11/24/07 We are Better Than Leftovers!!! Nana Head reunion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandie, I'm sad to see you go! I just love reading your posts! :sad1: Have a great time on your next cruise.....have the BEST time ever! :thumbsup2 Since you're doing a Western, be sure to take Fiona to the Grand Cayman sea turtle farm. She'll get a kick out of getting to touch the turtles. :goodvibes

Evening all,
well we had the hottest day so far this year, 91 degrees!!
It was way too hot for me because it was so sticky and humid with it.

So I made a cherry pie instead of going outside. I got too much filling and it bubbled up through the crust and the foil that was around the edges to keep the crust edges from burning decided to stick this time and when I tried to remove them it pulled off more crust:sad2:

It looks terrible but I'm sure it will taste good.

Well Greg aand Minnie are being way too quiet upstairs, so I better go see what they are up to:confused:

See ya,

Good Morning everyone,
well we are very smokey today but not caused from the big fire in Georgia like earlier in the week. Today we have 2 terrible brush fires that are spreading the smoke. Our beautiful blue skies are all grey due to the smoke:scared1:

Kathy that reminds me... Did you know you can now see those brush fires from space?!? It's like the great wall... of fire :eek: :mad: :scared:

Hiya Nanas!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Welcome Danielle and family! :yay: :yay: We (me, DH and DD6) are looking forward to getting to know you.

Brandie & Christine -- sorry to hear you won't be joining us. It was Kathy's whip, wasn't it?????:confused3 :confused3 Kathy, you probably should've kept that thing put away until September!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jeff & Mina: Can I come along with you to Maui -- I promise not to take up too much space!! Bill & I were just talking about how a year ago we were heading to Maui for a week at the Four Seasons where I had my very first mojitio!!!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Guess you guys will just have to drink a couple for me!

We will be staying at the MCO Hyatt on Friday again as well. We'll have to try much harder to get together this year!

That's about it for now. DH is on an appointment (hopefully earning some money!) and DD is sound asleep! She doesn't have school tomorrow so she'll probably try to stay up late tonight.:eek:

Talk at ya later!

Cheri

Morning everyone....
Just wanted to say I had a great time last night too (thanks Jeff and Mina).... these cruise reunions are pretty nice---cant wait for all the future ones coming up in New Orleans and Michigan....(maybe Springfield or other select areas of the country?<dangling a guinness in front of Trey or maybe a mojito for Cheri>....oh quit shaking your heads...you know you want it....).

Anyways....have a great day everyone....

Jeff...like my new tag line?

pluto:

Ya know, Bill, even though Wendy has a mean boss, we're still heading to the east in July. . . :idea:

Also -- perhaps we should start planning a bash for next summer in Rockford (IL). I think Tonya & Trey said they have a soccer tournament there.:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Cheri,
I was very nice:angel: to everyone. You know how SWEET I am:love:

Josh, I didnt know that but it really doesnt surprize me. Our cameras out there show lots of cool stuff.

Evening all,
well we had the hottest day so far this year, 91 degrees!!
It was way too hot for me because it was so sticky and humid with it.

So I made a cherry pie instead of going outside. I got too much filling and it bubbled up through the crust and the foil that was around the edges to keep the crust edges from burning decided to stick this time and when I tried to remove them it pulled off more crust:sad2:

It looks terrible but I'm sure it will taste good.

Well Greg aand Minnie are being way too quiet upstairs, so I better go see what they are up to:confused:

See ya,
MMMMMMmmmmmm........Cherry pie! (Wiping MORE drool off keyboard!)

morning all,
Holly the pie was very good, although it looked like it had been dropped on the floor:lmao:

Pretty quiet day to day for me.
Tomarrow we are going to Orlando to the mall to shop for curtains, then to Michaels for some craft stuff. Then we need to hang up some pictures on the walls of 2 bedrooms. I am slowly getting my house decorated to look nice.By the time I finish it will probably be time it move again:sad2: That seems to be what happens to me everytime.:laughing:

Sunday no plans just yet, maybe I will see who is playing at the flower power concert at Epcot. Just not sure yet.

What plans do you people have this weekend??

Hiya Nanas!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Jeff & Mina: Can I come along with you to Maui -- I promise not to take up too much space!! Bill & I were just talking about how a year ago we were heading to Maui for a week at the Four Seasons where I had my very first mojitio!!!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Guess you guys will just have to drink a couple for me!

We will be staying at the MCO Hyatt on Friday again as well. We'll have to try much harder to get together this year!

Hey Cheri - Come on along. Not so much mojitos for me...but a Mai Tai at the top of Sheraton that sits on Black Rock. Yum....

We will definitely try harder to get together at the Hyatt now that we aren't so scared of the "people you meet on the internet" :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Happy Friday everyone.
Another BEEE---UUUUTiful day here in Pittsburgh. We are getting Spring - which is a rarity. We normally go right from winter to summer. Perhaps this is karmic payback for the terrible winter we had. Whatever, I will take it.

Kathy asks what's up this weekend. I think I have to suck it up and clean the garage this weekend. We are participating for the first time in the neighborhood garage sale next week and I got to thinking that if it is raining and we can't have all the junk out on our driveway, we will have to have it in the garage. And :scared1: no one wants to do that in the shape it is in.

I am bound and determined to not do much work this weekend. Since starting my business a year and a half ago, I don't think I've taken a whole weekend off yet except for when we were cruising - and even then I checked email every day. I have a big project wrapping up over the next two weeks and then I hope to have a calmer time (but not too calm!)

Did you all see that Parasailing is back on at CC? Just saw that on the main board! :cool1: Hopefully third time is a charm and I'll get my excursion this time.

Have a great day everyone! I'm off to a meeting re the big event breaking next week.

Jeff,
I hope you get to parasail this time too!! Got to keep up your record of parasailing on all your vacations:thumbsup2
Greg loved it when he did it a couple years back at CC. I was glad to hear it was back because it always seemed to be filled up, which means it was very popular with the guests.

way too HOT here today. It was 90 at noon and very smokey air due to brush fires which makes it seem even worse. Almost NO breeze so it is dense stagnent air.
Guess I should see what the temperature of the pool is. We may just jump in this weekend.

Later

Hey Cheri - Come on along. Not so much mojitos for me...but a Mai Tai at the top of Sheraton that sits on Black Rock. Yum....

We will definitely try harder to get together at the Hyatt now that we aren't so scared of the "people you meet on the internet" :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

One afternoon we walked over to the Marriott with some friends for some cheaper happy hour drinks. I really liked the "Hula Girl" -- some little slushy, fruity drink.:thumbsup2 Our picture from last year's cruise meet was taken on the way back -- good thing we had our sunglasses on!:rotfl: :rotfl: That was also when DH ruined his cell phone by jumping in the pool with it in his non-waterproof swimsuit pocket.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

One afternoon we walked over to the Marriott with some friends for some cheaper happy hour drinks. I really liked the "Hula Girl" -- some little slushy, fruity drink.:thumbsup2 Our picture from last year's cruise meet was taken on the way back -- good thing we had our sunglasses on!:rotfl: :rotfl: That was also when DH ruined his cell phone by jumping in the pool with it in his non-waterproof swimsuit pocket.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

LOL very funny. We are splitting our trip between Wailea and Kaanapali this time. Staying for six nights at the Fairmont Kea Lani in Wailea and then 8 nights at the Hyatt Kaanapali which we just love. Never have stayed at the Kea Lani before but had dinner at Nick's Fishmarket once. We were at the Four Seasons last time in Wailea too and it was great. Can't wait!!!!

Jeff,

Sounds like a spectacular trip!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Not much going on here today. DD doesn't have school (teachers' institute) so I get to work from home. She actually got up earlier today than she normally does on school mornings!:sad2: :sad2:

It's warm today, but no sun so it seems cooler than it is. Oh well, I have too much work to do inside, so it's just as well.

No major plans this weekend. Clean the house to get ready for the first of 2 b-day parties for Jessalyn. #1 will be Tuesday with Bill's side of the family, and #2 will be next Sunday as a combo Mother's Day / Birthday for Jessalyn and her cousin who is 363 days older. Wonder if I should let everyone else know our plans. . .:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Maybe Kathy can come here and do some Spring Cleaning (it's cooler here and NO smoke!), and then Lynn can do the shopping. . .:confused3 :confused3 Mutt can take care of the cake, Wendy can send some crawfish (dead or alive!), Shell -- entertainment, Trey/Tonya -- drinks, Jeff/Mina -- tropical ambience. Hey, this party planning is easier than I thought. . .:rolleyes1

Better get back to the exciting world of insurance!:lmao:

Cheri

I get to do entertainment?? COOL! :cool1: Hmmm ... male strippers would be perfect ... how about "The Men of the Dancing Banana Heads All-Male Review"? :lmao:

Ya know, Bill, even though Wendy has a mean boss, we're still heading to the east in July. . . :idea:
Wanna meet us in New Orleans in June???

Also -- perhaps we should start planning a bash for next summer in Rockford (IL). I think Tonya & Trey said they have a soccer tournament there.:confused3 :confused3 :confused3
Rockford?? I was thinking, like, someplace a little more ... what's the word I'm looking for? ... modern? :rotfl2:

Gee whiz,
I go off line for a few hours and come back to find a wild party, male strippers, and a bunch of crazy banana heads:dance3:
If i'd of known that I wouldnt of left!! This could get very interesting:scratchin

Here's a picture from the brush fires near Kathy (picture is from space):
floridafires052501.jpg

Pretty neat picture Josh.
I havnt seen the sky for 3 days now due to smoke. It smells really bad and is very hazy out. Tonight is the worst it's been yet.
Thanks for posting the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter