2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks CINDY!!! WAY TO GO!!!

Yes, the TSA rules have been reduced a bit - and it's great news as we fly this weekend and can now carry on! Oooh if I can find hairspray that small!

Sigh - our costco sold out this morning of all elmo's - and Matt was there at 3:30 :( they don't know if they will get more. I hate EBAY

Hi Everyone!
Looks like we been busy here, I think the last page I read was on friday. I got some catching up to do. I had to play single Mom this weekend so I wasn't able to keep up. Oh and the dishwasher broken and my in-laws will be here on thursday. :crazy:
1)No leaving for me I am already here. But I am going to the F&W and MNSSHP next week.
2)Not having to be single mom, spending time with DH, and meeting new people.
3) Maybe, I am not sure I can get DS out of school again.
4) Seven day and any school vacation.
5)I am not sure maybe something at Vero.

Ok, I'm all caught up.

So what are the chances of this? A couple of months ago, I'm sure you all saw on the news the story about the military laptop stolen and SS#s etc being on it. Bruce was one of those people.

Well, Bruce has only worked for 2 companies in his life. The US Navy and GE.

On Saturday we get a letter in the mail (and it was on the news yesterday and today) that a laptop has been stolen and you guessed it, SS#s etc were on it. GE gets the higher mark here because they have paid for every employess to get the service to monitor their credit transactions, while the Navy just said, too bad, so sad, we're just letting you know, now you deal with it.

But what are the chances of his only 2 employers having the same exact thing happen? I guess it's modern day technology biting us, but still.

Diana that is strange! We had data at work stolen (bad person who was a 3rd party auditor) and within a month I was notified that our mortgage company lost a PC with my data on it - UGH - so I have 2 credit monitoring services right now. Work's is better - but still why does this happen?

Diana Lyn said:
And I think I saw you just about every morning Gary! I was usually talking to Stacy's Dad. He was one of the few on the ship who got up as early as I did!

I'm really hoping the fitness center is ready when we get onboard. I like to walk the deck, don't get me wrong, but I'm going to be gone 10 days and I'll never get back into an exercise routine without some good cardio while I'm gone. :yay:

:wave2: You don't necessarily need the fitness center Diana to get good cardio :blush:

1) We sail in 27 days, but when do you actually leave and what else do you have planned? Leave at 9:45pm on Sat 21st. I will be in NY until 2pm that day so wish me luck getting back to Brockton, MA and then down to Providence in time! :eek:

2) What is the one thing you are looking forward to most about SSMC06?
Meeting everyone that I've met here! That and just getting away from EVERYTHING and decisions.

3) If there was to be a SSMC07 and it was in the same time frame and same type of cruise (4 day) would you book it? I think we'd have to wait out a year..$$$$$ :sad2:

4) If there was a be a SSMC07 and if you could determine when it would be and what type of cruise what would it be? ?

5) For 07 instead of a cruise would you rather see some type of land-based event? If so, what? Sure but not sure what.

cgcw said:
Hip-Hip-Horray!!!! party: party: party:

Our linked dining for the cruise has been approved by DCL. Working with Debbie at DCL was truly a treat. A very pleasant experience.

There were a few tweeks we needed to make in order to fit our group of 91 into the parameters that DCL has set. We will all be in the same area of the dining room --- along the windows I hear as of right now.

In order to make it work, I did need to create more tables of 4's rather than the bigger tables.

If anyone would like to know who I have seated them with, please send me a PM and I'll provide that information. When possible, I've tried to keep those who have asked specifically to be seated with others together.

I know we are going to have a great time and will probably be the rowdy ones in the room. party:

:grouphug: Thanks Cindy!!!!

Okay, I know I'm not going crazy :crazy: but somewhere I saw several posts about taking a photo mat for the characters to sign on the cruise. I think it was on this thread, but I have gone back several pages and can't find the posts. Anyway, I wanted to let everyone know that I found a good deal at Michaels' on an 11x14 frame and mat. I looked for the mat as it was pictured by the earlier poster, but they were $6.99 each (11x14 mat with 5x7 cutout off center), so I kept looking. I came upon an 11x14 frame and mat with glass that has the 5x7 cutout centered. They are regularly $12.99, but are on sale through Saturday for $7.79. I thought this was a great deal since it included everything. I bought 2 so I can have one for me and one for my mom who is going with me this trip.

rsschneck said:
Anyone plan on doing some morning walks while on the ship?

I would love to walk with someone, if I'm not too tired from the previous evening. I tend to rise around 5:30am at home.

Diana Lyn said:
Thanks so much Cindy!! Great Job! :cheer2:

Curt and Karen--safe travels home! pixiedust: I saw on TV earlier you can now bring liquids bought in the airport on the plane. You lucky ducks you! :lmao:
Our local news is saying that the changes go into effect tomorrow, but I wonder if they are going to start today. I just like that you can now bring on drinks that are purchased after security.

Diana Lyn said:
Ok, I'm all caught up.

So what are the chances of this? A couple of months ago, I'm sure you all saw on the news the story about the military laptop stolen and SS#s etc being on it. Bruce was one of those people.

Well, Bruce has only worked for 2 companies in his life. The US Navy and GE.

On Saturday we get a letter in the mail (and it was on the news yesterday and today) that a laptop has been stolen and you guessed it, SS#s etc were on it. GE gets the higher mark here because they have paid for every employess to get the service to monitor their credit transactions, while the Navy just said, too bad, so sad, we're just letting you know, now you deal with it.

But what are the chances of his only 2 employers having the same exact thing happen? I guess it's modern day technology biting us, but still.
Ok, sometimes the similarities between us are very creepy. The same type of thing happened with Chris. He was in the Army, so he was in the whole mess with the VA laptop stolen. Then, with his current company, an HR employee had brought home a thumb drive with a bunch of SS#s on it, and it was stolen. And, his current company also paid for us to have credit monitoring.

Twilight Zone, over & over again between the two of us!!!

alikat99 said:
Our local news is saying that the changes go into effect tomorrow, but I wonder if they are going to start today. I just like that you can now bring on drinks that are purchased after security.
::yes:: I heard 4am eastern is when the changes take effect.

rtwhite said:
Okay, I know I'm not going crazy :crazy: but somewhere I saw several posts about taking a photo mat for the characters to sign on the cruise. I think it was on this thread, but I have gone back several pages and can't find the posts. Anyway, I wanted to let everyone know that I found a good deal at Michaels' on an 11x14 frame and mat. I looked for the mat as it was pictured by the earlier poster, but they were $6.99 each (11x14 mat with 5x7 cutout off center), so I kept looking. I came upon an 11x14 frame and mat with glass that has the 5x7 cutout centered. They are regularly $12.99, but are on sale through Saturday for $7.79. I thought this was a great deal since it included everything. I bought 2 so I can have one for me and one for my mom who is going with me this trip.

You're probably thinking of this thread - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1218876. What a cool idea. :thumbsup2

bonzie1 said:

Here is the address. When we did the 14 day Panama Canal Cruise, everyone sent LOTS of stuff down ahead of time. I never heard of any problems. Hope this helps! :wizard:

To ship a package to the port:

Address the package to Disney Cruise Lines
9001 Marlin Street
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

At the bottom left corner of the package put the following information:
ATTN: HOUSEKEEPING
STATEROOM #(Gty if stateroom # is unknown at time of mailing)
Passenger Name (the name on the reservation)
RESERVATION #
VESSEL: DISNEY MAGIC or DISNEY WONDER
DATE OF SAIL: 10/22/06
NUMBER OF BOXES (1 of 1, 2 of 4, etc)

Thanks for the info. I need to send my stuff to OKW before the cruise. Before I started reading the DIS we ordered our MNSSHP tickets for the 20th, so we will use our pirate costumes then too. I think my DS is excited, he is wearing his costume around the house now!
Chris

In honor of Monday how about another round of GTKYKFC

1) We sail in 27 days, but when do you actually leave and what else do you have planned? We leave on the 21st, and return on the 28th. We are doing MNSSHP for the first time on the 26th. We are also staying for the first time at both the BWV and SS. For this being our 21st trip to WDW, there are so many Disney firsts!! What a treat!

2) What is the one thing you are looking forward to most about SSMC06? I am just so thrilled to be on it. I have never cruised before, and I am really excited!!:hyper:

3) If there was to be a SSMC07 and it was in the same time frame and same type of cruise (4 day) would you book it? I am hoping YES! It will be difficult to take another cruise without the kids, though.

4) If there was a be a SSMC07 and if you could determine when it would be and what type of cruise what would it be? Definitely when our kids are out of school so the whole family can go, maybe late May. I would like to go to Key West.

5) For 07 instead of a cruise would you rather see some type of land-based event? If so, what? I don't think so. :confused3

WDWLVR said:
Isn't it great to know that no matter what the question someone will come up with an answer?:)

OK, so you need another question and I need an answer. I know it will be easy for you. Do I need to bring my kids birth certificates with me?

Thanks
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter