2021 Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise to the Western Caribbean! June 12, 2021!

Sorry, my statement closed the day before the charge posted, so I’ll have to check next month. Agree with @poohj80 it should be eligible for the six months promo no interest as it has in the past for me as well.
Tom took a look today and was surprised, not in a good way.

I just looked at my Disney Chase Visa statement, and I don’t think it put my cruise purchase into the 6-months no interest category. Anybody else?
It is different this time....and you are correct, not in the 6 months, no interest category!!
Is anyone reaching out to either DVC or Chase? I checked my statement from last year when I booked Alaska DVC MC and the entry / description reads the same for both charges. So I’m wondering if it is something different with the way the charges were coded on DVC side - ie coded as a DVC expense similar to annual dues rather than as a vacation related charge. That’s the only thing I can think of. Though my charge shows in the Travel expense category....

Has anybody received any "paperwork" regarding the cruise. When we received our follow up call they stated that we should get an email and snail mail confirmation in two weeks that would include the permanent confirmation number. Still have no information when logging into the DVC website nor the DCL website. Is everyone else in the same boat.

I talked to member services this week about this very question. She was very helpful and said that right now, the cruise inventory is still with DVC. Once it gets transfered back to DCL, we will get an email with a DCL confirmation number. Since the cruise still isn't currently sold out I think it might be awhile before we see that confirmation. She was able to verify that we were booked and paid in full.

I talked to member services this week about this very question. She was very helpful and said that right now, the cruise inventory is still with DVC. Once it gets transfered back to DCL, we will get an email with a DCL confirmation number. Since the cruise still isn't currently sold out I think it might be awhile before we see that confirmation. She was able to verify that we were booked and paid in full.
I check the DCL Navigator app about once a week - in the past, it’s shown up there at least a week before I get the mailed paperwork and a few days before the email.

I checked my Chase statement the last time we paid for a Member Cruise and the full balance did appear in the Qualified Promotional Financing section. The charge was also to DVC just as this latest one shows.

Hi everyone! I booked my family on this 2nd member cruise for us yesterday😀. We did the 2017 member cruise and had so much fun, we decided to do it again, especially since this time the timing was working for us. We were very surprised that there were so many categories still available, but I guess too many people are worried about COVID to attempt to book. Our future son in law refuses to join us because of COVID fears, so it will be DH and I in one cabin, our two grown DDs in the other cabin. Our family has been through a lot of trials since our last member cruise, and with the world turning upside down with all the COVID uncertainty, we have decided to take a positive outlook about making plans, including planning this trip 10 months out. When we were speaking with the CM, she mentioned it would be about a month before we got our confirmation from DCL, and at that time we would be able to look on the web site to see everything.

Hi everyone! I booked my family on this 2nd member cruise for us yesterday😀. We did the 2017 member cruise and had so much fun, we decided to do it again, especially since this time the timing was working for us. We were very surprised that there were so many categories still available, but I guess too many people are worried about COVID to attempt to book. Our future son in law refuses to join us because of COVID fears, so it will be DH and I in one cabin, our two grown DDs in the other cabin. Our family has been through a lot of trials since our last member cruise, and with the world turning upside down with all the COVID uncertainty, we have decided to take a positive outlook about making plans, including planning this trip 10 months out. When we were speaking with the CM, she mentioned it would be about a month before we got our confirmation from DCL, and at that time we would be able to look on the web site to see everything.
:welcome:
Which MC have you been on, and any favorite memories to share?
Yes, we are all being positive!!

Bobbi:boat:

DVC says to take up the MC charge with the credit card company.

So, that’s next.

:welcome:
Which MC have you been on, and any favorite memories to share?
Yes, we are all being positive!!

Bobbi:boat:
We were on the 2017 7 night eastern Caribbean. As it was our first member cruise, and even though we had read about all the wonderful gifts that each of us would receive, we were still blown away by the amount, and quality of the gifts every evening. We still use a number of the items.

We sailed on the 2019 Bermuda cruise and were amazed by all the special guests on-board. SO many Disney Legends! We didn't mind the additional day at sea as it resulted in even more interactions with them.

OK, Called Chase.

According to the person we talked to, the change will be corrected. He will bump my inquiry up to the next level and we will get a letter telling us of the change.

So, my suggestion is for everyone to call Chase. When I do get the letter, I will post here.

With our payment will be 1/6 of the cruise charge with the normal amount we pay.

Bobbi :boat:

OK, Called Chase.

According to the person we talked to, the change will be corrected. He will bump my inquiry up to the next level and we will get a letter telling us of the change.

So, my suggestion is for everyone to call Chase. When I do get the letter, I will post here.

With our payment will be 1/6 of the cruise charge with the normal amount we pay.

Thanks for the update. I’m hoping Chase would figure out what went wrong and proactively correct for everyone impacted, but will check carefully when I get my statement in a couple of weeks.

OK, Called Chase.

Yea!! Thanks, Bobbi! It was on my to-do list for this week, but I fell behind. Glad to know there’s precedent to get it corrected!

Just got my statement and the balance was not included with the 0% offer. Have sent them a message but will call if not corrected in a couple days.

Just got my statement and the balance was not included with the 0% offer. Have sent them a message but will call if not corrected in a couple days.
Then it’s not looking good for me, as I’ll get my statement at the end of the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter