8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a true story, not last year, but the year before, DW is going through the Disney catalog looking at Halloween costumes for DS (5 at the time). She asks him which one he would like. Which does he pick?

KIM POSSIBLE (the cheerleading one)!!!!! :scared1:

Luckily he finally picked the Captain Jack one.

He still watch KP though every week.

DH just HAD to have his picture take with Kim Possible at MGM last year.

Dirty Old Man.

Here's a true story, not last year, but the year before, DW is going through the Disney catalog looking at Halloween costumes for DS (5 at the time). She asks him which one he would like. Which does he pick?

KIM POSSIBLE (the cheerleading one)!!!!! :scared1:

Luckily he finally picked the Captain Jack one.

He still watch KP though every week.

:lmao: That's cute! Kids at that age just know what they like, and who gives a hoot what other people think, right?!?! :thumbsup2

Since y'all weren't good at Math, let's try the world's easiest History and Geography Quiz:

1) How long did the Hundred Years war last?
2) What country makes Panama hats?
3) From which animal do we get catgut?
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?
6) The Canary Islands are named after what animal?
7) What was King George VI's first name?
8) What color is a purple finch?
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
10) How long did the Thirty Years War last?

:wizard:

Slumber Party!!!!

Chrissie

It would be the "Biggest Slumper Party" WDW would ever have! Can you just imagine? We could all bring our favorite
movies and watch them all night!!!!!

Do you think the Magic would let us borrow the big Screen at Goofey's pool one night? We are pirates aren't we???pirate:

:wave: Hi everyone. No way to ever catch up with all the chatter, but I thought I'd pop in for a minute to see what's going on currently. I'm still trying to figure it out... guess I should go back a few more pages. :confused3

Hi Robin! Nice to see you!

Oh my, I'm more than 20 pages behind, time to play ketchup!!!

I love this type of dog - and I for one think they are beautiful. One time I tried to describe them to the family and all I heard from them was - "What the heck is a Wigman?"

I especially love their eyes. What is the color range on this type of dog?

Are they family friendly too? :)

Weimaraners (E's at the ends, A's in the middle - I'd had my first Weim for 2 years before I could remember how to spell it!) are born with sky blue eyes. The color fades and they turn to yellow (they go through a "green" phase in the middle). Their eyes continue to darken as they age to a very dark amber. A very small percentage (about 5%) will keep a very pale blue eye for their lifetimes. I've never had one like that and I've had Weims for 20 years.

They are a family friendly dog - but are large and energetic. I don't typically recommend puppies for families with small children (under 5) neither the kid nor the puppy has any self control - and it can be a bad mix. I usually send families with small kids to our rescue organizaitons for an older dog (read: one with some sense!). This is a breed where either you own them or they own you. And if they own you - you have a potentially serious problem. It's a thinking person's dog. They will completely engage you emotionally, intellectually, and physically. Definitely not a breed for everybody.

If you're interested in learning more about the breed wander over to the FAQ on our (really, really out of date) website: www.graenit.com

With everyone talking about their poochies, and showing pics, I'd like to share what I have as the wallpaper on my laptop. This pic is of our beloved Midnight who is no longer with us, but he was one sweet and loveable doggie. We called him our buddy buddy. In this pic, he laid on the floor with this cup on his head for about 30 minutes without moving. I miss my buddy buddy. :sad1:

He'll be waiting for you. The joy went out of dogs for me for a while when we lost Benton (my Avatar). But, now his great-grandson, Taiko, is here, and while he doesn't fill the space that Ben left - he's making a new one - and touching me in ways only his great-grandpa did.

I think dogs belong to us for different reasons. Sometimes it's becasue we feed them. Sometimes (usually the case in rescue) it's because they are grateful. Sometimes it's becasue we boss them about. But very, very occassionally, one comes along who gives you their soul. One who connects to us in a way few others do.

I think there is a place in our hearts where "Dog" goes. And a place in our hearts where "Midnight" or "Benton" or any of the others who really touch us go. Another dog can fill the "Dog" space, but that other space remains empty when we loose them, and the loss is that much greater.

Goodness, look how morose I've become. Certainly not the correct mood for a Friday afternoon! :)

Here's a pic of Angelina's cat Stefani, she was named after singer Gwen Stefani. She THINKS she is the queen of the house!!! :rotfl2:

Haven't you figured it out? Dogs have Masters. Cats have STAFF!

I think that it is great that the kids are exposed to music at such a young age. :) None of our elementary schools have a music program with instruments.

That's really too bad. It's helps them with so much more than just music. Both music and Instruments are required classes for our kids through 8th grade.

You win. Gracie doesn't do that. But she does like to make all her fuzzy blankets nude. She pulls all that stuff. same with tennis balls.

Love the picture they are beautiful. The lighter white blanket. I need one of those. Gracie loves that type of fabric. Haven't been able to find one. She use to have a toy that was made of that type of fleece and she wore it down to about 3" piece that she carried around all the time.

Best source for these kinds of blankets are your local dog show. PM me your location, and I'll look up the ones in your area.

All of our dog grooming places are called "SPAS".
I own my own pet sitting business and alot of the times I have to take them to get groomed.
I call it "Fluffed and Buffed!.

They come home looking beautiful. We even have one company that come to the house and grooms your pet.

Me, I'll take the naked dog. We can wash and dry three in 45 minutes! And we'll probably have to do that this weekend. They're beginning to stink up the place! :sad2:

Oh, I'll give you one even better . . . I had an electrical engineering professor for a 2nd year networking class. The man was older than God and he WROTE the textbook. However, his lectures were taken exactly from the textbook with little explanation of the math it took to get from step to another. On his first test, the class average was an ELEVEN (11)!!! I think it was only that high b/c we had 2 students that scored in the 90's . . they later became his grad student assistants .. .LOL I was thankful to pass!!:cool1::cool1:

This is the story I tell my boys when the struggle with their Algebra . . . and try to do everything in the head rather than doing it on paper . . .

Glad I'm not in college any more!

Are all Engineering schools like this? I experienced the same thing. You know, if the highest score in the class is 60 - there's either something wrong with the test, or something wrong with the instruction. In the end I never finished my ChemE. Got tired of getting a lower score, just cause I was a girl. :headache:

Speaking of SQUARES....

Here's our first game for the weekend....

HOW MANY SQUARES ARE THERE in the image BELOW?

The answer shall be multiquoted sometime this evening near midnite or available in CHAT tonight.​

I see 40.

I actually had a nightmare last night that we boarded the ship and we were at the sail away party.....the ship is starting to sail and I look at my dh and told him "OMGoodness....I forgot to pack clothes for myself!"

That's not a nightmare. That's an OPPORTUNITY!!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

AK! Look at the time! Gotta run. Auction meeting at school in 15 minutes! Catch you later!

I don't use a high setting...just enough for 10x13s if we want them. We can usually fit 800 on a 1GB card. We end up with 1000s of pictures to go thru...not all of them are printable but you never know when you will catch that perfect shot. :goodvibes

I shoot on the high setting but not RAW. My XTi can shoot in High + RAW but I really don't need that detail all the time. It helps to carry three 1GB, a 2GB and a few 526MB cards. I also usually take my laptop if I need to download.

I want lots of pictures because each trip is a TOAL even if it is our 7th cruise or 50th trip to WDW!
:3dglasses

Kids will be home soon.. I have to get dinner started here.. Its FISH night tonight.. I really dont like to make fish at home since it make the whoel house smell. but we are trying to eat healthier and loose some weight for this cruise..

Hopefully, I will be back later.. have grat afternoon everyone..

Bye Doreen!

Here's for VerandahMan...And Esteri-who's obviously been playing ketchup with all those multi-quotes!!! :scared1: :lmao:

fluffketchup.jpg

116 years
Ecuador
mostly sheep
October
mostly horses
Dogs
Albert
redish & brown
New Zealand
30 years

Extra Credit:
The Holy Roman Empire was neither Holy, Roman, nor an Empire

I shoot on the high setting but not RAW. My XTi can shoot in High + RAW but I really don't need that detail all the time. It helps to carry three 1GB, a 2GB and a few 526MB cards. I also usually take my laptop if I need to download.

I want lots of pictures because each trip is a TOAL even if it is our 7th cruise or 50th trip to WDW!
:3dglasses

I usually bought 528MB cards, but before this last trip I bought a 1GB. Then when I got home, after transferring to the computer, I back them up on a CD for the safe deposit box. Well, the 1GB cards don't fit on a CD. Guess I could start burning to DVD, but the computer that has that isn't the one we hold the pictures on. Why does DS(7) have a more powerful computer? :confused3

Ahhhh Andy I remember when you lost Midnight last year :grouphug: What an awesome doggie! What kind of dog? :grouphug: Everytime we lose a pet, I swear I won't get another one.....It's so incredibly painful to lose them.

:sad: You made me cry!

I lost my little girl three years this June while I was in London. She and I shared a pillow each night for over 17 years. Here she is sleeping with her favorite snowman.

SadieSnowman.jpg

Oh, that's cute! "Fluffed and Buffed"....I'll have to remember that.

Poor little guy, he was all excited thinking he was going someplace fun! The "spa" is in our vet's new office, so his excitement didn't last long. And how embarrassing....they call back on the speaker "Ash is here for his spa treatment"...:o And there were a couple of dogs who were sick.....I bet they wished they were only there for a spa treatment. :sad1:

How true!

Most of the dogs I take care of go to the same vet. So whenever I have to take them to the vet the staff is always curious on which one I am bringing in!

116 years
Ecuador
mostly sheep
October
mostly horses
Dogs
Albert
redish & brown
New Zealand
30 years

Extra Credit:

O.K. When are we going back to the Math portion of the D.A.T. (DIS Aptitude Test)?

116 years
Ecuador
mostly sheep
October
mostly horses
Dogs
Albert
redish & brown
New Zealand
30 years

Extra Credit:

OK M, now we know what you mean when you say:

"I know stuff"

I'm on your team for Trival Pursuit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter