11 mo/7 mo Window Question

DiznEeyore

<font color=navy>Donkey-Huggin' DVC Member<br><fon
I haven't seen this asked before -- forgive me if I've missed it. We own at VWL. If we want to stay at OKW to save some points, I would still make an 11-mo resv. at VWL, and then switch to OKW at the 7-mo. window.

My question is: if I've had to borrow points to book our villa for VWL, but the villa at OKW is *less* points (not requiring borrowing), will DVC allow us to "put back" the borrowed points? Or would we be stuck keeping those points in the "borrowed" use year?

If we aren't allowed to put them back, then I guess I'd have to wait 'til the borrowing isn't an issue. And then if borrowing wasn't an issue, I'd have to make sure I'd still be within my banking window to put back points from the VWL resv. that weren't needed for OKW, right?

Am I making any sense?

The borrowed points cannot be returned to the original use year.

You can, however, use the borrowed points for the OKW reservation and then bank the unneeded VWL points to use next year.

Good luck!

By example: suppose VWL requires 200 points and you reserve with 170 regular and 30 borrowed; assume OKW at 7 months you can get for 160; you would cancel VWL and reserve OKW, using first the borrowed points and then regular points, meaning you would have 40 points left over from original reservation but they would all be regular not borrowed points. Those points could then be banked. (Moreover, there should be no issue about meeting the banking times. If you are reserving 7 months out with regular points applicable to the time you will be there, then you must be at least 7 months from the end of your use year at the time you call to make the ressie and can bank as many points as you want.)

I think I'm missing something here. Why would you make a reservation at VWL at the 11 month window? Why not just wait until the 7 month window and book at OKW? Does making the first ressie at VWL buy you something (or just security that you'll have a ressie in case you can't get what you want at OKW)?

Thanks.

12 days to BWV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the latter. Many make a ressie 11 months out to assure they will have a ressie in the event the resort they want to reserve at 7 months cannot be reserved at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter