2018 Princess Half Marathon

I'm in corral E. My friend and I are running together. She is a seasoned runner but never done a Disney event or park in her life. I talked to her today because she couldn't figure out her corral. Yeah... she's in A. I knew she was a lot faster than me but didn't realize she was that fast. She says she is goin to come back and join me so I guess this is going to be a light jog on a spring morning for her. It's all getting so real! Just a couple more weeks!

How do you know what corral you are in?

There is no organization by bib number within the corral. It's a first come first served basis if you want to be at the very front. The 16 minute pace starts when the last runner crosses over the starting line. My advice is to get into your corral as early as possible so you can be at the very front. That will give a little bit of a buffer from the balloon ladies.

From obsessive reading, I was under the impression that you were paced at every mile marker and if you ever drop below 16 you can be swept... is this not the case?

From obsessive reading, I was under the impression that you were paced at every mile marker and if you ever drop below 16 you can be swept... is this not the case?

No, not the case. once the last person starts, the time starts ticking. there are ladies carrying balloons that start after the last person and you have to stay ahead of them.

go over to the rundisney site and click on princess half and then look for the runner info and scroll down. There is a chart that list which numbers start where
Got it thank you. GUH! G!!!!!! I had no idea how fast or show I'd be... this is my first race. Wishing I was at least in F!

Does anyone know of good times to go to the expo? We're running the challenge and planned to go Friday, and originally wanted to go around when it opens (between 10-12), but I think I saw someone post that it's usually busiest towards the start. I definitely wanted to spend some time there and check out the official merchandise areas that we missed last year, so I was hoping to hear some thoughts on crowds/busy times (I remember the line just to get into the official merchandise section was very long last time).

Alternatively, if we go later in the day once the crowds have died down, would there still be a selection of official goods to choose from? :scratchin

IMO its busiest towards the actual start on Thursday.

Last year (vs 2016) imo they got better about replenishing stock as they went. But they couldn't or wouldn’t tell you if something that was out on Thursday would come back on Friday. So those who thought something was gone on Thursday didn’t go back on Friday but things were replenished. It’s frustrating.

Have they done a sneak peek of the official rD merchandise for this race yet? I can't remember if they did or not.

Does anyone know of good times to go to the expo? We're running the challenge and planned to go Friday, and originally wanted to go around when it opens (between 10-12), but I think I saw someone post that it's usually busiest towards the start. I definitely wanted to spend some time there and check out the official merchandise areas that we missed last year, so I was hoping to hear some thoughts on crowds/busy times (I remember the line just to get into the official merchandise section was very long last time).

Alternatively, if we go later in the day once the crowds have died down, would there still be a selection of official goods to choose from? :scratchin
First day at opening is always busiest, so just by going Friday you'll miss that insanity. Mornings do tend to be a bit busier in general, though. They do replenish stock throughout the day... IF they have extra to put out. This year they ran out of certain Dopey items by the time I got there in the afternoon and had nothing in back with which to replenish.

Last LR, 10 miles, is finished! Went much better than I thought it would and beautiful, perfect weather, and I was thinking to myself how nice it would be if it could be like this on race day.
I have some mid length runs next week and then a couple of short runs before the race.
We leave for Disney in Two Weeks!

So, for people who've run the challenges in previous years, does the 10k have unique characters or would the same characters show up during the half marathon?

Our weather just stinks. I'm so over the single digits and below zero temps. Running outside is no fun when there's ice everywhere. I've done some shorter treadmill runs but would really like to get out for 10-12 tomorrow. Going to try outside and hope for the best. So looking forward to Florida a week from tomorrow! Although my body may go into shock from the temperature difference :)

So, for people who've run the challenges in previous years, does the 10k have unique characters or would the same characters show up during the half marathon?

I found that with the 5K and 10K there were some of the same characters. I know for the half there were different ones. I didn’t stop for pics during the half so it’s all a blur as to who was out there LOL! The ones that stick out the most were the annoying car guys near the car care center and the army guy right before the uphill on ramp. The race retreat had sleeping beauty, prince Phillip, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather. If you fo to joyfulmiles.com, she blogged all three races from last year.

I have 5 & 9 miles this weekend. Weather has been all over the place this winter here in central FL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter