A couple more things to add to your "packing list".

I bring Woolite to wash swim suits and bras in the sink. We also bring a small fan, my husband snores, it helps drown the noise.

Zip locks. They are the best thing. I always pack 5/6 of the big gallon ones and more of the smaller sandwich sized.
Sometimes I do laundry in them. I just put some hotel shampoo or woolite in with my stained item, add warm water, seal it up, then shake like crazy. Or it's great to soak things, too.
Also, with the big ones, you can usually seal regular paper inside it, so you can use it to hold brochures, etc, to stay organized.
I like the freezer bags. The quart ones are good, too.
I often sneak a bit of food from a buffet. Usually I just take a croissant or something small. Putting it in a ziplock keeps the crumbs from falling all over the place.
You can pack your wet items in them. Toiletries. Film without the canisters for easy airport security inspection. Put your underwear and socks in them, you won't have to go rummaging through your suitcase .
And the BEST tip. If you do your laundry yourself, inflate the ziplock, seal it, and stick it inside the wet garmet. Seperating the sides of a wet garmet allows the garmet to dry more quickly. This works. It's such a time saver. Some people like to use balloons. I like the ziplocks because you can re-use them for other purposes after the garmet is dry.

Freecia -- thanks for the ziploc ideas. I especially like the tips for hand washing and drying garments!

In no particular order but these are my "MUSTS"

Zip lock bags- various sizes, multiple uses
Small flashlights- dark rides no more
Wipes- mans best invention after zip locks
Sun screen- an ounce of prevention
Lip balm- Ditto
Juice boxes- easy, close, & cheaper
Band aids- just because
Neosporin- better to be prepared
Zipper wallet- keeps the important things in place
Extra sunglasses
Hat
Extra camera batteries/film- cost prohibitive in the parks
Shiney pennies/quarter rolls- who needs another line for change?

6 trips 4 years and still searching for the "perfect pack"!! ;)
Sydsdad :earsboy: :wave: :sunny:

Im a Purell Addict! LOl, i will definently be ringong some, i never eat anything without cleaning my hands or applying purell!

After returning from the parks with the many ideas I had, here are what I discovered are MUSTS!

I agree on Ziplocs/wipes
Small container hand sanitizer
Band Aids (a few)
FILM, FILM, FILM (expensive to buy after you are in the parks)
Sunscreen (small bottle or put in a small container)
Camera
Sharpie Marker for autographs
Snacks
Take your own bottled (plastic) water and keep refilling (cheaper)
Lots and lots of $$$$$$ (he he!)

I packed a mini back pack and filled it up the first day with many more items that I listed here. I found that I did NOT want to lug around that much stuff.

The shout wipes were a good idea, but I found that even when packed I didn't use them until back at the hotel. The first day I packed in PBJ sandwiches, small bags of chips, gummies and bottled water, needless to say, I didn't feel like doing that daily. Even though it was not cheap to eat in Disney, I found that I didn't go on vacation to pack sandwiches around ;) .

Hope some of this helps.
Juli

Any ?s just post or email me.

Has anyone mentioned ear plugs?
They didn't help me this past weekend actually, but they did the trick for my husband.
We stayed at the Swan for the first time, it was okay.
But, when we tried to nap on Sunday afternoon, they were installing new carpet in the room above ours. They were hammering in the tack strips. I had to get up and go out but my husband was able to sleep with the ear plugs muffling the noise.

montessori, that was one I have on my list but I use them in the parks for a quick nap. Sounds Dangerous (no headphones) and the old Doug Live are 2 great quick nap places with earplugs.

I have a small waterproof camping box about the size of a deck of cards that is crammed full of many single use packets.
Several type of pain meds (Aspirin, Aleve)
Single use Neosporin and other creams.
Band-Aids
Watergel singles for Sunburn (I always forget the tops of my ears)
Blister pads
Very small folding reading glasses (I wear script suns at WDW never know when they might go flying)
Imodium chewable
Special Key ring (only used on trips) hanging from it
Photon light
Mini pliers
Eye glass kit
Safety Pins
P-38
Spare vehicle key

I have had a bunch of dental work the last several years and on 2 trips got bad infections. Sitting at WDW on a Saturday morning hoping the little tingle goes away is not fun since I know it would be mid day Monday before I get a hold of my dentists office.
Now I carry backup scripts just in case.

My small day bag also has a Microfiber hand towel when it gets hot along with a very small fan 2AA size that is just enough breeze.
Add the digital camera and a paperback book and out the door.
RussH

We do the earplugs for our 6yo. Very sensitive ears and therefore worried about some attractions--WDW is a LOUD place. She is so excited about this trip because she doesn't have to worry now.

Can't emphasize the bandaids enough--last trip it was just my 6yo and I, but I know this girl and had bandaids in my purse. Going along through the Treehouse we came upon a very sad little two or three year old boy whose little knee was bleeding.:( I asked mom and dad if he wanted a bandaid and got one out (with Pooh on it to boot!) I swear that mom almost cried and the little guy cheered right up. Made my day, I tell ya!

Extra batteries are a must--cameras, mini flashlights etc

A nightlight

a cup holder to attach to the stroller

disposable bibs (those ones by Pampers) and for the same little dude, a suction cup plate so his food does not go flying!

ZIPLOCS are a must! Shout wipes, tiny first aid kit(clutzy family - someone always needs a bandaid!) Eyeglass repair kit (found this one out the hard way :rolleyes: luckily the nice lady at the MK first aid station fixed them for me :p )
glow sticks for scary rides (not so bright as to disturb others but bright enough for the kids AND last 12 hours)
Wipies of course!
cooling foot lotion...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Originally posted by montessori
Has anyone mentioned ear plugs?

We use these for the really loud atractions as well...some are too intense for the little ones

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter