to DL many many times so thought I would fill in a few holes. DL is only 2 parks plus Downtown Disney. You will need a hopper pass to use both parks unless thay are running a special. We have gone to DL and stayed up to 5 days and never got borred. There is the MK which is pretty much the same as at WDW. You will still get that Disney fix and of course it is Disney so all is done the Disney way. There are restaurants there that are good,not like at Epcot but plenty of them in the Disney Resorts and Downtown Disney. I have never left there dissapointed....So on that note have a wonderful time.... :)

Hello everyone! We just made it home. My friend and I took our daughters to dinner and a movie. We saw Open Season. The girls loved it. I wasn't impressed, and I usually like the kiddy movies as much as Merkie does.

Good news! Darling Ex-hubby got the heat fixed today. He had the guy who services his systems at his apartments come over and check it. I'm not sure what it was, but he called us at dinner and said it was working. We came home to warm, snug home. I have the best ex in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter