2020 runDisney Virtual Summer Series

I wanted the Haunted Mansion and the Tea Party. We had to have my husband do one instead because if I registered for both it gave an error message of “this participant is already registered for another event at the same time”.

It's beyond upsetting really! As a DVC member do you know how much we give Disney? Also... we fly there 2-3 times a year from Germany! And they can't ship us a medal?!?!!? :worried:
I agree. I’m dvc too. $8000 a year in dues, plus APs for five and all we spend on dining. Pretty disgusting that they won’t spring for shipping. We even pay a shipping surcharge for these races historically, so they are not shouldering shipping costs alone.

Haven’t signed up for these in the past but I figured my oldest would like them. His school started their spring run club only three weeks before everything shut down. His coach has still been sending workouts and as of right now, their June race is still on. But who knows. Plus he is bummed because he is supposed to be in Disney with my parents right now.

It was cool to surprise him a few minutes ago and I looked forward to spending time with him running these.

I agree. I’m dvc too. $8000 a year in dues, plus APs for five and all we spend on dining. Pretty disgusting that they won’t spring for shipping. We even pay a shipping surcharge for these races historically, so they are not shouldering shipping costs alone.

You would think with what is happening in the world right now that they would want all the money they can get! It's actually mind blowing!

I decided to do the Tea Party and have the medal shipped to my parents since they won't ship overseas. I needed to do a little something Disney since I don't think our summer trip will be happening...with the Crown being so bad though the challenge felt a little steep......One was a good compromise (so I'm telling myself)

Finally got through and registered.

Question... is there any reason why they wouldn’t just sell an infinite amount of these... especially under the circumstances...? So take longer to produce the medals... 🤷‍♀️

I'm in for the virtual. I tried talking my daughter into it, but a no go. Still waiting on my email, but did take a screenshot of my confirmation page and info. I'm not usually into virtual races but decided a while back to do these because I like the theme (and need a reason to get out and run). Now, back to teaching virtually and online meetings.

Just a heads up for anyone still in queue - another device might get you in faste

We had three devices going and it was the second one (a laptop) that got in first. The phone and iPad never got in at all by the time the computer was done even though the iPad was the first to get into the queue.

I wanted the Haunted Mansion and the Tea Party. We had to have my husband do one instead because if I registered for both it gave an error message of “this participant is already registered for another event at the same time”.

I had that happen too, great idea on registering another person!

I jut wrote them a very strongly worded letter. May not help, but they need the negative feedback.

Hahaha I just did the same!!! I just used the Poly's address (my home resort) for the contact information! I mean, they can take the shipping costs out of my annual dues, thanks!

Can someone explain the Challenge medal to me. Just 5 years and five “coupons” for each year? I feel like I’m missing something....:confused3

Can someone explain the Challenge medal to me. Just 5 years and five “coupons” for each year? I feel like I’m missing something....:confused3

It's the old fashion ticket book from back when the parks first opened. Each attraction was a different ticket type - E ticket attractions were the best, A ticket were things like the Main Street vehicles. You used to buy a ticket book and then use the tickets to go on the rides in the parks.

It looks just like the old coupon books. I love it for the nostalgia aspect. The five levels of rides correspond to the five years, I suppose. It’s my favourite.

Hahaha I just did the same!!! I just used the Poly's address (my home resort) for the contact information! I mean, they can take the shipping costs out of my annual dues, thanks!
Great! It may make no difference, but they need to hear about it and from lots of us. For everyone who writes a letter, there are hundreds who don’t.

I was in queue for 40 minutes (plus 15 pre-registration), but did get to register. My phone went through before my laptop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter