2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
sanddune said:
I just can't wait for this cruise! I'm sick again. :rolleyes: I just hope it clears up in time for the cruise! Sunshine and warm weather is what I need.:sunny:

You all have me in the packing mood! If I could just find the energy to get up and do it! Hope to start this weekend.:thumbsup2

Enough about being sick ,I'm ready to party!:cool1:

The adults in our house have colds this week. I hope that is everyone gets the fall illness out of the way in the next 24 days!

Chris

cgcw said:
Hip-Hip-Horray!!!! party: party: party:

Our linked dining for the cruise has been approved by DCL. Working with Debbie at DCL was truly a treat. A very pleasant experience.

There were a few tweeks we needed to make in order to fit our group of 91 into the parameters that DCL has set. We will all be in the same area of the dining room --- along the windows I hear as of right now.

In order to make it work, I did need to create more tables of 4's rather than the bigger tables.

If anyone would like to know who I have seated them with, please send me a PM and I'll provide that information. When possible, I've tried to keep those who have asked specifically to be seated with others together.

I know we are going to have a great time and will probably be the rowdy ones in the room. party:
I was saving this milestone post for something special, and this is it!!!
Thank you, Thank you, Cindy!! You rock!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

ConleyFam said:
OK, so you need another question and I need an answer. I know it will be easy for you. Do I need to bring my kids birth certificates with me?

Thanks
Chris

Yes. Each person needs a passport or original birth certificate.

Safe travels home, Curt & Karen!! :tinker:

curtdennis said:
(2) Even though I am an early riser, Karen IS NOT so if ANYBODY comes knocking prior to her own appearance you take your life in your own hands and I will not be held responsible
11.gif

Note to self: scratch Karen off the wake up call list. :rotfl:

chipscinderelly said:
Sigh - our costco sold out this morning of all elmo's - and Matt was there at 3:30 :( they don't know if they will get more. I hate EBAY

I'm sorry, Julie.

It just doesn't seem fair, does it. :(

Congratulations, Mary, 1900 posts!!!!

:chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat:

Let's make it an even 2000 before we cruise!!

:chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat:

cgcw said:
I'm sorry, Julie.

It just doesn't seem fair, does it. :(

Sorry Julie. When I was at KB Toys on Friday the guy told me he'd have more right when the store opened today. I had to get Emma to school or I would have gone there and beat up some people for an Elmo for you. I'm still looking!!

ConleyFam said:
OK, so you need another question and I need an answer. I know it will be easy for you. Do I need to bring my kids birth certificates with me?

Thanks
Chris

Well I have never traveled with children, but my answer would be yes.

cgcw said:
Congratulations, Mary, 1900 posts!!!!

Let's make it an even 2000 before we cruise!!

I agree with Cindy - Congrats Mary!

WDWLVR said:
Well I have never traveled with children, but my answer would be yes.

We scrambled last year to get the certified copies for me & Gary. The ones with the cute little foot prints don't count as the ones that are needed.

We also had the ours kids done as well.

They have the be the certified copy with the seal on them.

I do have to say, no one asked to see them though.

1) We sail in 27 days, but when do you actually leave and what else do you have planned?
I leave on the 18th - will stop home on the 21st. Then drive to port in morning.

2) What is the one thing you are looking forward to most about SSMC06?
Not sure - Just thrilled to be going.

3) If there was to be a SSMC07 and it was in the same time frame and same type of cruise (4 day) would you book it? Yes

4) If there was a be a SSMC07 and if you could determine when it would be and what type of cruise what would it be? I'd like to do North Carolina

5) For 07 instead of a cruise would you rather see some type of land-based event? If so, what? Yes, perhaps another type of member homecoming.

1) We sail in 27 days, but when do you actually leave and what else do you have planned?
We fly in on Saturday the 21st and will be going straight to the pre-cruise meet

2) What is the one thing you are looking forward to most about SSMC06?
Getting back together with friends I made on the last cruise and meeting my new friends

3) If there was to be a SSMC07 and it was in the same time frame and same type of cruise (4 day) would you book it?
We would have to possibly pass on that. With Nick in Jr High now it's tough to take him out of school. Unless we go without him......maybe!

4) If there was a be a SSMC07 and if you could determine when it would be and what type of cruise what would it be?
I would like to try a longer cruise but not sure how DVC would be able to do that ith coming up with so many surprises and special things.

5) For 07 instead of a cruise would you rather see some type of land-based event? If so, what?
That would be cool to do something different but I'm not sure what.

I am another that hopes to be using the fitness center.

I just got a Ipod nano, I got the Nike+ workout kit. Using a shoewallet instead of their regular shoes.

Cheryl

WDWLVR said:
I want to. I've walked deck 4 in the morning before and enjoyed it. I'm just bad at scheduling it. Our group on the 10 day had a morning meet-up for walking and I never made it. :guilty:

I could possibly be up to doing something like that.

1) We sail in 27 days, but when do you actually leave and what else do you have planned? We fly down on Friday the 20th. I am meeting some friends from my disney email loop for dinner and Illuminations that night.

2) What is the one thing you are looking forward to most about SSMC06? not having to go to work;) Trying to come out of my shell more.

3) If there was to be a SSMC07 and it was in the same time frame and same type of cruise (4 day) would you book it? Probably

4) If there was a be a SSMC07 and if you could determine when it would be and what type of cruise what would it be? A 7 day during the Spring or May

5) For 07 instead of a cruise would you rather see some type of land-based event? If so, what? I never thought about it since I've only done the member cruise so far.

ahhh cold season. I came home from work today and Nick was not feeling well and had a low grade fever. One good dose of Motrin and he is as good as new, well almost. He did eat dinner and I gave him some benadryl for his nose. Fingers crossed we knock this out before it gets too bad. DH can not handle Nick having a cold at all. So he went to bed. Now if he was to bust his head open again - Rich is as calm as a cucumber because he can control that.

So we are getting ready for bed now and will be dreaming of the cruise
In honor of Monday how about another round of GTKYKFC

1) We sail in 27 days, but when do you actually leave and what else do you have planned? we arrive on the 21st

2) What is the one thing you are looking forward to most about SSMC06? meeting everyone and enjoying everthing DVC and Disney, Nick wants to meet Captain Mickey

3) If there was to be a SSMC07 and it was in the same time frame and same type of cruise (4 day) would you book it? not really sure. next year is 3rd grade testing. would all depend on the timing.

4) If there was a be a SSMC07 and if you could determine when it would be and what type of cruise what would it be? 7 day would be great

5) For 07 instead of a cruise would you rather see some type of land-based event? If so, what?
I like the adventure collection.... anyone else up for ranch hand training? ;)

Just a quick question. What time will the DIS meet on Saturday probably end? I just found out my sister booked Lunch at Teppanyaki for 3pm when she shifted our food plans around to accomodate the friend who is sailing with us. Ugh. Since we've already changed plans three times I don't have the heart to ask her to change again. Anyway I was wondering if I would have time to come by after lunch.

Diana Lyn said:
And I think I saw you just about every morning Gary! I was usually talking to Stacy's Dad. He was one of the few on the ship who got up as early as I did!

I'm really hoping the fitness center is ready when we get onboard. I like to walk the deck, don't get me wrong, but I'm going to be gone 10 days and I'll never get back into an exercise routine without some good cardio while I'm gone. :yay:

I'll let you in a secret. My Dad most likely went back to his cabin and caught a little cat nap. :cat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter