3/5/2005 Eastern Cruisers?

CRSNDSNY

DIS Veteran
Is there anyone out there for the March 5 - 12, 2005 Eastern yet?

I just made my reservation today! Hope to meet some fellow cruisers soon! :)

Hi CRSNDSNY -

We are also sailing on 3/5/05! We were on last years' Halloween cruise and had a wonderful time. We are:

Carole (myself)
John - DH
Rachel - DD (10)
Tessa - DD (7)

We are all looking forward to cruising again. Watching the other night's episode of According to Jim got us excited all over again.

Who is cruising with you?

Hi Carole! This is great! I'm so happy to see someone reply to this thread!

It will be me and my DH. It is my 4th Disney cruise and his 3rd. We did the Eastern itinerary for our honeymoon in 2001. We can't wait! Doesn't it seem so far away?

Do you have first or second seating?
Do you have a stateroom assignment yet?
What are some of the things you're looking forward to?

It's great to meet you! :wave2:

Melody

Hi Melody -

We have the first seating for dinner. I think that it's a little easier to eat early with the kids.

We are in room 5020. That's one of the secret porthole rooms.

We are looking forward to doing many things. One thing that we definately want to do is visit the butterfly museum on St. Martaan. We had wanted to do this in Key West on the last cruise but our plans got screwed up. I also can't wait to see the Golden Mickey show.

What seating for dinner do you have? What is your room number?

I agree with you that it seems so far away, but we will be moving this summer from Long Island to Las Vegas so I think time will go by pretty quickly for us. Where do you live?

Hi Carole!
We have the second dinner seating...no kids yet (hopefully, someday!!!). That's awesome that you got a secret porthole room! I was 2 cabins away from you on my last cruise in 5016. I think you'll like the location! This cruise we are in CAT8 7514.

Are you planning on doing the Disney Butterfly Farm Excursion in St. Maarten? If so, we did that on our honeymoon in 2001 and it was a lot of fun. It happens earlier in the day, so you'll even have time afterwards to go to a beach. If you are interested, go to www.thebutterflyfarm.com -- that's the Farm's official website.

WOW :earseek: -- That's a big move you're making! NY to LV?! Wow. We're in Northeastern Pennsylvania.

I can't wait for my husband to see Golden Mickeys. I saw it with my Mom last December and it quickly replace Disney Dreams as my favorite show. It is phenomenal.

Hi Melody,

How are you doing? Thanks for the information about the butterfly museum. My daughter can't wait to go.

I have got a friend that just went on the Eastern cruise last week and had a fantastic time. She said that she enjoyed it much more than the Western cruise. She felt that it was much more relaxing since there is the extra sea day. Since you have already been on the Eastern, do you agree with her?

Can't believe that the cruise is still so far away. At least it is now less than a year away.

I wonder if other people will start responding to this thread soon. I would like to get some penpals for my DDs. We did this with our last cruise and it was great for them to make friends before we even got on the ship!

Hope you and your husband are well!

Did you get more snow?

Hi Carole!

For our honeymoon in 2001, we went on the Eastern -- it was our first cruise ever. We haven't been on the Western, but I've been on two 4-days since then. The reason we chose the Eastern again is for a few reasons. First, the extra sea day is a bonus. Second, this cruise is during the college's spring break (I work for a college) so the timing is perfect. Third, we just never had any interest in the Mexican ports of call. Don't know why, but they just don't interest us. We're really excited for the Eastern again.

I'm hoping now that everyone is back from this cruise this year, that many rebooked and will find our thread. It'll be great to get to know some DISrs before cruising. Maybe we can do a Palo brunch or something! :)

Take care,
Melody

Sorry I've been out of touch. We're in the process of selling out house and finding a new house in Las Vegas.

Hope you had a good holiday!

Anybody else out there that will be sailing with us?

Originally posted by carole88
Sorry I've been out of touch. We're in the process of selling out house and finding a new house in Las Vegas.

Hope you had a good holiday!

Anybody else out there that will be sailing with us?

Hi Carole! I hope everything with the move is going well. I can't imagine making such a big move! :)

We switched our cruise date, though. We bought annual passes and decided to go to Disney in March 05 instead -- trying to get our money's worth! We switched our cruise to September but are also waiting to see the summer 05 releases.

It was great meeting you, though. Maybe we'll cruise together in the future! :)

Hi you two! I am also in the March 5, 2005 cruise. It is me and my two girls who will be 10 and 14. WE are also traveling with another family who has a DD who will be 11. It will be our 2nd cruise, I am so busy planning! We are first rotation and haven't booked an excursion yet, want to snorkle at Trunk and chill on Meagan's Bay. Look forward to hearing from you over the next 300 days!
:wave2:

Sorry to see the (original poster, change her plans :( ) But nice to meet you guys!

This is supposed to of been our 1st cruise. BUT we kind of chickened out. We just recently opted to try the 3 day wonder, for a try - out and see if we like the whole cruise experience. I have been on 1 cruise years and years ago and it was TERRIBLE & my sister has never been, But we are die hard disney fans & finally decided to give it a whirl. :earseek: My original cruise was with norwiegan cruise lines to the caribean, but totally wrong ship :crazy: wrong crowd (age wise), wrong activities, wrong travel agent, boring. I could not wait to get off that boat. :hyper:

This cruise will be my sister and myself! Both single, have 2nd seating at dinner. and stateroom # 8042. I'm still trying to figure out how my sis & I can get the REAS pkg ( I like the ressie's, spa pkg, & breakfast) (hold the rose petals) for us?

But if the Wonder trip, isn't what we hope, we may not go ahead with the magic? I'm very optimistic, can't see how I won't like something disney, but you never know. :smooth:

I feel like a complete newbie here too. We have gone to wdw, for years, and I could write my own guide books. :earseek: But now its like, you are completely lost, and the unkown really bother's me. How do you do this, where is that? what do you where? etc...... :yo-yo: :yo-yo: :yo-yo:

Well heres to happy planning! ::yes:: Keep in touch.

MKY princess: aka: Laura

Our family is booked on this cruise!! :bounce: We are Mom, Dad and a Toddler. This will be Mom and Dad's 7th cruise, Toddler's first. It will be our first time on a Disney cruise as well.

We decided to go on Disney because we wanted a family friendly cruise. WIth other cruiselines, the family friendliness depends a lot on the passenger mix which can vary widely from cruise to cruise.

I'll be hanging around here more often. Hope to find other couples with Toddlers.

:earsboy:

Glad to see you are booked! I sailed on the Wonder for a 4-day trip too March's ago- I have 2 girls, 10 and 14.
Sailing on the Wonder was the best trip of my life and I can't wait to do the Magic.
I am a planning maniac.... can't wait to talk to you over the next few months.
:wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

I am doing a lot of research about a pre-cruise stay in the area. I am planning to fly in a couple of days before the cruise. Traveling with Toddler, we are a little bit more restricted as to where we can stay. I am also researching shore excursion suitable for Toddler and enjoyable for Mom and Dad. Tons of planning left to do, but planning is a lot of fun.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :wave:

Glad to see others joining this thread. My girls will be 11 and 8 when we cruise. We were on the Magic last Halloween and had an absolute blast! We went to Florida one day early and stayed at the Raddison. For our next trip I am looking into the new Ron Jon's Resort.

Hope everybody has a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter