• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

7 am flight where to stay last night?

poohraedopey

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if it is easier to check out the last day of the trip from disney area hotel since we will NOT be doing disney that day anways then get close by the rental place and airport to stay cheapo for the night? I see people getting hotels for like $15 a night near the airport off priceline. If I get super cheap that night I can up my choice for the rest of our stay with the savings.

What do you do?

I've gotten the Radisson Orlando Airport Hotel for $15 on Expedia and $20 on Priceline. A real nice hotel with a free shuttle. Both times I bid for a 3 star in the airport area.

Thank you! I was thinking if we do that I may even be able to turn in the rental car the night before and not pay that extra day?

Be sure to take into account that a rental car "day" is a 24 hour period, not a calandar day. Knowing this, you may not save anything returning the car the night before, unless of course your 24 hour day ends at night.

You can save yourself some much needed time by returning the car at your leisure the day before and having the hotel shuttle pick you up from the airport. Then you won't have to worry about the hassle of returning it before a 7am flight.

Before you turn in the car make sure your hotel has a 24 hour shuttle. Some don't and if they don't start until an hour before your flight you could be in trouble.

Also make sure that the rental car is really on an "extra day" - not weekly - rate plan at that point because returning a car too early can bump you from a lower weekly rate to the daily rate (this is how they keep business rentals higher than leisure.)

Thank you. Ye sI am sure I have an extra day tacked on to my weekly rate. I also have that day as a "free" day with a coupon so I'm not worried abotu getting the car back by a certain time and getting charged it doenst matter. Just want to make sure the car is back and we are close enoguh to the airport to make the flight and all on time!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter