2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
We are based in the UK and the Beach Club is our absolutely favourite resort. We have stayed there on every one of our 6/7 visits but I am really upset because it looks like there is no availability for any rooms from 20th July -26th July next summer other than club level rooms! We are based in the UK and so I am looking at the Disney Uk site like I normally do. We have stayed club before but there is a current UK offer with free dining that we want to use so don't really want to stay the extra for club level. Yacht Club is the same! Does anyone know if something is going on at that time or is it just super busy!! We will be so sad if we can't stay at our beloved Beach Club again this year :confused3

Yikes- what construction is going on at the Beach Club? Are the Villas involved? I've looked for info but can't find much. We are going in January 2015. TIA

Yikes- what construction is going on at the Beach Club? Are the Villas involved? I've looked for info but can't find much. We are going in January 2015. TIA

Please read through the first page of this thread for that information. Keep monitoring the first page of this thread as all important construction updates will be posted there when they are confirmed.

Remember, page one of this thread is your best source of construction updates for this resort on the Dis Boards.

~NM

Please read through the first page of this thread for that information. Keep monitoring the first page of this thread as all important construction updates will be posted there when they are confirmed.
~NM

Thanks NM- I'll check it out and try to remember the resource for future reference! :)

page 15-18

:rotfl:Love that you take your sheep for a walk on a leash Dee :rotfl2:
Made me laugh :rotfl:

Thanks. Glad I could brighten up your day! I was so scared that one or both of the animals would get loose and I would have to chase them though the streets. We had them in a small pen for most of the time and at one point one of the corner pegs holding the pen together came apart!

:scared1:

*snip*

Please change my BOG from BCV to BC garden view. I would be curious to hear if anyone has done a reservation like this in the past.

Will do!

:goodvibes

What Dee is saying is that you might want to use a Condominium if Ninja Mom is staying on the same dates as you. :eek:

~NM

::yes::

Any news on when renovations on the Club Level lounge will be completed? I will be staying at Beach Club for the first time in December this year and it will also be the first time that my family and I stay at Club Level, we are so very excited! :)

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for December.

:cool1:

Are there any updates on the status of the
BC refurbishment? We are staying there the last week of Oct. to the first of November. Is there any chance that some of the refurbished rooms will be available by then?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:woohoo:

I haven't posted anything new recently about the renovations. As far as I know, they are still working on the lounge and have not started on any of the guest rooms on the 5th floor yet. It sounds like the room renovations may start in October. We are not sure how long it will take to complete the work on that floor or how much of it will be taken out of service at a time when work is being done.

I think the only rooms that will possibly (although unlikely) be available for guests will be club level rooms on the 5th floor, but I am not confident that any of those rooms will be completed by the end of October if the work on the rooms is started in October.

Last I knew the rehab was still being done on the club lounge and the rooms will not be started until that work is complete.

:thumbsup2

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any suggestions for a floor request? We have a GV ressie. Beach Club will be our first on property stay and I don't really know what kind of requests are offered other than the full balcony and an upper floor. Are there any other choices that can be requested at the ten day mark? I've read a mixed bag of reviews about room conditions. Due to medical issues our family has not been able to take a vacation in the last twenty years. My daughter had a brain tumor and my husband has had heart problems. I really want it to be a wonderful time for us and genuinely appreciate the wealth of information that I have gained from those of you sharing. TIA

Other room requests that you can call in to add your reservation are requests for a daybed or a particular location (close to lobby, close to elevator, etc)

Some of the BC GV rooms have a view of the back entrance (lakeside) courtyard and rooms in this area would be convenient to the lobby. Other BC GV rooms overlook the volleyball court (lakeside) and are in the wings between the lobby and the EPCOT side of the resort. Other BC GV rooms have a woods view very close to the EPCOT side of the resort.

Hope that helps!

:)

Here right now.

There's a very yappy dog on our floor, sounds too small to be a service dog, which is odd as I thought it was pet free?!

I would assume that the resort can only accommodate service dogs (although there are all types of service dogs in different sizes). Any updates- have you gone to the front desk to ask if they know about a dog in the building or how long it will be there?

pug:

Looking at the last week of April 2015......which would you recommend, to avoid the renovations BC or YC? Our friends are staying at BCV, but we will stay wherever the work is not being done. Any guesses/ suggestions?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

As Teena said, the YC would be the best bet in April 2015 if you are trying to avoid the renovations.

New member here have been lurking for months. We will be at BC November 9-16!!! So excited. Please add me to the list!!

Question for vets of BC if you want to be at HS at rope drop at 9 what time should you go out to wait for the boat?

:welcome: to this forum and to posting on the DIS!

Happy to add you to the list!

Personally, I would recommend being out there by 8 am to be sure to get to HS for rope drop (anyone know if HS is still opening a few minutes earlier than the posted opening time on a regular basis?). The ride to HS only takes 20 minutes, but you have to factor in the wait time for the boat, or boats. If there are a lot of people waiting at the boat dock, they may not let everyone board the first boat that arrives, so you may need to wait for a later one.

:)

page 15-18 continued

We will be at BC from 9/27 - 10/1. :cool1:

I'll add you to the list!

:cool1:

Congrats Susiec...we are pretty sure to be at BC in June ourselves!:thumbsup2

I'll pencil you on the Be Our Guest list for BC for June.

Military rate

Just wanted to say thank you to your family for your service and sacrifices!

:grouphug:

What should I request for our YC GV room? I would like to be close to the end of YC near SAB so we have a short walk to SAB and BCM. Are the GV rooms there?

The closest exit door to the main pool and the Marketplace would be the main lobby door. So you could request to be near the elevator and that would put you near the exit. :)

Near elevator as Wood Nymph says or close to lobby.

Just made the reservations...... :)

Beach club-Garden view Nov. 8-15 2015.

Just 420 days to go :hourglass

I'll add you to the list!

Hi there,
We are based in the UK and the Beach Club is our absolutely favourite resort. We have stayed there on every one of our 6/7 visits but I am really upset because it looks like there is no availability for any rooms from 20th July -26th July next summer other than club level rooms! We are based in the UK and so I am looking at the Disney Uk site like I normally do. We have stayed club before but there is a current UK offer with free dining that we want to use so don't really want to stay the extra for club level. Yacht Club is the same! Does anyone know if something is going on at that time or is it just super busy!! We will be so sad if we can't stay at our beloved Beach Club again this year :confused3

Yikes! I don't really know why it is showing as all full. Maybe there are a limited number of rooms offered through the UK website. Fingers crossed for that you are able to plan the say you want!

::yes::

I have to post because I am excited...

I have officially paid off my vacation! With work, kids' school & sports, and the chilly weather in full swing... I am counting down the seconds until Disney. :yay:

I can't wait to see BC in person. It looks so beautiful as I am obsessively looking at pictures. LOL. My kids don't know where we are staying and it is killing them. My daughter's only request is a Valcony (balcony). We will be there around her 7th birthday, so hoping to get an upper floor room for her. My boys will LOVE SAB. I'm excited for the walk to Epcot and HS. My husband will be in misery. LOL. He's not a Disney fan. He is a good sport and will have fun, it's just not his favorite place. He'd rather be riding thrilling roller coasters.

Anyway, I've babbled enough. I just wanted to share my excitement. Now I need to start planning for fast passes. Elsa and Anna are #1 on my fast pass goal list. Fingers crossed. DD will be wearing her Elsa dress. :cloud9:

Just a reminder *cough* SHAMELESS PLUG *cough* to everyone that I have lots of pictures of the resort in my current trip report "What Happens at the Beach Club"

If you want to check it out, click on the link in my signature.

Sometime this week I will post some pictures of Stormalong Bay that you don't want to miss!

OK, so I'm a wee bit late for my promised mini-trip report of our BC stay August 22-27...I came home to a bit of a situation, which I have happily resolved, so I'm finally getting to my review with pictures!

Here is my review: It was awesome.

Like, everything was amazingly great. Really, just everything.

We were in a GV Club Level room, which was ready when we checked in at 11:00 am. We took pics with Hyacinth, Vilma, and Neil, who made us welcome drinks! I'd love to post those, but feel like I shouldn't. Our room was great, exactly like every other one, full balcony, no daybed. As you walk off the elevator, turn right, and it was the first one on the left. Here are the room pics with views:

Beach Club, Club Level Garden View room, #5630

I will take this for a Garden View any day!

We had no issues with our room. Everything worked and it was very clean. We received towel animals every day, and housekeeping was great. As far as the construction and lounge in the Presidential Suite, I know I am in the minority here, but I have to say that I LOVED it in there, and I wish it could be there all the time. The view alone is spectacular, and it was great to have breakfast everyday looking out over the lagoon....and SURPRISE, we had a PERFECT view of the Frozen fireworks! We were able to open the door and watch from the balcony. I didn't find it any smaller than the old lounge...in fact, it was nice to have the food spread out instead of stuffed in that one area. Here are a few pics, even though I know Dee posted some, I can't remember what they were of in the old thread. I apologize if someone else has posted these, I haven't finished reading the old thread yet!

As far as the Club Level CM's, while the service was great, I have to say I wasn't thrilled with where they moved to. They are located to the left of the lounge entrance, in a room at the end of the hall. There is only one desk, as opposed to two, but there were other CM's milling around ready to help. The room is at the end of this hall on the right:

Here are some construction pics:
As you step off the elevators, you are greeted by this lovely wall, where the CM's used to sit. The CM is standing in the elevator entrance. I have to say the construction didn't bother us one bit. There was drilling during the day, but we barely noticed it.

I desperately tried to sneak a peek behind the wall, but no luck. And I will tell you none of the CM's were giving up any clues about the timeline of the construction, either.

We spent a ton of time at SAB, and had to search for chairs only occasionally. The times I became brave and removed towels, not one person came looking around and said they were theirs. We sat over on the YC side a couple times, which we haven't done, and I had a ball watching the kids! Loved sitting there sipping my drink with the Boardwalk in the distance....insert heavy sigh!

I was surprised at the weather. Although it was hot, it didn't rain much at all, despite a couple of late storms, one of which we watched from our balcony and I could swear it was a hurricane, WOW!

We spent each morning at a park, swam and napped in the afternoon, and went back out at night. We did Hoop Dee Doo Review for the very first time...I know, after many trips with our kids, that's hard to believe, but I figured this will be our "last" family trip with just the four of us, so I said what the heck. LOVED IT!

New favorite restaurant: Narcoossee's. Best lobster bisque I ever had, and being a New England girl, that's saying something. We were able to go up to Cali Grill lounge just for drinks at sunset...have beautiful pictures, and it was so fun! Off topic here, but traveling with two children who are now of drinking age is a budget buster :rolleyes2

We also did one splurgy thing - we took a Wishes Fireworks Cruise....AMAZING! I know this is expensive, but worth every penny to us. It was a beautiful night, we had a great driver, and we shared the cruise with another DIS couple who really made it more special - they were just lovely, and my kids enjoyed them very much.

We didn't have any trouble with our Magic Bands or FastPasses, crowds definitely tapered off toward the end of our stay. As usual, loved being able to walk to Epcot, went there every day for one thing or another. I took a walk one afternoon around the Boardwalk and walked through the Swan, Dolphin, and BW...I am a gift shop junkie, so of course I purchased something at each stop!

I know I'm rambling but I can't help it! Love reliving it. We are heading back to WDW in March for my daughter's last Spring Break lacrosse tournament, but after looking at the BC prices, we might stay at a moderate....Any one else agree that the room rates are getting a little out of hand, even with discounts?

If anyone has any questions, even though it's been two weeks since I've been back, let me know. Thanks for reading!:)

WDWforUS2006 - great report. Thanks for sharing!

Here right now.

There's a very yappy dog on our floor, sounds too small to be a service dog, which is odd as I thought it was pet free?!

You'd be surprised what pets people pass off as "service" animals. I'm sure someone would find a way to list a dog as their service animal, even if it was a bit too yappy.

page 14-15

The guy on the left is Cloud, and he is an Angora goat (not a sheep) and the one on the right is Virgil, a Shetland sheep

Awww, love these guys (I'm sure Dee knows that I'd like these guys, and all that they produce.) Too bad you didn't bring them along as your "service" animals. They would have been a great addition to our August fun!

Just a reminder *cough* SHAMELESS PLUG *cough* to everyone that I have lots of pictures of the resort in my current trip report "What Happens at the Beach Club"

If you want to check it out, click on the link in my signature.

Sometime this week I will post some pictures of Stormalong Bay that you don't want to miss!

popcorn:: Can't wait for this week's episode.

Well, I procrastinated too long and as such will not get to do the F&W Premium Package. :sad1: When I called yesterday - low and behold they had removed the Tuesday night late nights and I won't be there on a Thursday night. If only I had not procrastinated! I wouldn't taken the discount offered and kept the package. Maybe this was a sign the package wasn't going to be any good anyhow, right?

FWIW, it has nothing to do with your procrastination, as they've cancelled all the Tuesday premium packages. Had you booked it earlier, you would have gotten a call telling you that it was no longer available. I believe there is a thread on the Dining boards about the Tuesday cancellations and all the consternation it's causing people who actually had booked it.

Well let's hope it's good! I had the Tuesday booked and received a phone call saying it was being moved to Thursday IF I could still attend. So we are now booked for the Thursday... hope it's amazing!!

~N

Our delayed and little review of our YC stay. We were there the last full week of August and overall, we had a really great time and much fun was had. We were in room 5163 which was over on the gazebo side. Loved that we were down a nice quiet hall and had a room on the corner. I was surprised though that it didn’t have a balcony and while I was originally bummed to not have one, the quietness of the area and short walk to the lounge certainly made up for it and we didn't miss it at all. I thought the condition of the room was fine. I didn’t go looking for wear and nothing obvious jumped out at me. I did notice what others had mentioned with dirty dishes being left in the hall. I saw that a plenty and don’t get why they sit for hours. I did see the carpet cleaning vehicle riding up and down the halls more than once so they were cleaning a lot too.

On to the lounge and the drink situation. We never had a problem with getting beers any time we wanted, and didn’t have issues with getting more than two, although we never asked for more than two at once and didn’t need to since we could get them at any time. I didn’t like the drink cart. I thought the whole set-up and having to go ask for a drink was just awkward. It did not come across as being treated or served while on vacation, just more of an inconvenience and like we were monitored. The location in the hall even looked silly. I did find the lounge on the small side and there was often not enough space for all that were in there. I definitely noticed cut backs in the food, both in quantity and variety. The CMs in the lounge were nice – most of all Shakaria and Dan. Others were helpful as well. Regina at the desk was over and above fabulous. She was a peach for check-in, and I had many, many lovely conversations with her all week. She even made a point to come say goodbye when she was going to be off for the last couple days of our trip. What a personal touch. The other CMs at the desk were nice too – but Regina stood apart.

We were hit or miss in the lounge for evening apps – usually too busy at the pool during that time and too lazy to go back up – and never there for twilight cocktails, either at dinner or a quick hop into the parks for one last ride. Snacks I think are pretty much a joke. We do enjoy it for the extra space, and ease of breakfast, which has me contemplating the “worth” it to us. Still in the worth it bucket for now but as we're there less and less, it starts making less sense and more splurge.

YC was so great that we're not sure where we’ll stay next year. Pros is SAB – which we were in for hours each day – and being able to walk to Epcot, boat to DHS. We closed down Epcot twice and DHS once. Being able to pop in to the parks and grab late rides on TT, Soarin, RnR and ToT was huge. Crew Cup was also the best meal of the trip and who doesn’t love a shake from Beaches and Cream. Our hearts are AKL, but I find everything else outweighing the tranquility we find there. We love that lounge (although YC CMs have them beat). We do want to try Poly again too. Decisions, decisions.

I haven’t received a survey yet on our stay. I’ll look on the first pages of this thread for contact for the manager to send my praise for Regina and the other CMs, as well as my thought on the redonk drink cart.

Excited to be thinking ahead for 2015 and quite a few pages to catch up on.
:beach:

We are currently booked at the BC in a standard room for June 27-June 30, 2015 before moving over to the Poly. Our trip next summer is being dictated by DH's work schedule so there is a chance our dates could change slightly. We've stayed only one other time at the BCV. Can someone please recommend good standard room locations to request? We aren't picky people as far as views go, but we do like to be close to things and, if I remember correctly, some of those hall corridors can be a long walk. TIA!

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I am getting very excited about our up coming trip and our first on property stay. I appreciate the information about the room locations and requests too. You have been a big help.

Just returned home from AKL a week ago, and booked a BB for BC! We're so excited! If all goes according to plan (Dh gets the job he's hoping for) this'll be our dream trip!

Sept 11th to 25th, 2015 BC CL

Now it's time to read through this thread and learn all there is to learn! Squeeeeee I'm so excited!

Well I posted when we got here on Wednesday & we are in the last couple of days here now, leaving Wednesday morning. The first & best piece of advice is if you get room 5669 request another room! It is next to the service elevator & it is loud! Plus, mouse keeping staff love to stand in front of our door & chat at 730 in the morning! We don't have kids with us & didn't feel like moving so we stayed put. It was bad though. Room was in great shape, had an awesome view of sb & a full balcony. We are club level & it's our first time doing it. My husband is a big beer drinker so this was the main reason for trying it. He could get beer whenever he wanted. Never a problem. 2 at a time, & we had a fridge so he put some in for when we returned after 10. I had 2 issues with cl. One was my husbands seafood allergy. When we checked in he spoke with the chef & was told that when there is seafood to have the cast member call down for fresh food that wasn't prepared with the seafood. Did that & waited 20 minutes & gave up. Did mention it the next day to the girl that checked us in & she apologized & said to try again if it happened again. We did & that cast member said ok give me a minute, only to come back 10 minutes later to say chef said don't eat the veggie rolls since they could have been cooked with seafood. Uh yeah we know that! That's why I explained the whole thing to you & asked you to get him a fresh batch. Ugh, hubby was just annoyed at that point so we gave up & he had no hot apps at all. My other complaint is that it's the same stuff every day! Maybe they changed out the one Danish type in the morning & the hot apps were a little different. Is it worth the extra 100 bucks a day? Not sure for me, but hubby loved it! Never did cl before so I have nothing to compare it to. We did get bottles of water, but had to ask for them. They are doing away with the bottles though once renovations are done. Moving to a water filtration system. Oh & I forgot to mention there wasn't a beer cart, it was help yourself from 5-7, anytime before or after you just had to ask. Here for a few more days so just ask if you have any questions!

Hi there,

Try ringing WDWTC-UK and explain what it is you want as they can help sometimes or you can try booking through the US site or using a certain travel agency that offers free quotations to check for you (I've done this in the past when I needed to with no problems). Hope this helps :goodvibes

Our delayed and little review of our YC stay. We were there the last full week of August and overall, we had a really great time and much fun was had. ....
YC was so great that we're not sure where we’ll stay next year. Pros is SAB – which we were in for hours each day – and being able to walk to Epcot, boat to DHS. We closed down Epcot twice and DHS once. Being able to pop in to the parks and grab late rides on TT, Soarin, RnR and ToT was huge. Crew Cup was also the best meal of the trip and who doesn’t love a shake from Beaches and Cream. Our hearts are AKL, but I find everything else outweighing the tranquility we find there. We love that lounge (although YC CMs have them beat). We do want to try Poly again too. Decisions, decisions.

:beach:
Thanks for posting the detailed review. It is hard to stay at another resort after experiencing all the benefits of the great YC/BC location and amenities. We like the tranquility of WL, which makes it hard which resort to choose. :)

We are currently booked at the BC in a standard room for June 27-June 30, 2015 before moving over to the Poly. Our trip next summer is being dictated by DH's work schedule so there is a chance our dates could change slightly. We've stayed only one other time at the BCV. Can someone please recommend good standard room locations to request? We aren't picky people as far as views go, but we do like to be close to things and, if I remember correctly, some of those hall corridors can be a long walk. TIA!
Most of the standard view rooms look over the entrance door and parking lot. I would probably request a full balcony first and then near elevator second, in order to be centrally located. :)

Well I posted when we got here on Wednesday & we are in the last couple of days here now, leaving Wednesday morning. The first & best piece of advice is if you get room 5669 request another room! It is next to the service elevator & it is loud! Plus, mouse keeping staff love to stand in front of our door & chat at 730 in the morning! We don't have kids with us & didn't feel like moving so we stayed put. It was bad though. Room was in great shape, had an awesome view of sb & a full balcony. !

Thanks for the detailed review. That's too bad about the noise. At least there were other good things about your stay. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter