2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can my sister and I join the party bus. It sounds like fun. If you would please put us down as a maybe. Would the bus wait for us, we are late seating? Please let me know the cost and I will talk to her and let you know later today or tomorrow.

HAVE a GREAT Day!!!

Amanda

Congrats to Roxann, Stacy and Emily!!!

Welcome Home Cindy!!! It was great hanging out with you guys.

Sorry to hear about the nose bleeds and spider bites.

Quick note to any who were waiting for them:

AP rates are out for 10/1-12/23 with code of FBZ and Candlelight Processional dining reservations also started today. The wait was about 30 minutes before speaking with someone.

Roxann - I was thinking about signing up for the party bus but have to determine what I will be doing that Saturday night, staying home and driving to port or staying somewhere in WDW. Currently I am at BWV before and after. I'll let you know when I figure out the numbers and decide. If I do sign-up, it would be for 1 more.

MaryJ said:
All you guys on the party bus are going to have a blast!! Wish we could join you but since we are driving our own car and staying at OKW before and BWV after, I'm not sure how the parking situation would work out.

We'll for sure put a magnet on our SUV and look for the bus when we're on the road! Anybody else still driving themselves to the port, or is everyone jumping onto the bus?

We joined the party bus crowd!party:

Others have found out that you can leave your car at the resort. Just ask them for a longer parking pass. I wonder if you could get a pass for BWV since you will be staying there after the cruise. You could drive over in the morning from OKW and leave your car at BWV.

MaryJ said:
All you guys on the party bus are going to have a blast!! Wish we could join you but since we are driving our own car and staying at OKW before and BWV after, I'm not sure how the parking situation would work out.

We'll for sure put a magnet on our SUV and look for the bus when we're on the road! Anybody else still driving themselves to the port, or is everyone jumping onto the bus?

Mary,

Since we are ditching our rental car now and staying @ BCV before and after the cruise I could get a parking pass for you. Then you could drive over to BCV and keep your car parked there while we are cruising. Are you attending the DISmeet on Saturday? I could give you the parking pass then.

acourtwdw said:
Can my sister and I join the party bus. It sounds like fun. If you would please put us down as a maybe. Would the bus wait for us, we are late seating? Please let me know the cost and I will talk to her and let you know later today or tomorrow.

HAVE a GREAT Day!!!

Amanda

The more people the cheaper the cost! We are up to 32 and have moved over to the Mears Motor Coach (holds 47). I am at $28.03 per person right now and it could still go down.

People want to leave early both coming and going. I was thinking a departure time of 10:00 - 11:00 am on Sunday and around 9:00 am on Thursday.
Feedback would be good! Would the 9:00 am on Thursday work for the late diners?

DIS user name passengers before cruise/after cruise

rsschneck 3 BCV/BCV

BCVprincesses 4 BCV/BCV

Diana lyn 4 BWV/BCV

BCVowner 2 BCV/BCV

IleneF 2 Pop/SSR

socks68 3 POFQ/BCV

tinkerbelle 3 BWV/SSR

WDWLVR 2 BWV/BWV

Scratch42 2 BCV/BCV

#1Mouse 3 OKW/BCV

cgcw 4 OKW/?

Possible travelers
chipscinderelly (2 maybe)
acourtwdw (2 maybe)
Copper 3 (1 maybe)

We are officially up to 32 passengers with 5 more as a maybe.
At 32 people the round trip motor coach transfer is $28.03 per person. The coach holds 47 and then the Party Bus is FULL!

I will keep adding people for another week. Then I will start collecting money from everyone to pre-pay for the shuttle. I will need to pay by credit card when I reserve the shuttle. Those of us that will be using ME to and from the airport can call with airline info. at the 2 month mark into MS.

rsschneck said:
The more people the cheaper the cost! We are up to 32 and have moved over to the Mears Motor Coach (holds 47). I am at $28.03 per person right now and it could still go down.

People want to leave early both coming and going. I was thinking a departure time of 10:00 - 11:00 am on Sunday and around 9:00 am on Thursday.
Feedback would be good! Would the 9:00 am on Thursday work for the late diners?

I'll speak up.

My personal opinion is that the earlier we leave for the port, the better. We can be ready any time and at the meeting place as early as need be. I loved being one of the first on the ship last year. It was great for the kids to have some non-crowded time in the pool.

As for getting back, as long as we're back in time to get to MNSSHP, we're good. I know that's not everyones thoughts, so whatever time works for the group, is good for us. I really don't have an opinoin on this as we are not planning on doing any park before the Halloween party.

As for leaving to come back on Thursday, I don't have a preferance on what time we leave. 9 on Thursday is fine with us as long as it give the late diners time to get off the ship.

As for Sunday, I like to leave early. I like our time in the terminal especially now with the # system they are using, it will give us more time to socialize with our friends. I like getting to the port when it opens.

I agree with Cindy and Gail. I was thinking the bus would be leaving WDW around 9 to get to the port when it opens at 10. Meeting up in the terminal is a lot of fun.

As for coming back I'm fine with 9 pm. Those of us on early dining can agree on a place to meet up and wait for everyone.

WDWLVR said:
As for coming back I'm fine with 9 pm. Those of us on early dining can agree on a place to meet up and wait for everyone.

Ummm, Mary, 9 pm would make us a little late for MNSSHP. ;)

rsschneck said:
Mary,

Since we are ditching our rental car now and staying @ BCV before and after the cruise I could get a parking pass for you. Then you could drive over to BCV and keep your car parked there while we are cruising. Are you attending the DISmeet on Saturday? I could give you the parking pass then.
Thanks for the offer Roxann. I'll talk to Ken about it tonight and see what he wants to do. It should be pretty easy to drive from OKW over to BCV in the morning, unload, and hop on the bus. And yes, we are planning to go to the DISmeet on Saturday, so wear your button so I can find you!

In the meantime, since the bus is filling up, save us 2 spots just in case!

cgcw said:
Ummm, Mary, 9 pm would make us a little late for MNSSHP. ;)

Hey, maybe Mary knows something that we don't and they are going to let us stay on the ship the whole day ;)

What is the # system on the cruise line? I havn't cruise since the last member cruise.

I would also like to get to the ship as early as possible. I like to have enough time to explore without the crowds.

acourtwdw said:
What is the # system on the cruise line? I havn't cruise since the last member cruise.

I would also like to get to the ship as early as possible. I like to have enough time to explore without the crowds.

When you check in at the Port, they give you a # that tells you which group you are allowed to board with. This way you don't have to stand in line to hold a spot.

Just make sure you post the times that the Bus Leaves each day! But I think 9:00 p.m. on Thursday is just a tad too late! Won't the Candy all be gone by then! ;)

If I'm a tad late for the F&W Event, I'll just gulp down that extra glass of wine! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

j

Just an FYI for those taking the Party Bus and are staying at a different resort than the pick up spot (BCV). I talked to Mears and for $10 they will send a shuttle over to OKW to bring Cindy's family and my family to BCV. The girl at Mears said you can call Mears a few days before and request the service or the resort you're staying at can request a car for you.

#1Mouse said:
Just an FYI for those taking the Party Bus and are staying at a different resort than the pick up spot (BCV). I talked to Mears and for $10 they will send a shuttle over to OKW to bring Cindy's family and my family to BCV. The girl at Mears said you can call Mears a few days before and request the service or the resort you're staying at can request a car for you.

While I know mears handles a ton of transportation for Disney I wanted to let you know that our Disney Wedding Planner advised against using them for any one way town cars for the wedding due to the fact they have had issue with them showing up. I'm sure it's because often the pick ups are very late at night in the parks, however, I did want to mention that and suggest you have the resort request the car, that way if they don't show perhaps the resort will run you over!!!

#1Mouse said:

Wow $10 is probably cheaper than a cab, good deal.

I'm sure I'll be able to sucker someone with a car into helping me on Sunday drag my luggage over to the BC from the BW, right? :love:

If we are voting on departure time, the earlier, the better. :thumbsup2

And for going back to WDW, whatever works for the late diners. I guess once we know exactly who is coming and who has late or early we can decide that part then.

chipscinderelly said:
While I know mears handles a ton of transportation for Disney I wanted to let you know that our Disney Wedding Planner advised against using them for any one way town cars for the wedding due to the fact they have had issue with them showing up. I'm sure it's because often the pick ups are very late at night in the parks, however, I did want to mention that and suggest you have the resort request the car, that way if they don't show perhaps the resort will run you over!!!

Oh No! Gail, I can see it now, all of us running to BWV or BCV with all of our luggage in tow. :scared: :scared: :scared: :faint:

I wonder if that's why it's only $10 -- because they will leave you stranded. Maybe that's a little too good of a deal.

cgcw said:
Oh No! Gail, I can see it now, all of us running to BWV or BCV with all of our luggage in tow. :scared: :scared: :scared: :faint:

I wonder if that's why it's only $10 -- because they will leave you stranded. Maybe that's a little too good of a deal.
If we decide to take the bus, maybe we could throw at least some of your luggage in the back of our SUV since we'll be coming from OKW too. Of course, that all depends on how much we bring....I'm not known for being a light packer. :rolleyes1 That way, if you have to run to catch the bus, at least you won't have to carry as much! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter