2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
And whatever you do, don't dry it until you're sure you got it all. Makes removal 100 times harder, even if you use a no heat setting.

Oh Diana what a scarry morning. I can't imagine waking up to a bloody child. I hope Treelo makes it. :wizard:

The party bus is sounding better and better. We have no plans for the morning so we could leave whenever. We are going to get the ddp for 1 night and use our snack credit for breakfast with cereal or cinnamon roll. That sounds like a well rounded breakfast to me. :rotfl2:

Off to work, I hope it is better than yesterday or I might have to beat someone. :rotfl:

Hi Everyone :wave:

We're back. Tired, achy feet and all. We had a lot of fun -- although the heat & humidity was hard on us. Somehow or another, we didn't do everything that we set out to do, but we had fun with what we did get to do.

It seems like the kids like to do the same thing over and over again. Get a fast pass, ride the ride in standby line, come out, ride the ride with the fast pass. We spent one night at the MK for extra magic hours and before we knew it, it was almost time for the park to close at 1 a.m. Who knows where those couple of hours went, because we certainly couldn't have been riding only SM & BTMRR during those 3 hours. :confused:

The kids love nature and insects/bugs and this trip surely didn't disappoint. They found snails at the VWL which would come out late at night. One night, we went swimming around midnight and came back to find several had climbed on MY lawn chair (of course, they were going to attack Mom pirate: ), huge frogs/toads by Jungle Cruise, frogs in the MK by the barber shop (yep, Walker ended up getting another mohawk, just in time for school), lizards and hanging around the dock by the boat to go to the MK was this huge bass. It's mouth had to be about 5" when it was opening eating those Mickey pretzels the kids were throwing over.

Our most memorable memory will have to be our experience riding Tower of Terror. Except it was ToT in the VWL. We came back one afternoon, heading into the elevator, Walker pushed the buttons and we started moving. Next thing, we're standing there and I'm thinking Walker pushed the stop button for a joke. Nope. We're not moving. So, I push the call button and they ask if we're in the elevator and stuck. Yep. The man wanted to know if we were between floors, I had no idea where we were in that elevator shaft. No sooner does the "voice" on the other side say they are sending rescue :firefight, but the lights go out. :scared1: :scared1::scared1: The "voice" is still there, and says don't panic, we're on the way (too late for that, we're already in panic mode :scared: ). Cameron really started to panic, Walker started to panic and I recovered from my panic to take care of my kids. We all sit down on the floor -- still waiting for help. After an eternity, the lights come back on, we're thinking we're getting out and bam! the lights go off again. Panic again. :scared1: Back sitting down on the floor, huddled into the corner with my kids who are still panicing, and it's still dark. The elevator finally moves, the doors open and the lights come on. As the doors opened, there was a bell man standing there waiting to get on (now that I think about it, maybe that's why we ended up moving -- because he pushed the call button?? :confused: The bellman looks at us, sitting in the corner of the elevator and says "were you stuck in there"? :rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl: It's funny now to think about it, but if I was thinking straight, I should have said back to him, doesn't everyone sit in the elevators here?

Needless to say, from then on, the kids were not to keen on riding in the elevators. Good thing we were only on the second floor. We never went back into the ToT -- but did take the stairs to find out they exit way in the back of the VWL by housekeeping. We certainly took the scenic route.

We met Jeff for dinner one night. We dined at Hollywood & Vine for the Fantasmic dinner buffet. It was good and nice to talk. Afterwards, we went over to see Indiana Jones which turned out to be an abreviated show due to lightening, headed over to Star Tours where Jeff & Cameron rode (Walker wasn't feeling good) and then over to Muppets. By the time that was over, it was raining again, the line to get into Fantasmic was long, and Walker just didn't feel good at all. So, we decided against the show (don't even know if it was on due to the weather), rode the tram to our cars, Jeff gave us a ride to our rental car and we headed back to the VWL. We had fun, despite the weather and Walker getting sick. I enjoyed talking to Jeff, as did both of my boys. We will definately get together another time we're down there.

Now, to try and catch up around here. :car:

Diana - poor Emma. Hope all is better now and that you can get everything cleaned up.

Cindy - pretty scary elevator ride! Glad you all had a good time. We missed you as I'm sure Gary did.

Scratch42 said:
Poor Kid!

:grouphug:

Cold Water and OxiClean!

j

Oxiclean---check! Between the kids, dog and cat, I'm not sure how I'd survive without that stuff.

MarkRG said:
And whatever you do, don't dry it until you're sure you got it all. Makes removal 100 times harder, even if you use a no heat setting.

Thanks. I need all the laundry advice I can get!

Welcome back Cindy! :wave2:

Glad to hear your trip went well and that you survived your elevator experience!

Diana Lyn said:
Emma walked into my room at 6:30 this morning covered in blood. I mean her entire face and every inch of her arms and hands were completely covered. She's gotten nose bleeds before, but never like this and waking up out of a sound sleep to see your not quite 3 DD looking like this is enough to send anyone into a heart attack. She just said, Mommy, I have yuck all over me. :guilty: She couldn't even see the worst of it! It's taken an hour to get her and I and the walls and bed all cleaned up. Now I face the daunting task of trying to get the blood off the sheets and her beloved Treelo. :headache:
OMG - that is SO scary!! I would have been going off the wall with all that blood. Maddie split her lip yesterday and I was freaking out!!! Bless your heart and give Emma a big hug from us!!

Diana Lyn said:
Emma walked into my room at 6:30 this morning covered in blood. I mean her entire face and every inch of her arms and hands were completely covered. She's gotten nose bleeds before, but never like this and waking up out of a sound sleep to see your not quite 3 DD looking like this is enough to send anyone into a heart attack. She just said, Mommy, I have yuck all over me. :guilty: She couldn't even see the worst of it! It's taken an hour to get her and I and the walls and bed all cleaned up. Now I face the daunting task of trying to get the blood off the sheets and her beloved Treelo. :headache:

Yikes! Glad Emma is ok. Must be something associated with the weather. Deanna had two nose bleeds this past week. The first one she was standing and brushing her hair - luckily no mess. Not so with the second one - she was sleeping and it woke her up - lucky me, it was the night John was away working on the Extreme Makeover house and she was sleeping in my bed! That's always so fun waking up to that!

Welcome back Cindy. Glad to see you guys survived the heat and Disney's newest ride ToT - VWL style! I'm sure you felt like you were in there for an eternity.

chipscinderelly said:
On Thursday night I had was bitten by a bug and ended up with a very swollen ankle and oozing :crazy2: bite mark. We treated with benedryl (pills and cream) as well as ice and elevation. By this morning it seemed to have worked pretty well so off to work I went. By 2 pm it was swollen again and the bite mark was a bright red color. So I phoned the doc and they suggested I come in to the after hours clinic to be seen quickly. It was fast and as it turns out it's not a fire ant bite or misquito bite like we thought but a brown recluse spider bite - luckily mine appears to be healing and will not require surgery or anything. :worship: Thanks doc! Now I need to keep it elevated and had to have a tetnus booster :eek: which was NOT the highlight of my day. So I'm just laying here - watching hells kitchen ... what are you doing?

Julie,

I'm glad your okay. I've never heard of surgery due to a spider bite. I knew there was a good reason why I didn't like spiders (besides the yuck factor :scared: ).

bonzie1 said:
THe whole ordela was pretty scary for us. We saw the infection spreading and even with the antibiotice, it wasn't stopping!

Georgie, how horrible. That must have been very difficult to go through.

My Mom had a stroke when I was pregnant with Cameron. I wish the best for your Mom. I know it's tough, hang in there. pixiedust:

WDWLVR said:
We passed a milestone!

Congrats to Stacy on post and reply #13,000!

party: party: Congratulations Stacy!!! party: party:

alikat99 said:
Yeah, and it's still HOT, hOT, HOT, here, so we have to go somewhere indoors. I do have to run some errands, so at least that will give us some stuff to do.

Hot? :confused: You think it's hot down there?

I had one of the CM's tell me I was really red coming off of one of the rides (was it BTMRR -- I can't remember, it was one that's dark when you exit)? It was Saturday afternoon, about 120 degrees and I was not sunburnt.

The sun really takes a toll on people. I could even see it in the attitudes of the Cast Members. To say we had some less than Disney experiences would be an understatement. I'm going to attribute that to the heat -- as I don't want to tarnish my opinoin of how Disney hires the best.

acourtwdw said:
Has anyone used magical express? I was thinking of using this instead of renting a car. Can you use it if you are changing resorts midway(okw pre cruise, ssr after). Does anyone know of a transportation co that will take you to vero beach from wdw and back to wdw.

My son and I used it in October. No problems. :thumbsup2

It shouldn't be a problem changing resorts. The pickup location for the return would be different but that shouldn't make any difference to ME.

alikat99 said:
Hi everyone!! It's been a busy day around here today!!! We had our pest control done today, and I had planned a day of errands, but Chris ended up having to go to the doctor for some minor complications with his back surgery that are getting annoying to him. No big deal, but he just wanted to make sure that it was ok, and it's normal.

For some good news today, we got a phone call from Emily's music teacher at school. She is inviting Emily to sing in the children's choir that practices on Wednesday nights. Normally, it is only for Kindergarten through 2nd grade, but she evaluates Emily's class every year (she's in what they call a 4/5 transitional class for the 5yr olds that weren't ready for Kindergarten and the 4yr olds that are a little more advanced). Anyway, Emily and 2 of her classmates were invited to participate in the children's choir. They call it KLW (Kids Leading Worship) and all the kids in the church run all the services on the 4th Sunday of the month, so she'll sing every month.

They have a whole program on Wed nights starting with a small bible study, then dinner, then singing and finally chimes. I really think that she's going to like it, since she loves music.

Glad Chris is okay. pixiedust:

Cool for Emily :thumbsup2

rsschneck said:
Nothing about either pick-up time has been discussed yet. Since it will be a charter it will be our decision.

This is the question I just PM'd to Roxann.

If the bus is leaving early, we're in. party: party: party:

I think we should all still make the magnets Erin created and stick them all over the bus! We'd certainly be unique. :teeth:

Diana Lyn said:

How scary!! :( I hope Emma is okay.

And, her precious Treelo. :goodvibes

Hey guys......Just posting that new articles are up on both Mouse Matters and Pediascribe. Both are linked in my signature.

I won't be around here much. We started back to school and we are REALLY trying to stick to a tight schedule this year (at least so far---it is day three after all!) so if you have any feedback for Mike, please please please let him know directly.....

For Mouse Matters feedback, email: mousematters@wdwinfo.com

For Pediascribe feedback, email: mike@pediascribe.com

THANKS!!!!

All you guys on the party bus are going to have a blast!! Wish we could join you but since we are driving our own car and staying at OKW before and BWV after, I'm not sure how the parking situation would work out.

We'll for sure put a magnet on our SUV and look for the bus when we're on the road! Anybody else still driving themselves to the port, or is everyone jumping onto the bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter