12/19 Wonder Anyone coming???

Just bumping this up.:bounce: :bounce: I don't want this thread to get lost. :eek:

Jennifer

I'm sure this fall this thread will pick up. This cruise is booked pretty full already! My sister waited too long and now she isn't going with us, but we are still going!

We have a 7 night DCL booked for September, so our December one will look more exciting after that one is over. I can't wait to see the holiday decorations!
DJ

It's looking like we can't get a direct flight from Atlanta without spending about $340 each. We're thinking of driving and spending a night at DW, ditching the car and taking the bus. Who would have thought only the expensive flights are left. My hubbie thinks it will open up, but i"m not so sure..........................

d

None of the kids are emailing. We need to get that going again!

My DD just sent an email. We have been in California that past two weeks. We got to visit Disney's California park for the first time! It was lots of fun!

We are driving in December, the flights are WAY too expensive for us! We have 17 hours of driving (so starting in Atlanta would be wonderful to us :sunny: ).

I would love to be able to go to WDW on Saturday before the cruise, but I am not sure if my DH will be able to get off in time to get there a day ahead of time.

I am waiting to see if Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is going on that Saturday before the cruise; if so, I am REALLY going to push to see if we can get there for that (even if it means driving through the night--which we have done a couple of times and survived).

DJ

DJ-

No direct flights. Makes no sense to me to fly 4 or 5 hours with stops rather than the usual 1 or so... And, for close to $350 each!

I forgot to ask if you guys are DVC members. Even though it's a Sat. night., it would cost only 40+ points for a 1 BD. It would be only for the one evening. Then, we could have a nice din din and let Disney do the driving to the cruise in the AM... Leave our car at DW.

Wow 17 hours! I suppose we're lucky, then!

DD was happy to receive the email!

Disney CA was great? Tell more!

d

We are DVC members, but in December we won't use points for the night before the cruise. We only own 150 points, and used a lot of them at Disneyland in Californis this month for the Disneyland Hotel.

At Disneyland California, they have some neat things you won't find at WDW. The Aladin show was WONDERFUL! Nothing like it at WDW. It compares to the shows on the cruise.

There is a new Snow White show that was charming (but not as good as Aladin). The Flying Over California ride was neat. They are bringing that to Epcot next year (working on it now). The Indiana Jones adventure was OK, but it kept breaking down and the lines were VERY long.

We still like WDW much better than the California parks, but it was fun to have the chance to visit.

DJ

CA sounds great! I think my DD wants to go to that one and the one in Paris some day. Next DW trip is probably during our Spring Break next year.

You've been on the cruise before, right? Are you Castaway Members?

What dining rotation are you on? We are waitlisted for the early one. I signed up for the REAS, so maybe we'll be able to get it. (I esp. wanted the REAS for making the Palo and spa reservations. No need to run around like a nut, since we're still undecided if we'll stay at Disney, or near the ship...) I wanted to do a vow renewal (15 years), but that's another story...

If I say I CAN'T wait until we go, it's an understatement. I have been reading everything I can about hotels, flights, etc.

d

Yes, we are Castaway Club members. It is automatic after your first cruise. We have late dining rotation. We have done both and we like the lat rotation for when we want to get off the ship and explore. Last year on the 7 night Western we felt too rushed getting ready for dinner when we were out and about.

Normally, we don't get off at Nassau. This time we probably will do the historic tour and the gardens stop. The temperatures should be cool and it will be nice to do something different.

You will find that there is plenty of food ALL the time, so we were never hungry. Even if you end up with late dining you won't go hungry. We would often go to the shows casually dressed, then in the hour in between the show and dinner we would order the cheese tray from room service (room service food is free, we do give a tip to the CM who delivers it) to nibble on in the room.

This will be our first Holiday cruise, so I am not sure what the 'extra' activities will be onboard, so if something fun is happening in the hour between the show and dinner we will just have to get ready sooner.

Anyway, you are going to have a great time! The only problem I have found with the 4 cruises we have taken is that each one makes us want to go back over and over again! It is addicting!

DJ

HI,
We figured out we will drive direct to the cruise and take a hotel room. This way we can go when we please. (I'll look on Priceline or something.) This will work unless the flights open up, but I doubt they will...

We've never done late seating so I have no idea how we would last -- we're always starved early, but we CAN get the room service. Maybe the REAS will make a diff, who knows...

Nassau isn't too exciting for us either. We'll hang a bit at the straw market. I was trying to convince Nat to do the dolphin cruise, but she didn't seem overly crazy about it, and it IS very expensive! We were thinking of the Pirate Museum. Fairly cheap, quick and back to the ship!

I'm envious you've done a 7 day! I think I would really like it, but we hate to be away from our house/dog that long. To me, 5 days would be ideal.

This will be our 3rd cruise. We did one 3- and one 4-day. When we get home for Xmas, I bet it will be a let down!

d

Are you folks early or late? We are wait listed for early. Nat will be 12 1/2, but we're used to eating early. How about all of you????

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 19, 2004 1:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln('<font size=2 color=darkblue>Disney Cruise :Pinkbounc</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writeln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'We\\\'re here!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

We are late (my twins will be 11 1/4 on the cruise). We have been doing late so that we have more time 'play' before dinner; but in 2005, I decided to go for early for now on (it is easy to change to late if you want).

I was NEVER hungry on the cruise, so it never mattered when we ate! We just liked having more time to get ready for dinner, but I can see the advantages of early also.

DJ

HI,

Don't know what to do. We usually eat early at home because of swim practice. I guess we can order snacks before, but it seems weird going to an early show.

Of course, if our girls bond, we may never see them!

Since I ordered the REAS, I suppose I could really ask for the early. Don't know when I should make plans for that.

We're definitely driving (I think). Airfare is nuts! Staying at the Days Inn near the pier.

Let's get the girls to email again! Nat is done with school this week!!!!!

d

Michelle is done with school already, I think she has just been busy with Dance competition/practice that she hasn't been on the computer much lately. I will give her a gentle reminder to send Nat an email. (Next month Dance will be over for the summer....YEAH!!!!)

BTW, for the kids, the activities seem to be better for 'early' seating. If I had it to do over, I would put us in early. I find for the 7 night cruises, I like late better so you don't feel rushed getting back from excursions to get ready for dinner; but on the 3/4 day cruises we no longer get off at Nassau, and so early would be fine for us---BUT we already have late booked, and we will be fine with that.

There is pizza and burger on deck 9 (as well as room service) available for 'dinner time' (which to us is around 5:00), then we eat 'suppper' at the late seating. It can work well either way. For now on, we are booking early, and if we change our minds later we know we can easily move to late. We tend to book as soon as the dates come out because we always go in September for the twin's birthday (this December cruise is a special treat because we wanted to see the holiday decorations).

DJ

Well, we're still on the late seating. Maybe the girls can hang together. We'll see what happens when I do the REAS.

Nat is SO happy school is almost over! She starts summer swim league, but most of the day is free. YEAH!

The cruise can't come soon enough! (We're just doing a short straw market visit in Nassau and maybe the pirate's museum -- ever gone? Is it worth it? Then, back to the ship!)

d

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

No, we haven't visited any of those places at Nassau. In the past we just got off and walked around ourselves or stayed on the ship. This December we are 'thinking' of doing one of the tours that takes you to the gardens where they have animals (one of my twins is a BIG animal lover). We thought that since it would be December the temperatures would be cooler and we might enjoy a tour more so than when we are there in September (our usual cruising time).

DJ

too excited about Nassau. If the ship is full, I think we'll want to say onboard a lot.

I'm trying to get Disney to do more for our kids' age group. (See other thread about Tweens.) I wrote to Disney and discussed it at a market research thing I did.

d

We have early dinner rotation. We like that better since we always eat pretty early at home. I'm getting excited about this cruise since it is a surprise for the kids. I can't wait to see thier faces.!

Jennifer

Hi all, I am on the 12/19 Wonder as well with DH and DD5. We are doing the Land/Sea package and staying at the Beach Club prior to the cruise. We are doing the MVMCP on the 17th also.

As far as I know, I will be in room 7126. We requested the late seating. We are night owls.

Word can't even describe how excited I am about this trip. The DIS Boards are only adding to the anticipation.

Welcome! I think we are going to have a very full ship. We can't wait to see the decorations. It is going to be beautiful!
DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter