Status
Not open for further replies.
By this time me and Henry had begun discussing getting engaged and I had started looking at rings, we both decided a Disney wedding was the way to go, we wanted to keep it intimate with close family and friends and have a fantastic holiday with everybody there. Fast forward to last weekend and Henry proposed , here is the story;

Me and and my lovely boyfriend were engaged on Friday evening - we had been discussing it for a while (we had picked a ring during Christmas) and even booked a wedding planning trip to WDW for October :rotfl2: (what can I say Virgin had a flight sale on :rotfl: )

I came home from work on Friday and Henry said to get in the car as we were going away - he said he had already packed my things. We set off in the car and he put on a cd he had made of all my favourite disney songs for me to listen too - the Little Mermaid, Enchanted, High School Musicial etc, by the point I was already crying :sad: with joy though!

We drove for about an hour and then reached Whinstone Lodge - a new development of 5 luxury lodges and a bistro restaurant (here is their website they have come nice photos on there http://www.whinstoneview.com/Welcome.html).

We pulled up to our lodge, and got out, Henry said all my clothes were inside :confused3 (I was very confused by this point)

Here is our lodge

013-1.jpg

and the views from the lodge
011-2.jpg

012-2.jpg

When we got inside all my clothes were unpacked (two suitcases full as Henry didnt know what to bring :lmao: ), and there was champagne and flowers:

001-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

004-3.jpg

Henry then sat me down and proposed - I said yes of course! Here is my ring :goodvibes

023.jpg

and some more photos of the interior of the lodge

002-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-2.jpg

008-1.jpg

We then went for dinner at the Bistro on the grounds, which was lovely

014-2.jpg

and then drank the rest of our champagne in our outdoor hot tub!

The next day we went to York for the day, this is where we first went too when ]

Welcome and congrats on the engagement! You will have so much fun planning. It's awesome that you've been to Disneyland Paris so many times...that's definitely a dream of mine. I look forward to reading more about your plans.

Congratulations on your engagement! I love your story so far! What a great engagement- the lodge looks so romantic and your ring is beautiful! I am also a December 2010 escape bride so we can count down together and keep each other on track:cool1: . I'm excited to follow along with your plans!

Welcome and congrats on the engagement! You will have so much fun planning. It's awesome that you've been to Disneyland Paris so many times...that's definitely a dream of mine. I look forward to reading more about your plans.

Eeeee - love your PJ Gemma!!!!!

Congratulations on your engagement! I love your story so far! What a great engagement- the lodge looks so romantic and your ring is beautiful! I am also a December 2010 escape bride so we can count down together and keep each other on track . I'm excited to follow along with your plans!

Thank you for your lovely messages, I have to attend a funeral tomorrow so wont be back on for a couple of days

Polynesian Bride- have you picked your wedding day? I thought maybe a Wednesday since I thought it might be quieter?

Don't be pressured to invite people you don't want to. If you can only afford a certain number of people then that is your limit. Good luck with your planning.

hiya, another UK bride to be here! its so great that you have started a PJ! I am going to be a Nov 18 or 19th 2010 bride, so ill be just before you!

The engagement was so so cute! It was really thoughtful and personal!

I will definately be following all your plans!

Don't be pressured to invite people you don't want to. If you can only afford a certain number of people then that is your limit. Good luck with your planning.

hiya, another UK bride to be here! its so great that you have started a PJ! I am going to be a Nov 18 or 19th 2010 bride, so ill be just before you!

The engagement was so so cute! It was really thoughtful and personal!

I will definately be following all your plans!

Thank you both for your messages, yes Chilly I am going to be strong and make sure this we get what we want :thumbsup2 .

I've been eading your PJ malibustacey its sounds fab - your much more organised than me! I'm jealous about your upcoming WDW trip!

oooh we are very excited.. we are going to look at the wedding locations because we will noy be able to afford to go out for a planning session nearer the wedding. We are going to make the most of the trip this time- and spend as much time as we can in the parks because we wont be going back until the wedding next Nov!!

Just a quick update, were off to a wedding fayre in Newcastle tomorrow - were very excited we want to get some ideas, and hopefully gets some ideas for locations for our wedding reception at home :goodvibes

oooh good luck! I havent even thought about having an at home reception yet... i think i would want one, but im not that fussed- plus i'd rather spend more money on the disney wedding hehe!!

You could find some good deals / bargains tomorrow, with jewellry, dresses and suits.. so keep a look out! hehe!

Wow your ring is lovely!

I'm so so suprised I've never heard of the place that you got engaged, considering its about 3 miles from my home house! It look so nice, I'm definitely going to have a look next time I'm home from uni :)

Polynesian Bride- have you picked your wedding day? I thought maybe a Wednesday since I thought it might be quieter?

We originally set the date for Friday Dec 10. Hopefully beat the crowds but still take advantage of Disney being decorated for Christmas... not to mention the value rates! However when we went to Disney we went Dec 13-18 last month we decided to change. The day we got there Dec 13 was a Friday and was crazy busy... we stopped by the Polynesian around 4:30 and it was a total ZOO by OHana (which doesn't even open til 5). The parks didn't seem too crowded the next day Saturday but the crowds got progressively worse each day we were there as it got closer to Christmas which is Disney's busiest time. So we decided to move the date back just a little to Monday Dec 6, 2010. It doesn't seem like 4 days would make a huge difference but I think at this time of year it does. And weekday definately seemed to make a difference at OHana compared to weeked and this makes a huge difference to us since we will have our meal there after the wedding... if you are doing a private dining location it may not make as big of a difference. Hope this helps! Good luck!

We originally set the date for Friday Dec 10. Hopefully beat the crowds but still take advantage of Disney being decorated for Christmas... not to mention the value rates! However when we went to Disney we went Dec 13-18 last month we decided to change. The day we got there Dec 13 was a Friday and was crazy busy... we stopped by the Polynesian around 4:30 and it was a total ZOO by OHana (which doesn't even open til 5). The parks didn't seem too crowded the next day Saturday but the crowds got progressively worse each day we were there as it got closer to Christmas which is Disney's busiest time. So we decided to move the date back just a little to Monday Dec 6, 2010. It doesn't seem like 4 days would make a huge difference but I think at this time of year it does. And weekday definately seemed to make a difference at OHana compared to weeked and this makes a huge difference to us since we will have our meal there after the wedding... if you are doing a private dining location it may not make as big of a difference. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the advice! As we are coming from the U.K were planning on doing 10 days at wdw and a 4 day DCL cruise, so were pretty flexible about what day to have the wedding on. We were thinking Wednesday or Thursday 8/9 Dec 2010, but I might have to change it as too see which day usually has the cheapest flights? We are planning on Citricos at the moment but going to check out dining on our October trip!:thumbsup2

Congratulations to you both! pixiedust: Your ring is GORGEOUS! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans :goodvibes

Congratulations! You both must be so excited! I can't wait ans see how everything turns out, and if you don't mind let me recommend a video on you tube about disney weddings. You may have seen this before but I love watching it and it gives you a good idea of what a Disney wedding offers..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyHDvVcj9dw&feature=channel_page

Congratulations to you both! pixiedust: Your ring is GORGEOUS! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans :goodvibes

Thanks for your lovely messages, not done much wedding planning this weekend. I have been WDW planning for trip in October. We need to buy a new car so going to have to do some hard saving (as well as the wedding saving!) this month!:badpc:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter