11/24/07 We are Better Than Leftovers!!! Nana Head reunion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom x4 grandma x4

DIS Veteran
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I was the 3000 post on my last post!!!

We are getting there, I want to see 10,000 post by cruise time, so lets get with it people!!!!!:goodvibes

good morning,
well I waited until almost 8 a.m. to post. I was hoping someone would beat me to it today.:thumbsup2

Oh well, maybe tomarrow??:confused:

No great plans today, headed for the bank, then I need to unpack the dressers and end tables to move them tonight into the other bedroom, so room to put new stuff tomarrow. I hate moving stuff around like that but I guess I have to do it anyway. I will be so glad when the new stuff is there, just hate to do the work to prepare for it.
I am getting lazy in my old age;)

have a great day all and I hope someone will stop by and say hello.:goodvibes

Poor Kathy, all by her only. Here is a hug for you. :grouphug: Maybe no one is around today. They've all rund oft.

Hi all...

Thought I had better do more that just read the posts.....don't want Kathy to start naming names and pulling out the whip :lmao:

Has been great weather here in PA...sunny and 70's...LOVE IT :banana:

Still looking for that great airfare.....where is everyone staying on Friday night?? I know you posted this info before but.....SENILITY....has plagued me lately :rotfl2:

Not much going on...trying to hook my kids up with summer jobs...looks like the only place my DD15 can get a job is the ACME...she doesn't want to thought.....big surprise :laughing: DS17 wants a car and he knows the drill...need money to put gas in it and pay for the insurance!!

Well....best go for now...will try to post more so we can reach that 10,000 goal :woohoo:

Kathy, I looked way back at the first few pages and we didn't think we would reach 2000 posts:teeth:

Not much going on. I ordered another dress for the cruise:confused3 what I need my options. Plus I go on enough vacations that in my mind I can justify all of my clothes.

I will be going on RCCL next November. This May will by my first cruise with them and I plan on re-booking on the cruise so if we hate it we will have to rethink our 2008 vacation.

Not much else going on today.

Kathy, I know I have asked this about a thousand times but how bad is Disneyworld on Thanksgiving and the Friday after? We will be at our Uncle's house for most of Thursday but Friday I really want to go to the Animal Kingdom to ride Everest. Will the parks be just completely unbearable? Thanks for you help.

TTFN :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Tonya,
thanks for the :grouphug:

Okie, good to hear from you. I do keep the good girl and bad girl list for posting. I learned from Mr. Claus himself;)

Christine,
The day after Thanksgiving is a night mare at all attractions. :scared1: I'm sure if you got to AK about 20 minutes before they opened you would have about an hour before it got too busy. Just run for Everest first thing, then get a fast pass for either the dino ride or the safari ride as they line up fast. Which ever one you dont get the fast pass for, go stand in line and do it.

By the time you finish the fast pass time should be ok. after that if there is any other ride you want to do, grab a fast pass and eat while your waiting for the time. That way you will be eating before the big crowds hit the noon rush.

After that just walk the trails because those lines just move right along.
So if you are early you can get your money's worth out of the park. But by 11:00 a.m. it will be a night mare.:eek:
After that if you still want to do something on WDW property, go to the winter summer wonderland mini golf. It wont be too crowded during the afternoon because most people are in the parks. I think it is about $10 per person. It is by Blizzard beach water park.

Normally I would advise against going there but since your coming so far and really want to do the one ride, i say be patient and go for it. You wont have little ones to slow you down. One more word of warning, traffic can back up badly just to get into the park, so if you want to arrive 30 minutes early, plan on being an hour early due to slow traffic. if you cant get there before it opens I wouldnt even try. So dont sleep in!!!
Good luck!!

I just got back from the greatest shopping trip!!
I have lived here a year and didnt know that Russell Stovers candy has a factory/distribution center about 10 miles from my house.:confused3
They have an outlet discount store too!!:love:
wall to wall chocolates at great discounts too!!
Free samples as soon as you enter the warehouse.:yay:

It was divided into 3 main sections. One area was all new products, nice and fresh, everything you can imagine. Many types of candy I have never seen in the store.

2nd was a 2nds area which means bulk candy that has blemishes or crack, just something so they can sell it n the stores.

3rd is holiday discount products. there was still Christmas candy, valentines and easter candy. You can buy one piece or an entire case.
Plus all the big boxes of assorted chocolates. Whitmans which cost $12.99 in the store was $5.99 and it was NOT expired!!!

The entire back wall was sugar free, low carb and weight watchers candy ,plus there was lots more sugar free through out the isles. Greg can't have sugar so I am always looking for new sugar free candy's for him to have.
This place smelled like chocolate!!!
it's a good thing I can't eat candy or I would of ate all the samples and spent a lot of money on candy!! I did spend about $4 on a big bag of sugar free candy.
If I give any boxes of candy for Christmas this year, I know where I am going to buy it at!! I can't wait to take the grandkids there:dance3:

That was a fun trip!!! I cant believe I didnt know about this place.
I got to ask Pat if she knows about it.:confused:

10,000? I have ♪♪ high hopes ♪♪ we can make it :goodvibes

Yes we can, but you have to post everyday Josh!!! So does your mom and ask dad to start posting once in awhile. He did it last time and it worked out great!! your in charge of motivating your family to post!!!:thumbsup2

So get with it!!;)

Good morning everyone,

Another HOT day today, 88.
I am waiting for a call to tell me when my furniture is arriving today. I hope they call early. I hate to sit around all day just waiting for stuff to arrive.

Lets have some extra posting today people, we have a long way to go to reach 10,000 posts!!:woohoo:

Come on everyone, just one post per day for each of you will really boost us up!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Hi all...

Still looking for that great airfare.....where is everyone staying on Friday night?? I know you posted this info before but.....SENILITY....has plagued me lately :rotfl2:
o:

Okie - We are staying at the Airport Hyatt. We did it last year and it was a great way to start the week. Nice hotel. Lots of entertainment in the airport for the evening after landing. Very convenient to get to the room with all that luggage. And then the next AM, you just put your luggage outside your room and head for the DCL bus!

Okie I agree with Jeff.
I have had several friends who have stayed at the Hyatt and did just as Jeff said. So easy and convenient!! I hear the pool is very nice too!!:goodvibes

I am staying at Pop Century on Thusday and Friday. My husband really liked the Food Court there. I thought about staying near the port on Friday night but we want to get in as much park time as possible. As Kathy said it's going to be a nightmare but at least we will be close enough to the parks to get an early start.

Meanwhile, all these plans are made and I still don't have airfare. It's still really expensive, about $450 per person:scared1:. We just got a business loan and as a thank you they are giving us a buy one get one free airline ticket. I am hoping we can use that to save some money but we haven't gotten the voucher yet. I will wait until Aug and then no matter how much the tickets are I will buy them:confused3.

TTFN:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Christine, Pop Century is such a neat looking resort.
We go into the resorts to have lunch sometimes because they have better food, a different variety sometimes and often have a condiment bar which the parks dont have. Plus I think you get a little more for your money in their food courts.

Sounds like everything is coming together nicely for you:thumbsup2

I just got back from the greatest shopping trip!!
I have lived here a year and didnt know that Russell Stovers candy has a factory/distribution center about 10 miles from my house.:confused3
They have an outlet discount store too!!:love:
wall to wall chocolates at great discounts too!!
Free samples as soon as you enter the warehouse.:yay:

It was divided into 3 main sections. One area was all new products, nice and fresh, everything you can imagine. Many types of candy I have never seen in the store.

2nd was a 2nds area which means bulk candy that has blemishes or crack, just something so they can sell it n the stores.

3rd is holiday discount products. there was still Christmas candy, valentines and easter candy. You can buy one piece or an entire case.
Plus all the big boxes of assorted chocolates. Whitmans which cost $12.99 in the store was $5.99 and it was NOT expired!!!

The entire back wall was sugar free, low carb and weight watchers candy ,plus there was lots more sugar free through out the isles. Greg can't have sugar so I am always looking for new sugar free candy's for him to have.
This place smelled like chocolate!!!
it's a good thing I can't eat candy or I would of ate all the samples and spent a lot of money on candy!! I did spend about $4 on a big bag of sugar free candy.
If I give any boxes of candy for Christmas this year, I know where I am going to buy it at!! I can't wait to take the grandkids there:dance3:

That was a fun trip!!! I cant believe I didnt know about this place.
I got to ask Pat if she knows about it.:confused:
Mmmmmmmm!!!!!!!! CHOCOLATE! :banana: Now please excuse me while I go wipe the drool off my keyboard.

Good Morning everyone,
well we are very smokey today but not caused from the big fire in Georgia like earlier in the week. Today we have 2 terrible brush fires that are spreading the smoke. Our beautiful blue skies are all grey due to the smoke:scared1:

Our furniture finally arrived late yesterday afternoon and it looks very nice.
Now to accessoirze the rest of the room.
Not much else happening here, just a few errands to run this morning.
Hope all of you have a great day:thumbsup2

Sorry, guys, but I have to bow out. We won't be going with you on this cruise. We've made a reservation for a 7 day Western for next April. I think we'll wait until next year when Fiona is able to take advantage of the kiddo clubs, because while she absolutely LOVED Flounder's Reef, it didn't leave us much time to ourselves. She also wasn't able to do too terribly much; she tired of the sprinklers pretty quickly. This is not to say I regret the 4 day cruise or that we didn't have fun; it's just we want to do a longer cruise where the hubby chooses to pack properly :headache: and kiddo gets to get into more stuff (as in, she's potty trained fully and so on).

I hope you have a great time, though!

Thanks for all the laughs!

Brandie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter