A couple more things to add to your "packing list".

moleskin in case of blisters!!! small lysol can for the room AND wrinkle-releaser. Of course the sunstick, mini purel and wipes as well.

I always have Purell, Nice'n Clean wipes, Kleenex, and a Swiss Army knife in my purse at home and away. The SAK will definately need to be packed in your checked luggage now, but still, you can add it to your fanny pack once you arrive. The one additional item that I always have in my purse that I have not seen mentioned on this thread yet is Shout Wipes. I started carrying them when we adopted our son, but, ironically, I end up handing most of them out to my coworkers when they spill their lunch on their uniforms! Another thing I had along last time was the small pouches of fruit snacks. We didn't get stuck in many lines, but the couple of times we did, it really seemed to appease my (at the time) four year old.

You can not pack a swiss army knife in your fanny pack and enter a WDW park!

Originally posted by Muffy
You can not pack a swiss army knife in your fanny pack and enter a WDW park!

But you can carry it in your pocket. We saw a guy at Animal Kingdom opening a package with a knife he must have brought in with him, I swear the blade was 6 inches long! I know they can't search everyone but the bag searches seem useless to me. If someone wants to bring a dangerous object of some kind into a DW theme park, they can very easily do it.

On a more pleasant note, I am so glad to add some things to my Disney shopping list. The pedometer is a great idea!
Keeping the wipes cold and carrying them in a ziploc is a good idea too, the Dove ones sound nice. The Biore face wipes sound good to me too. For some reason, I never could stand the smell of all the wipes in the little packets. Or the baby wipes.

I just put a nail file and clipper in my little travel make-up bag too.

It's these small tips put together with all the other information we find on these boards that help add up to problem-free, magical vacations!

Thanks!

I love the pedometer idea. Where can I get an accurate one at online? I don't want to have to walk all over the place to get one. ;)

Originally posted by skiwee1
I love the pedometer idea. Where can I get an accurate one at online? I don't want to have to walk all over the place to get one. ;)

yes.gif
That's funny!

I boought my pedometer at a sporting goods store. Our WalMart also has them in the camping/sporting goods section.
Part of each day's diary is recording the mileage for the day. I am usually somewhere between 10 - 14 miles.

Ok, a friend of mine also suggested getting an el-cheapo small flashlight for little ones on the "dark" rides. I have invested little $$ and think it will help. Keep the ideas coming :D , we're leaving for WDW Saturday and I don't want to forget any necessities;)

Juli

How about "SHOUT" wipes (in individual packets) For those inevitable chocolate ice cream spills on your DS's white RL shirt:eek:

Must have's for the room:

1) mesh bags for dirty laundry. We presort into whites, darks, etc. during the week so when we come home, we're ready to dump the whole thing in the wash.
2) plastic clothes pins. Good for closing bags of chips, and hanging up we clothes on the line in the shower.
3) extra trash sacks. Room cans are always too small.
4) air freshener. No vent fan in the bathroom (if you know what I mean).
5) sound machine. Nothing like the sound of the ocean or rain for an afternoon nap.

Must have's for the fanny pack:

1) aspirin/tylenol/ibubrofen. Choose your favorite
2) gum. They don't sell it in the parks
3) tums/zantac. For those greasy burgers.
4) hand sanitizer.
5) a roll of pennies and quarters for the penny press machines.

A few things I've discovered;

liquid hand soap (I hate using a bar soap)

downey wrinkle spray (I hate ironing twice)

sunscreen in a travel size container with a sponge applicator. (like a shoe polish thingy--none on your hands!) I believe they are avail. at golf shops.

I have added Neosporin and Band Aids Blister block to my list. Wal Mart has always carried the antibacterial hand wipes in a great travel size package (flat and can easily be squished in anything). In case we forget something, is there any way to get from the disney resorts to a Wal Mart or a grocery store if we do not have a rent car??

Thanks for all of the great ideas!

Originally posted by cbhelms
Dude! Ponchos won't do you any good at IOA on Pluto's Bilge Rat Barges. My wife and I just returned from there this past July and we wore Poncho's and got soaked. From Head To Toe! And we did not have any Cheap-o ponchos either.

Bryant

I figured out how to make this work! I'm only concerned about my bottom getting wet since that leads to CHAFFING (ew). I was ok getting my feet, lower legs, and top wet. If you're like me, try this... I wrap the poncho around my waist (kinda like you would with a flannel shirt you were saving to layer later on, only you overlap the sides and tie it REALLY snug.) It has to be big enough to tie around you, and long enough to where the water won't get up in your seat. I would also tuck the extra plastic between my legs (from top and bottom). I don't know if this makes any sense, but it worked even when I was drenched and sitting in water.

In case it doesn't work, bring baby powder.

We bring a lot of the things already mentioned: Shout wipes, hand wipes, ponchos and the little individual sun screen packets.
We also bring along a small plastic file folder (it's about the size of a business envelope) to hold items we collect to keep for our scrapbook. Things we don't want to misplace or get wrinkled, like all the stickers we collect from different parks, stores and restaurants throughout WDW, brochures, maps and anything else that might interest us.

BEAR NECESSATIES!

That is my - now experienced- advice! No matter what you bring - you will never have it easily accessable when you need it!

I didn't use my usual skin care regiment, the laundry tablets, the shouts wipes (in the room when at the park),:rolleyes:, Used the curling iron once (then got rained on :rolleyes: ).

The few things I am glad I did have-

extra cameras! I broke my (new) APS camera on the second day! THank god I brought the digital (one card = 80+ pictures), and 5 disposables! I still had to buy one disposable the last day at Blizzard Beach @ 19.99! Thank godness I didn't need more than one!

tums (never should have had that bacardi breezer with the room service pizzas!)

blankie for DS in porta-crib!

:p

Well, this is not so much a "thing to bring" as a "thing to do". I just called the credit card company and told them that we would be going to Florida in 36 (yes, 36:p !) hours. They added a little note to our profile with our dates of travel so we wouldn't have any trouble making purchases from unusual locations on our MasterCard.

Sharon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter