90 day recovery status?

Timandalicia

DIS Veteran
Please point me to the discussion about this if one already exists.
If not, has anyone applied for 90 day recovery status? What were your results?
The wording says “may qualify” which makes me question if I would not be allowed to sail.
Thanks for any info.

There are several posts with people having experience with this. We started the process for my daughter who had recently recovered in order to not have a positive at port testing that would result in boarding denial- since you could be positive for 90 days. You will get a form on screening - drs note on letterhead- there are more specifics somewhere on a post. Note I’ve only seen this granted to not do testing at the port- vaccines I believe are still required regardless.

There are several posts with people having experience with this. We started the process for my daughter who had recently recovered in order to not have a positive at port testing that would result in boarding denial- since you could be positive for 90 days. You will get a form on screening - drs note on letterhead- there are more specifics somewhere on a post. Note I’ve only seen this granted to not do testing at the port- vaccines I believe are still required regardless.
My daughter and I are fully vacced. So we are good there. Just not sure if we are going to test negative. I am 10 days out today from my positive but haven't taken a new test yet. But if this system works, we won't have the worry. Good luck with your process.

I have read in one of my FB groups of people accepted and not having any trouble at the port.

Someone either on here or the other site posted this which I found very helpful. I cut and pasted and I am sorry I don't remember who posted it:

When you upload your vaccination card, it will show an option for claiming 90-day recovery in order to exempt from testing at the port. There will be instructions on what are needed in order to claim the exemption. You will need the COVID-positive test result issued by a lab or testing agency (like clinic or hospital) and a letter from a qualified doctor on an official doctor's office letterhead indicating that the doctor has examined you and declared you recovered from COVID infection and safe to travel again. Both documents must have your name, date of birth, and date of test and examination clearly listed. At-home self-diagnosis testing kit results are not accepted. Missing any of these and they will reject the document and the claim. DCL website doesn't mention this option and Safe Passage doesn't post their policy publicly online until you are logged into your account. Someone in this group have posted a screenshot of that recovery claim screen. You'll have to browse through the media section of this group to find it.
If you need straight from the source, call Safe Passage 877-250-5132 or email them at DCLsupport@inspirediagnostics.com with your full name as shown on reservation, reservation number, and contact number. Their call center runs 8 am to 8 pm EST 7 days a week but is closed until after New Year Day. Email is probably the best option so you have a hard copy to read and maybe post it for everybody in this group to see.

I am following this closely as my husband tested positive last week via a rapid test at home and hope to get a PCR test for both of us this week. If we test positive then I have to wait until we are both recovered, get to a dr and hopefully be cleared to travel. If not then we have to cancel. Cruise is January 22 and all docs have to be submitted 12 days before so cutting it very close.

I have read in one of my FB groups of people people accepted and not having any trouble at the port.

Someone either on here or the other site posted this which I found very helpful. I cut and pasted and I am sorry I don't remember who posted it:

When you upload your vaccination card, it will show an option for claiming 90-day recovery in order to exempt from testing at the port. There will be instructions on what are needed in order to claim the exemption. You will need the COVID-positive test result issued by a lab or testing agency (like clinic or hospital) and a letter from a qualified doctor on an official doctor's office letterhead indicating that the doctor has examined you and declared you recovered from COVID infection and safe to travel again. Both documents must have your name, date of birth, and date of test and examination clearly listed. At-home self-diagnosis testing kit results are not accepted. Missing any of these and they will reject the document and the claim. DCL website doesn't mention this option and Safe Passage doesn't post their policy publicly online until you are logged into your account. Someone in this group have posted a screenshot of that recovery claim screen. You'll have to browse through the media section of this group to find it.
If you need straight from the source, call Safe Passage 877-250-5132 or email them at DCLsupport@inspirediagnostics.com with your full name as shown on reservation, reservation number, and contact number. Their call center runs 8 am to 8 pm EST 7 days a week but is closed until after New Year Day. Email is probably the best option so you have a hard copy to read and maybe post it for everybody in this group to see.

MJ

Great. Thanks for the info.

I am not getting great info from that thread. I don't see anyone who has confirmed that they themselves have been able to board using the "recovery status". Do you know if that is stated anywhere?

Is there anyone out there that can confirm a case where Disney has allowed Recovery Status to board the ship?
Poster @LilyD uploaded the documentation for her child and they sailed in October.
Poster @LisaRN97 received the approval through SafePassage and I believe she sails this week.

I have read in one of my FB groups of people accepted and not having any trouble at the port.

I am following this closely as my husband tested positive last week via a rapid test at home and hope to get a PCR test for both of us this week. If we test positive then I have to wait until we are both recovered, get to a dr and hopefully be cleared to travel. If not then we have to cancel. Cruise is January 22 and all docs have to be submitted 12 days before so cutting it very close.

So just to be extra clear. On your Facebook group some people stated that they actually used this method?

Well just your positive test has to be 12 days prior. You don’t have to submit it to the site 12 days prior to cruising. Or am I understanding that incorrectly? Where is that information? Your doctor’s note can be 24 hours before you go can’t it?
My positive was the 28th. We are sailing the 17th.

So just to be extra clear. On your Facebook group some people stated that they actually used this method?

Well just your positive test has to be 12 days prior. You don’t have to submit it to the site 12 days prior to cruising. Or am I understanding that incorrectly? Where is that information? Your doctor’s note can be 24 hours before you go can’t it?
My positive was the 28th. We are sailing the 17th.

Yes, people said they used the method with no problem.

I actually can't get a firm date on how long before your cruise you can upload the 90 day documentation. I thought I read it was 12 days before the cruise and I am trying to find out exactly. 15 days before you CAN upload vax info to Safe Passage but I am not sure about how long you have to submit 90 day docs.

Where did you see your positive had to be 12 days before the cruise...it makes sense but I had not heard that

We are in the same boat! We tested today and don't have results yet but fully expecting positive based on the test results of the rest of the family. Both of us are vaccinated and boostered with very, very mild symptoms. BUT set to sail on the 24th (!). Also supposed to be flying to a football game on Saturday but 90% sure that won't be happening. We have tests setup later in the week to rule that out for sure. But very worried about being cleared to sail on the Wonder.

Yes, people said they used the method with no problem.

I actually can't get a firm date on how long before your cruise you can upload the 90 day documentation. I thought I read it was 12 days before the cruise and I am trying to find out exactly. 15 days before you CAN upload vax info to Safe Passage but I am not sure about how long you have to submit 90 day docs.

Where did you see your positive had to be 12 days before the cruise...it makes sense but I had not heard that
You have to have a doctor's note after 11 days of testing positive that says you are good to travel. You have to submit your covid 19 info to the safe passage portal 24 hours prior to cruise. Ergo...
While you are submitting your information on the safe passage portal it gives the option for the recovery status documentation. You don't have access to that portal until 14 days before you embark so you can't see it yet. 635379

I am not getting great info from that thread. I don't see anyone who has confirmed that they themselves have been able to board using the "recovery status". Do you know if that is stated anywhere?

Is there anyone out there that can confirm a case where Disney has allowed Recovery Status to board the ship?
Though we cancelled our cruise we did discuss with our travel agent and concierge person and we weee assured this was not going to be an issue as long as the documents were properly completed and the number of days was correct - I believe it was 12-90 days- we spent a lot of time counting the days to make sure we knew what day 1 was and what cruise day was counted as- because even if she was clear we were worried about us getting it so we scheduled pcrs on the very last day we could be positive and then clear for the cruise. At the end of the day the stress was too much for us and we rescheduled our cruise but I was confident from our conversations the 90 day recovery would be accepted at the port.

You have to have a doctor's note after 11 days of testing positive that says you are good to travel. You have to submit your covid 19 info to the safe passage portal 24 hours prior to cruise. Ergo...
While you are submitting your information on the safe passage portal it gives the option for the recovery status documentation. You don't have access to that portal until 14 days before you embark so you can't see it yet. View attachment 635379

Thank you for posting that. Where did you see that it can submitted up to 24 hours before sail date? That's the part that is worrying me.

Thanks.

MJ

I emailed Safe Passage tonight and they responded with this:

Good Evening,

Thank you for reaching out. Current requirements are: Any fully vaccinated guest who wishes to apply for 90 day recovered status will need to provide their proof of vaccination, their previous positive Covid test (taken between 90 and 11 days prior to their sail date), AND a current signed letter from their doctor stating that they are recovered from Covid and it is safe for them to travel. If a guest's 90 Day Recovered application is approved they will NOT need to take the embarkation NAAT test at port. Documents need to be uploaded into Safe Passage before sail date for validation. I hope this helps.

EDITED TO ADD: I emailed them back to find out what the latest day was that you could upload documents for this......here is their response:

You can upload documentation until 10pm the day before your sail.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to reach back out

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter