A complaint: lack of housekeeping

None of that is correct. They have absolutely offered aggressive hiring bonuses and they have also increased wages across the board, both for new hires and existing staff. That's the only reason they've been even to make the little progress they have. But there are limits. They're not going to pay housekeepers $90,000 just so you get your bed made every night.

Why the personal slam (“…just so you get your bed made every night”?)? Do you truly not realize how rude that comes across as?

And where in the world do you get $90,000? Disney is paying $14.90 an hour for housekeeping, about $31,000 a year.

Disney is reaping record profits in its parks division. If it opened its purse a little more it could fix its housekeeping problems.

None of that is correct. They have absolutely offered aggressive hiring bonuses and they have also increased wages across the board, both for new hires and existing staff. That's the only reason they've been even to make the little progress they have. But there are limits. They're not going to pay housekeepers $90,000 just so you get your bed made every night.

People are entitled to their own opinions but not their own facts.

"I don't like Animal Kingdom Lodge because the rooms are too dark" is an opinion that I disagree with. "I don't like Animal Kingdom Lodge because the walls in the guest rooms are blue" is a falsehood.

"Disney hasn't raised wages," "Disney could have all the housekeepers they want if they chose to," "Disney never told me that I wouldn't get daily housekeeping," and "Disney plans on eliminating daily housekeeping all together and are just using COVID as an excuse" are falsehoods.

Please point out where anyone stated, as fact, that Disney plans on eliminating daily housekeeping. It's all speculation. It is my opinion that daily housekeeping at some of the resorts will not return for a very long time if ever (looking at you All-Star Resorts). They are, most definitely, profiting off of the current situation. You seem quite triggered by the discussion of Disney housekeeping. If you are interested in facts, please point to, as fact, any Disney announcement that states full housekeeping is returning to all Disney resorts. You are speculating as well.

I am wondering how the drastically reduced room cleaning is hitting the mousekeepers in the pocket but seemingly not WDW. I doubt if most people are tipping well, if at all, for the current level of service. That doesn't hurt WDW at all but I imagine it does impact $17/hr employees in Orlando, FL.

I tip at the same level I always have, it’s rather petty to take your displeasure with Disney out on the front line cast members. IMHO

Why the personal slam (“…just so you get your bed made every night”?)? Do you truly not realize how rude that comes across as?

And where in the world do you get $90,000? Disney is paying $14.90 an hour for housekeeping, about $31,000 a year.

Disney is reaping record profits in its parks division. If it opened its purse a little more it could fix its housekeeping problems.
Disney isn’t going to open their purse, they’re going to open yours.

Disney isn’t going to open their purse, they’re going to open yours.

I think the frustration, for many, is, they did open our purses pretty wide with skyrocketing room rates and extremely limited discounts and the service is diminished. I can't imagine how much more room prices will be if or when they bring daily housekeeping back to all resorts.

Prices will continue rising until they can’t fill rooms, if crowds are any indication we’re not there yet. I don’t know how many times I heard people call this level of service unacceptable, but then they continue going telling Disney that it is acceptable.

It's all speculation.
No it isn't. Many people here are well-connected at all levels of the Walt Disney Company. They have friends and family members who range from Space Mountain operators to Animal Kingdom elephant keepers to HR managers to EVPs of Finance, and everything in between. Many people here are or have been cast members themselves. You can't say "I'm just speculating, therefore it's impossible that anyone else actually knows anything and they must only be speculating too."

Disney is paying $14.90 an hour for housekeeping, about $31,000 a year.
Dude that's just a lie. Housekeeping starts at $17 with a $1,000 signing bonus, and they get raises each year. Disney has held at least three jobs fairs and they have another one scheduled for next week.

Again, I'm not saying it's the most lucrative job on the planet or that you can go there and be rich, but $17 for an entry-level tipped position with no education or experience required is pretty darn good.

https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/...g-bonus-tuesday-march-15-2022/391/24403511872

They are, most definitely, profiting off of the current situation.
Maybe people don't have an accurate assessment of what "the current situation" actually is.

Do you know that Disney isn't selling all of their rooms because they don't have enough housekeepers to turn them over? There's demand to sell out resorts, but they're leaving rooms empty because they have no choice. It's not like they're filling every bed and then just not servicing them.

Did you get housekeeping daily because you tipped? Or did every room get housekeeping?
I can't imagine tipping when services are lacking or non-existant.
We got housekeeping everyday. We were on the club level and received full housekeeping everyday

they've actually made it clear that housekeeping will be limited. They're not alone. Hiring is difficult everywhere. People don't want the jobs. If it mattered so much to me I would be looking for vacation places that placed a priority on being fully staffed, and those places probably charge more. The prices won't come down until enough potential customers stop paying them.

I want to add that the company I work for is large. We have been hiring non stop ever since we reopened. We cannot get enough help. And some of the ones we have should have been fired long ago, but at this point a body that shows up sometimes and does an ok job is a body worth keeping. Hiring is no joke right now.

I want to add that the company I work for is large. We have been hiring non stop ever since we reopened. We cannot get enough help. And some of the ones we have should have been fired long ago, but at this point a body that shows up sometimes and does an ok job is a body worth keeping. Hiring is no joke right now.
My father works a factory job that's starting people at $30 with no education or experience necessary. They'll literally hire anyone who can pass the drug test.

We stayed at SSR easy Dec. in a 1 bedroom. When we walked in from the foyer to the kitchen there was a LARGE sticky splotch in the middle of the hallway. It was impossible to miss. So I started my vacation getting dish soap and paper towels to clean it up. At least there is supplies in a villa to cleanup. But it was an obvious sign things are not back to normal.
The next day a man knocked at the door to do a room check. He didn’t have a face mask on and was going to come in the room. I asked him to put on a face mask. He didn’t have one so had to leave, get one, and come back.
Signs of crazy times.

The next day a man knocked at the door to do a room check. He didn’t have a face mask on and was going to come in the room. I asked him to put on a face mask. He didn’t have one so had to leave, get one, and come back.
I actually don't know if employees still have to wear masks (especially with a vaccination status), I can't remember. That said probably a good idea to bring one with you if the guest requests it. Eventually though even that expectation of always having a mask on you just in case should no longer be expected.

Dude that's just a lie. Housekeeping starts at $17 with a $1,000 signing bonus, and they get raises each year. Disney has held at least three jobs fairs and they have another one scheduled for next week.

Again, I'm not saying it's the most lucrative job on the planet or that you can go there and be rich, but $17 for an entry-level tipped position with no education or experience required is pretty darn good.

https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/...g-bonus-tuesday-march-15-2022/391/24403511872

i relied on indeed dot com for the salary information, and I see now it is incorrect. My apologies.

But my point remains. If Disney were truly focused on returning to “normal” in housekeeping, it could redirect some of its record park profits to even higher salaries. But it is instead choosing not to, and is realizing a windfall in profits.

Last edited:
We stayed at SSR easy Dec. in a 1 bedroom. When we walked in from the foyer to the kitchen there was a LARGE sticky splotch in the middle of the hallway. It was impossible to miss. So I started my vacation getting dish soap and paper towels to clean it up. At least there is supplies in a villa to cleanup. But it was an obvious sign things are not back to normal.
Signs of crazy times.

An obviously missed mess lIke that can make a person wonder how thorough their “covid cleaning” really is. I pack a small pack Clorox wipes but obvious need to bring a larger pack. Might order Clorox spray as well in my Publix pickup.

My father works a factory job that's starting people at $30 with no education or experience necessary. They'll literally hire anyone who can pass the drug test.
And maybe if Disney offered $30 an hour they could provide full housekeeping services again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter