• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

2018 Princess Half Marathon

IMO its busiest towards the actual start on Thursday.

Last year (vs 2016) imo they got better about replenishing stock as they went. But they couldn't or wouldn’t tell you if something that was out on Thursday would come back on Friday. So those who thought something was gone on Thursday didn’t go back on Friday but things were replenished. It’s frustrating.

First day at opening is always busiest, so just by going Friday you'll miss that insanity. Mornings do tend to be a bit busier in general, though. They do replenish stock throughout the day... IF they have extra to put out. This year they ran out of certain Dopey items by the time I got there in the afternoon and had nothing in back with which to replenish.

Hmm, okay. We'll probably keep our plans to go Friday morning then. Thanks so much for the help!

12 is in the books! :cheer2::banana::cool1: Best part is, I feel great. My foot has healed very well so far, and though I'm running quite a bit slower, I'm just so happy to be without that nasty pain. Best of luck to everyone doing their long runs today and tomorrow. We got this girls :thumbsup2

It was supposed to reach 50 and finally be a bit warmer today, so we were excited to get out and put in the miles. The bike path we ran was basically an ice skating rink with pavement every so often. We continued because right as we were about to turn around a woman told us the path up ahead was "beautiful and clear." She lied. Although it was painfully slow, we were laughing our butts off. It's starting to feel real!

It was supposed to reach 50 and finally be a bit warmer today, so we were excited to get out and put in the miles. The bike path we ran was basically an ice skating rink with pavement every so often. We continued because right as we were about to turn around a woman told us the path up ahead was "beautiful and clear." She lied. Although it was painfully slow, we were laughing our butts off. It's starting to feel real!

Neither one of us broke an ankle, but we did slow our pace by a solid two minutes in order to avoid broken bones.

The final distance was 11.27!

Well, I got new shoes. We’ll see how they work tomorrow. My squashiest shoes in a while, Brooks Glycerin 15s. Nice return policy but I hope I don’t have to use it. Especially since I got them at the “trailhead” store at Seattle HQ and don’t want to have to make that trek! (And because then I’d have to find new new shoes...)

Rocked my 9 miles this morning. I could have kept going! I made a creative 3 mile loop around my subdivision and did it 3 times. It wasn't the most scenic route, but it allowed me to keep my water, sports beans and a towel in the driveway instead of toting it with me! Finished the second Harry Potter audiobook and started on the third. Saw a bald eagle flying around and a few other birds, but nothing else for wildlife.

this race is going to go SO poorly for me lol I couldn't get out for a long run today because of the weather and even if I had it only would have been like 6 miles, max, because I've been sick. gonna be walking a LOT of this half, I guess. :(

this race is going to go SO poorly for me lol I couldn't get out for a long run today because of the weather and even if I had it only would have been like 6 miles, max, because I've been sick. gonna be walking a LOT of this half, I guess. :(

You will do better than you think! I missed two long runs and the short runs in between in early February last year due to illness. (Three trips to the doctor—ear infection, bronchitis and sinus infection). I still had two good races.

Trust your overall body of training and don’t focus on the runs you missed.

I feel like this was already asked, but does anyone know when the shirts will be revealed?

I'm in the same boat. I've been battling hip pain in my left hip ever since I got my new shoes. I have since switched back to my old ones and have been giving my hips a rest. I wanted to get out and do my final long run yesterday (10mi) but hip pain and weather prevented that. I'm just going to play it by ear these next two weeks till race day. I know I can do it, it's mostly just a mind game at this point since I've already done several of these race weekends in the past, I just don't feel prepared if that makes sense.

I did, however, buy some Switfwik Vibe and Maxus running socks, and wooooooww are they glorious. I had been running in the Switfwik Aspire socks for years now, but wanted to try something with a bit more cushion. My toesies love them.

I feel like this was already asked, but does anyone know when the shirts will be revealed?

If you're referring to the race shirts, when the first person posts a picture on facebook from the expo! If you're referring to other shirts you can buy, it seems like they post a sneak peak a few days before the expo opens.

Speaking of shirts, am I the only one who has a problem with the deep v-necks they put on all the merchandised women's shirts?

For me, if they offered a men's xs I wouldn't have so much of a problem with them, but as it stands there's always a choice between being a flasher or wearing a smock. (*hint* Smock or no sale wins!)

If you're referring to the race shirts, when the first person posts a picture on facebook from the expo!

Yes, race shirts - thanks!

I just checked last year’s thread and we saw pics of the race shirts on 2/22.

So that was the Wednesday before the weekend, so maybe on 2/21 this year?? Thanks! My niece wants to figure out what shorts she should pack to go with the shirt :)

Wow, really surprising that they released the preview so early! I like that purple and grey challenge jacket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter