12/19 Wonder Anyone coming???

Good morning everyone. I just wanted to be post #200.:tongue:
It's getting closer.....I can't wait.

Jennifer

Hello All!! Just wanted to say HI! and to check out that timer again! YEAH!! We went to Walmart today and picked up a few things for the trip! All these little things are adding up! Stuff for the car, the parks and the cruise! Oh well, the way I look at it, this vacation is a once in a lifetime kinda deal, so we are making the best of it! Steve and I are planning on a Palo's Brunch and since I wasn't sure of the dress code, I bought a dress at Goody's...for $7!! That WAS an $80 dress! Whoo hoo!!! Not too much longer now! Can't wait to see you all there!

I think it's almost time to start the 'docs watch'. I realize that the 'official' 30-day mark is Friday but we are leaving one month from today.

When you get your docs post ASAP so the rest of us will have an idea. Also post what type of package you are doing (ie. land/sea, etc.). I have heard that Land/Sea packagers and those who had Disney book their flights get their docs last.

We'll see.

We are leaving on the 15th and dh is starting to get excited now. I am hoping to do the Palo brunch as well. :D

Hey everyone. One month from today we will all be boarding the Wonder. :Pinkbounc :bounce: I just can't wait. Has anyone received their docs yet? I haven't.

Jennifer

We have not received them either and Steve is starting to worry a bit. We leave in 21 days! YEAH!!! I would like to have the documents so we can get that done as well. I have our cabin sign made for the door, I have the pillowcases just about done. Today I need to stay home and finish Christmas shopping and sorting and wrapping! I think I am starting to panic a bit! ;) Next week I won't be able to do anything since the boys will be off most of the week and I think we are traveling to my Moms. Somehow, someway, I always get it done! See you in 30 days! YEAH!!!!! :wave: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :wave:

We haven't gotten ours yet either. I saw someone post this week that they got their Dec. 5th Wonder Docs. I have noticed that we get our docs earlier with the 7 night cruises than with the 3/4 Night cruises.

I am guessing it might be another couple of weeks before we get ours.

I will be sure to post if ours show up.

I am still working through a problem with our reservation. DCL misplaced $300 that I paid on this cruise, so they didn't show us paid in full. For the past 3 weeks they have looked for our missing money and just yesterday they said they found it. They were holding some of our 'discount' money that we are suppose to get from the 50% voucher we got on our September 7 night cruise (hurricane Jeanne). We are suppose to get the credit back next week.

I will be MUCH more excited after I survive next week (Thanksgiving). I just can't even think of the cruise until I make it through that holiday.

But it is neat to think just a month from today we wil be boarding the Wonder!

DJ

I know what you mean about starting to panic. Even though I have planned pretty much every second of our trip down to the most miniscule detail I feel like I'm not ready. I should have concentrated more on the stuff I needed to plan for the holidays. Leaving when we are, I am going to have to send out my Christmas presents earlier than I normally do. Therefore I am going to have to shop earlier than I normally do. Do you see the vicious cycle I find myself in?

I remember last year when I said to myself (like I do every year) I am going to start my Christmas shopping earlier this year. Now I am kicking myself for not holding to that.

We are SO looking forward to this trip, and can't wait to see the Wonder and CC all decorated for the holidays.......BUT......

I told DH and the girls that next year, I want to just stay home for the holidays. There is enough to do at that time and I don't like feeling rushed.

Last year we went to WDW for the holidays (came home on Christmas day). It was beautiful, and I am glad we got to see it snow on Main Street and see the Candle Light program at Epcot. But after last year and this year and am ready to just stay home for the holidays next year.

I can't believe we are doing this; in 2005 we have vowed NOT to do on a Disney vacation for the whole year. We need to catch up on our DVC points and our cash flow!

Starting in 2006, we are going to make spring break our annual Disney trip (with a 4 night cruise on the Wonder and 2 days at WDW).

But this year will be very special seeing the holiday decorations. I can't wait!

DJ

Hello All,
We are sooo excited here, less than 4 weeks away. I figured out how to make a counter at the bottom.
We have never been on a cruise and really are looking forward to this trip. We are still waiting for our cruise doc to show up. My DD16 does not seem all that excited about this trip, but I am sure she will have plenty to do.
We are staying in rooms 6643 & 6641. Since my DS13 will turn 14 the day we leave I want to have fun and have the room decorated for him. I have seen gift package I can get. My DS5 is the excited one, he is counting down the day along with me.
I have a question about Palo. How much more does it cost to eat there? What is the brunch that I have read about.
At least this year I do not have a lot of Christmas shopping to do. I have told the kids that this cruise and a week at WDW Saratoga Springs Resort should be a good gift. It has been 10 years since we last went to Florida. Florida is about as far as one can travel from here. I can not wait to see the look on my DS5 face when he see the boat and Mickey.
Any way I have the count down timer for the minute I am off work, then my vacation starts.

Erik...when we went on our first cruise our oldest DS was 17. He wasn't that excited about it either. However, once we were on the ship...it was amazing! We hardly EVER saw him. He didn't really spend to much time in the teen club, but he met lots of kids his age. They hung around, went to the movies and did teenage things.
Palo is $10.00 per person. It is definately worth it. The food is incrediable! The brunch is great also. I'm not sure which one is better. Go to both if you can.
You are going to have to time of your lives. be forwarned....cruising is habit forming. :tongue:

Jennifer

Is there are charge for Palo brunch as well? What is the menu?

Originally posted by Suzanne033
Is there are charge for Palo brunch as well? What is the menu?

If you go to this website:

http://www.dcltribute.com/

On the left side go all the way down to External Links and click on:

Platinum Castaway Club

Then on that webpage click on:

Menus/Food

Then click on:

Click Here for Palo Champagne Brunch Menu/Pictures (updated 01/03)

It may be a bit outdated, but I am sure some of the items are still being served. There is a charge, it says on this menu there is a $10 pp charge, but it may be $15 pp by now. We haven't tried it, but we may consider it on this cruise.

DJ

Hi Folks!

Brunch is still $10 each...

Hope you're all ready for Thanksgiving! Luckily, we're going to a friend's house! Yeah, no cooking to speak off (just a dish or two!)

I'm about ready to start setting out the clothes for the trip! I need to pick up some wrist bands (nausa), passports from the bank, etc. Yikes! I have no time to do everything!

Hope you're all well and look forward to meeting everyone!

d

Originally posted by dotterson
Hi Folks!
I'm about ready to start setting out the clothes for the trip! I need to pick up some wrist bands (nausa), passports from the bank, etc. Yikes! I have no time to do everything!
Hope you're all well and look forward to meeting everyone!
d

I will be ready to start setting things out next week after my guest room is free again! I just have to survive the next 5 days!

Michelle is excited to meet Nat! Vacation excitement mode will probably hit a week from Wednesday when December rolls around. THEN I will probably start to panic :eek: Then relax:p and then be ready for vacation:cool: . I seem to go through a process like this every time.

Hope everyone has a great week and survives the holidays!
DJ

I started to make a packing list this weekend. It is a little overwhelming taking clothes for the cruise and WDW and still leaving enough room to bring back some things.

I was wondering if if people recommended the wrist bands or meclizine for seasickness. Also for those of you that have kids did they have any trouble. I was wondering if I needed to pick up some children's dramamine to be on the safe side?

Thanks for answering the newbie questions. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

See you soon:D
Denise

We always take Dramamine with us. Sometimes we use it, sometimes we don't; but if you need it you don't want to be without it. A lot of people like Bonine. It didn't work for me, but it worked for DH. Dramamine worked for all of us.

The first night is often a little rocky for some reason, until we get further out in the water.

DJ

I have a funny Dramamine story: When I was in the eight grade my family went on a cruise. Part-way into the cruise I got sea-sick so my mother gave me Dramamine. I slept for the rest of the cruise, literally. My mom was beside herself. When she read the side of the bottle later it said do not give to a person with asthma (me) because it causes extreme drowsiness. PS. I wasn't sea-sick. When I got back I went to the doctor because wasn't getting my 'land-leg' (as my mom puts it) fast enough and I had a virus.

Long story short: Read the labels on the bottle.

I just checked my timer and we are in the TEENS!!!! YEAH!!!! We were going to go home, Cleveland, OH, for the long weekend, but then realized that we have a TON of stuff to do here! So we will stay put. I will get a turkey breast for just us and make a few sides, but it will ALL be quick and the only thing homemade will be the stuffing...and maybe the pies. Otherwise, we have to winterize the outside of our house and wrap gifts and put up a tree..instead of 2....layout the suitcases, clothes and, and, and, and...I have a list that we need to do! I am going to miss going home for Thanksgiving, but I will be SO much better off that we stayed home.
Save me a seat by the Goofy Pool! oh wait, that's not allowed, is it?! OOPS! See ya real soon! ºOº

Michele

Originally posted by WDWCrazzyCunninghams
I just checked my timer and we are in the TEENS!!!! YEAH!!!! We were going to go home, Cleveland, OH, for the long weekend, but then realized that we have a TON of stuff to do here! Michele

Wow, I just realized that you aren't far from my in laws. They are in Marietta, and they are coming here to Indiana on Wed. night.

BTW, we lived in Streetsboro (Kent State area) until we moved to Muncie (Ball State area). I worked in Cleveland (National City Bank operations center near the airport) until we moved here.

Small world!

Enjoy your quiet Thanksgiving. We will be at the Goofy pool as soon as we board and will probably be there until 1:30 when we can go to our rooms. That is our cruise "tradition" (use to be the Mickey Pool though, now my girls prefer the Goofy Pool, with a few trips over to the Mickey pool just for the slide).

I don't think we have set up an official meet yet, have we? Do we want to have a DIS meet on the first day?

DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter