• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

We debated about the reservation timing too and finally settled on 8:00pm. We were concerned about getting there too early but we figured they would view anything booked at 7:45pm or later was going to be folks staying to watch fireworks too. Since you can't really reserve a window seat we were just trying to stack the deck as best we could. If you Google "La Hacienda de San Angel building layout" there are numerous pictures of the inside of the building. As you can see most of the seating at or near the windows is for larger groups, although they could use them for multiple small parties too. We had 11 on the reservation so we had a pretty good feeling they would be seating us near the windows just because the other areas had fewer options for accommodating a large group. I remember the restaurant being busy but don't remember it being slammed or crazy lines waiting to get in. We also went the week of Labor Day, one of the slowest times of the year for Disney, so that may have contributed to our success too as there were fewer folks competing for space. I still believe the large group was our ace in the hole as it limited where they could put us.
LOL anyone going to Epcot on November 1st that wants to help build my party bigger? LOL
Ya my no so social husband would love me to do that at our Anniversary dinner. LOL
I'll take what I get and enjoy whatever magical pixie dust comes my way. After all my DH should be helping me make our own fire works. :oops::P

Have a pixie dust day.
pixiedust:

Its crazy how Disney wants you to book your dining reservations 6 months in advance, but sometimes don't release their park hours early enough for you to know before you book. Or in last years case for us, they release them, you make all your plans, then they change them :(
Dito!

LOL anyone going to Epcot on November 1st that wants to help build my party bigger? LOL
Ya my no so social husband would love me to do that at our Anniversary dinner. LOL
I'll take what I get and enjoy whatever magical pixie dust comes my way. After all my DH should be helping me make our own fire works. :oops::P

Have a pixie dust day.
pixiedust:
I'm sure there will be some kind of fireworks on your anniversary....even the little things can be Magical!

Well, I'm going to my daughters tomorrow to pick out dinning....as of tomorrow Disney will have posted one more day on their schedule for hours. So we will have the first four days of our trip with actual hours to plan around.....after that, we have four days to consult with one another via I-message as each day comes out. Then....after all this....we actually see what we can get! Will probably mess up our whole schedule anyway...lol! We will just work around it....and be happy we are able to go this year! What time do people like to eat when a park is only open till 9 p.m. and you are park hopping...just curious?

Well, I'm going to my daughters tomorrow to pick out dinning....as of tomorrow Disney will have posted one more day on their schedule for hours. So we will have the first four days of our trip with actual hours to plan around.....after that, we have four days to consult with one another via I-message as each day comes out. Then....after all this....we actually see what we can get! Will probably mess up our whole schedule anyway...lol! We will just work around it....and be happy we are able to go this year! What time do people like to eat when a park is only open till 9 p.m. and you are park hopping...just curious?
What hours are you looking for?
Here is the park calendar for November:
http://media.disneywebcontent.com/staticfiles/parkhours/wdwtravelagent_november.pdf

Or here

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm

Last edited:
I made my ADRs at 5am central time today. No trouble getting everything I wanted except for Chef Mickey but that was a glitch so I was able to get it later in the morning. So excited to go!! Has anyone ever done the Backyard BBQ? It looks like fun and in mid November I don't think the evenings will be too hot. I was hesitant to use 2 TS credits but since I got BOG for lunch instead of dinner it worked out. We've done BOG for dinner before so we've already met the beast!

My mom just got a pin code for fall!

It had two offers:
Save up to 30% on rooms
for stays most nights Aug 28-Nov 24, and Nov 28-Dec 23, 2015
Must book by August 7, 2015

Or

Get a free dining plan when you purchase a non discounted 6 night/7 day Disney travel company package that includes a room at a select Walt Disney Resort Hotel and tickets with park hopper OR water park fun and more option.
For arrivals most nights Aug 28- Oct 2, Oct 25-31, Nov 8-19, and Dec 15-21, 2015
Book through July 10, 2015

It had two offers:
Save up to 30% on rooms

Or

Get a free dining plan when you purchase a non discounted 6 night/7 day Disney travel company package that includes a room at a select Walt Disney Resort Hotel and tickets with park hopper OR water park fun and more option.
For arrivals most nights Aug 28- Oct 2, Oct 25-31, Nov 8-19, and Dec 15-21, 2015
That's the one I got but they would not let me book FD at POR so I took the RO at 20%
Next time I might be willing to switch resorts but not this time.

I made my ADRs at 5am central time today. No trouble getting everything I wanted except for Chef Mickey but that was a glitch so I was able to get it later in the morning. So excited to go!! Has anyone ever done the Backyard BBQ? It looks like fun and in mid November I don't think the evenings will be too hot. I was hesitant to use 2 TS credits but since I got BOG for lunch instead of dinner it worked out. We've done BOG for dinner before so we've already met the beast!
We did the backyard bbq. We do not think it is worth 2 TS. That was the opinion of my entire family. We have done all the 2 TS venues and that is the only one we don't thinki is worth it.

We did the backyard bbq. We do not think it is worth 2 TS. That was the opinion of my entire family. We have done all the 2 TS venues and that is the only one we don't thinki is worth it.
Really?
My kiddos loved it!
But they are little 2,6,8
And they had a blast dancing with the characters!

It had two offers:
Save up to 30% on rooms

Or

I got that one too just two days ago in the mail. The room discount is an offer with a code. The free dining discount is just an advertisement for the free dining sale going on right now, there's no code.

I'm just wondering how people chose their dinner time preferences? Do you eat early, so you can park hop to the next park, to get rides in before closing. I usually give dinner two hours...from seating to check. What do other people do?

Good to hear. I make mine a week from today. I can't plan anything out until the night before because all the park hours for our days will finally be posted. I'm trying to get all the big ones too, so a little nervous. DD just told me that her and her BF want BOG. I was looking forward to not having to chase that one since we did it last year. I am trying to get CM, CRT, and all the hot ones so it won't be easy....

I just tried to reserve the later Spirit of Aloha Show with dining plan and no go. You have to pay in advance with a CC.
Tier 2 and 3 available with Dining Plan.

Sorry, I don't know anything about Spirit of Aloha. I only have experience with Hoop Dee Doo. I wasn't charged for my reservation (have dining plan) for the late show with first tier seating. All dinner shows may not be created equal :)

Have a pixie dust day.
pixiedust:
I'll be there on that day! I wanted to eat where you're planning but I was outvoted. Oh well! Haha

Now I'm wondering if I should reschedule my dining to try to see the fireworks. I'm going to Restaurant Marrakesh. Any possibility of even seeing them?

I got that one too just two days ago in the mail. The room discount is an offer with a code. The free dining discount is just an advertisement for the free dining sale going on right now, there's no code.
We just got a UOC this morning too showing the free dining advertisement and the RO discount. Nice to know Disney still has me on their mailing list.:duck:

What are the odds I'll be able to snag a BOG lunch for 3 the last friday in Sept? I keep checking but nothing so far.

What are the odds I'll be able to snag a BOG lunch for 3 the last friday in Sept? I keep checking but nothing so far.
Go to the Sept canceled dining thread in here. If someone needs to get rid of something they will let you know in there and maybe you can snag one. I just gave up 2 for lunch on the 28th through there. Good luck! I just looked at the thread and Thursday someone canceled BOG for 3 for 9/25...the last Friday in Sept. :( You missed it but, that does not mean it will not come up again! Watch the thread :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter