2018 Princess Half Marathon

Someone convince me to do one more long run next weekend. I haven’t done one since 10 miles on 1/21 although I have been running consistently since then and improving my pace on shorter runs. The long runs are just so tedious for me, I need someone to guilt trip me into doing one last one.

Haha - no guilt, but how about support?? I'll be doing 12 on Saturday - my longest run since a half marathon back in 2015 :scared: Not looking forward to it. And they're predicting another round of snow and ice here this week, so I'm thinking the trail is not going to work - ugh.

We're all in this together - I bet most on this thread will be a doing a long run this weekend - hang in there and let us know how it goes :thumbsup2

Someone convince me to do one more long run next weekend. I haven’t done one since 10 miles on 1/21 although I have been running consistently since then and improving my pace on shorter runs. The long runs are just so tedious for me, I need someone to guilt trip me into doing one last one.

I'm planning to do 4/10 next weekend. All on the treadmill, unfortunately. It's not fun, but it will be worth it in the end.

I ran 9 miles yesterday, my first run since Hot Chocolate 15K a week prior. I was busy doing horse stuff all week and it just didn't fit well. The first 4 miles were awful, but around 4.5 everything relaxed and it started to feel really good. Am hoping to get one shorter run in mid week and then to 4/10ish over the weekend for a back to back and then its taper time!! :)

As pp said, we'll all be suffering with you! The long runs really are so important so that your body is conditioned to run that long. I hate them too and I can't wait until the 12 this weekend is done. Maybe plan a fun celebration after, like a lunch out, or treat yourself to a new outfit or something.

I managed to get in 11 yesterday despite the continued coughing. Then I went out today for a shorter run and had to turn around early due to intestinal distress. I think my body is mad at me, lol.

Also I wanted to thank whoever suggested audio books. I've been listening to one for the first half of my long runs so I zone out and then I put on some pump me up tunes to get through the second half.

I ran 9 miles yesterday, my first run since Hot Chocolate 15K a week prior. I was busy doing horse stuff all week and it just didn't fit well. The first 4 miles were awful, but around 4.5 everything relaxed and it started to feel really good. Am hoping to get one shorter run in mid week and then to 4/10ish over the weekend for a back to back and then its taper time!! :)

I did the Hot Chocolate 15K last weekend, too, and your description of your long run experience yesterday could be mine. The first 4 miles felt like they took FOREVER, and then suddenly it seemed much easier.

Of course, this could have also been because this long run was not on the “hills” of Allen Parkway. o_O

Saw sports med doc today...he thinks it is ITB issue. Sending me to physical therapy. If no improvement, then x-rays and an injection to get me thru Princess.

Crossing fingers that PT works!

ETA: Did 1.5 slow miles on the treadmill this evening with no major stabbing pain!

Last edited:
I'll be doing 5 on Saturday and 12 on Sunday...both on the treadmill since it is still snowy and icy here :crazy2: I'm doing the Galloway training plan but don't want to run 13.1 before race day, so 12 will have to do! Hopefully I'll be able to settle into a movie and the miles will go by quickly!

Hey everyone! I am not running the Princess Half Marathon, but I was interested in volunteering. I have never volunteered at a RunDisney race before. Anyone know how I can get more info on that?

Hey everyone! I am not running the Princess Half Marathon, but I was interested in volunteering. I have never volunteered at a RunDisney race before. Anyone know how I can get more info on that?

There is a website here: https://www.rundisney.com/volunteer/

It opens up a few months in advance of the race and fills up very quickly. The waitlist for the Princess weekend is all that is available right now.

Yep. It opened something like November 14 and by the time I remembered a day or so later (we were thinking of volunteering for the 5k) it was waitlist then too. Volunteering is popular!
Interesting! I will try and sign up earlier in the future. I will still try and be there, but looks like I'll just be cheering you all on instead of handing out water.

I'm in corral E. My friend and I are running together. She is a seasoned runner but never done a Disney event or park in her life. I talked to her today because she couldn't figure out her corral. Yeah... she's in A. I knew she was a lot faster than me but didn't realize she was that fast. She says she is goin to come back and join me so I guess this is going to be a light jog on a spring morning for her. It's all getting so real! Just a couple more weeks!

@daisyray4 Those "hills" of Allen parkway and the ridiculous down and back on the underpass were more than a bit ridiculous! Plus all the silly little out and back segments on side streets. Oh well. It was fun but I was a little sad to see absolutely no on course support (other than the water stops). No spectators to be found haha.

I also agree with you on the LE bands. Love those Magicbands but they will be gone long before I hit the Expo. My friends don't get in until Friday and I am planning on just waiting and going with them (rather than going twice) and spending Thurs afternoon and evening in Hollywood Studios.

Which means the real question is should I cough up the money for the Star Wars Dessert Party...?

I'm in corral E. My friend and I are running together. She is a seasoned runner but never done a Disney event or park in her life. I talked to her today because she couldn't figure out her corral. Yeah... she's in A. I knew she was a lot faster than me but didn't realize she was that fast. She says she is goin to come back and join me so I guess this is going to be a light jog on a spring morning for her. It's all getting so real! Just a couple more weeks!

My husband is always in A, but comes back to corral E with me. He gets a little annoyed at the cluster at the front, but we always have a great time, so I know you guys will too!

Leaving 2 weeks from today! I can't wait! Just finalized my grocery order and now to decide if I want to rent a double stroller or not...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter