Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick little update, going to going wedding dress shopping on Saturday with a friend who is also engagement - I am a bit scared by it all, so having someone else in the same boat will help me out!:)

I've also upgraded us to POFQ for our planning trip in September as a surprise for Henry for his birthday :goodvibes and we still need to buy a new car grrrr!

I've had a great idea for our "at home" reception, there is a beautiful restored art deco independent cinema in Newcastle called the Tyneside Cinema, you can hire our screens for private screenings - so I thought we could hire out a screen and show everyone our wedding, and then have a cocktail party in the bar upstairs? Whats great about is is you can even order drinks while you watch the films :goodvibes

Here are some photos there not too good though as its newly opened as it was restored last year:

This is it from the outside:
tyneside_cinema1143214223.jpg

1043_42_12---Tyneside-Cinema--Newca.jpg

This the little screen that is brand new

tyneside_cinema_15_470x353.jpg

and this is the classic screen

tyneside_cinema_18_470x353.jpg

What do you guys think?:)

ooh yeah definately- thats so unusual!! what a good idea, it will be even more special that you are going to show the wedding video.

Great thinking!

That sounds like a great idea.

ooh yeah definately- thats so unusual!! what a good idea, it will be even more special that you are going to show the wedding video.

Great thinking!

Thanks guys :goodvibes not sure how much it would be to hire it , but a friend of a friend is the manager so that may help :thumbsup2

I've also seen a dress on the Debenhams website that I love - I cant stop looking at it:

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_81649_301509_-1

I also like this one

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_81649_530533_-1

and this one (I love the back and beading)

http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/45021441&bklist=icat,5,shop,womencollections,bridal,bridaldresses#

I might see if I can try them on this weekend :goodvibes

GO AND TRY THEM ON TOMORROW!! and take a camera with you- take photos of them on you - with the dresses being in debenhams... you can definately take photos in the chaning rooms (not like silly bridal shops where they dont let you take photos)

i am trying on my dress again tomorrow - but i cant take photos - so try all you can to take photos and show us alll!! pretty please!! :thumbsup2

they are really nice dresses by the way- the first is really interesting - lots of detail bits on the skirt - v.nice!

GO AND TRY THEM ON TOMORROW!! and take a camera with you- take photos of them on you - with the dresses being in debenhams... you can definately take photos in the chaning rooms (not like silly bridal shops where they dont let you take photos)

i am trying on my dress again tomorrow - but i cant take photos - so try all you can to take photos and show us alll!! pretty please!! :thumbsup2

Hehe! I really want to try the first one on - I love it!! My bridesmaid lives in York so might ask my mum if she will gto with me on Sunday :)

go go go!! take a camera with you to!! get off the DIS boards and arrange it with your mum now!! tehehee!!

(i love seeing people in their wedding dresses!! )

Gemma - looooove the third dress!!! :):)

Thanks I do too - but I ahve fallen in love with the first one!

Our guest list is up to 16 now - and I think thats as high as it will go. Henrys parents are really excited about it all :) .

My bridesmaid Amy is coming up to Newcastle next weekend and were going wedding shopping :hyper:

Wow! Awesome plans!!!

Very nice colour choice!!!! A girl with taste!!!

Loooove the cookie and planning DVD idea! Why aren't I that smart? Let me know how the en mass thing goes!!

I have also been ebaying and have bought these totally cute Minnie wedding ears from Tokyo Disney

baby08jul3101.jpg

and this little mermaid scrapbook to get started on my wedding book :goodvibes

ade2_35.jpg

Just a quick little update, going to going wedding dress shopping on Saturday with a friend who is also engagement - I am a bit scared by it all, so having someone else in the same boat will help me out!:)

I've also upgraded us to POFQ for our planning trip in September as a surprise for Henry for his birthday :goodvibes and we still need to buy a new car grrrr!

I've had a great idea for our "at home" reception, there is a beautiful restored art deco independent cinema in Newcastle called the Tyneside Cinema, you can hire our screens for private screenings - so I thought we could hire out a screen and show everyone our wedding, and then have a cocktail party in the bar upstairs? Whats great about is is you can even order drinks while you watch the films :goodvibes

Here are some photos there not too good though as its newly opened as it was restored last year:

This is it from the outside:
tyneside_cinema1143214223.jpg

1043_42_12---Tyneside-Cinema--Newca.jpg

This the little screen that is brand new

tyneside_cinema_15_470x353.jpg

and this is the classic screen

tyneside_cinema_18_470x353.jpg

What do you guys think?:)

I adore the cinema idea!!! Gemma, do you know how much it costs to hire?? That sounds perfect for my hen do! My friends would love that!!

Bob xoxoxoxox

I love your plans so far i dont blame you pinching sara-jaynes pic her wedding was beautiful

My cookies are being made :goodvibes The lady at the bakery where they are being made thought I didnt need them until December 2010!:lmao: I quickly corrected and asked for them ASAP!:)

Hello i dont know if you were interested but they had some beautiful bridesmaids dress' in the colour you want in BHS which were gorgoues

on the internet they actually look a little darker

gemmybear.jpg

gemmybear2.jpg

Wow Gemma! Looks like everything is really coming together for you! Congrats on picking your date (only 3 days after mine:cool1: ). The colors look beautiful and I really like the first bridesmaid dress you posted! I also LOVE the cinema idea you had for the reception- that would be perfect and so much fun! I think your guests will love it! Can't wait to hear more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter