A Disneyland Proposal....

it means ground-floor room with terrace. No, I don't think its worth £300 extra (they will allocate those rooms anyway, whether you pay the extra or not).

Unfortunately fish seems to be regarded as a vegetarian option in France.

I reckon the turboy is turbot so fish again. I wouldn't worry too much that they're only offering fish though, it's so far in advance that they may offer a 'proper' veggie meal by then and (not wishing to put a damper on your plans) that's if they're still doing the Dreams VIP meal.

Got an email back from DLH regards the veggie option, apparently the starter is smoked salmon and the main is 'Turboy'. Girlfriend doesn't eat fish as well as meat, and what on earth is Turboy? Have tried googling it but no luck...

I think Romain meant Turbot (fish). Unfortunately there is no vegetarian option on the 'A Dream to Live!' Menu. Vegetarianism is not a recognised diet in France so eating in any restaurants in France is going to be a challenge.

I would suggest speaking to Gregory Bie, the Dining Room Manager of the California Grill, or Head Chef Philippe Geneletti who is the youngest chef in France to ever gain a Michelin star. I'm sure if you spoke either of them they would be able to substitute some dishes from the main California Grill menu for you or come up with something special.

From the March menu they did have these vegetarian dishes.

Starter
Chestnut soup with porcini mushroom icebergs

Mains
Fried chanterelle mushroom and sweetbreads in a delicate tart with a pea sorbet.

or

Colourful butterfly pasta with seasonal mushrooms.

PS the 'A Dreams to Live' package is due to end in September 2013 when the 20th Anniversary celebrations come to an end.

I'm confuddled, I was under the impression that the earliest you could book was about 10 months in advance? But out of curiosity I stuck my dates (October 2014) into both the official DLP site and Disneylandparisdirect and they're listing them as available NOW!

The official site isn't listing DLH yet but DLPDirect is (?!?)

Also offering 50% off (stay four nights, pay for two).

Do I remember someone saying it's best to book my phone? That the deposit is less? Or something along those lines?

I'm confuddled, I was under the impression that the earliest you could book was about 10 months in advance? But out of curiosity I stuck my dates (October 2014) into both the official DLP site and Disneylandparisdirect and they're listing them as available NOW!

The official site isn't listing DLH yet but DLPDirect is (?!?)

Also offering 50% off (stay four nights, pay for two).

Do I remember someone saying it's best to book my phone? That the deposit is less? Or something along those lines?

They are doing an early booking promotion. Booking by phone means you will pay a deposit. Booking online means you pay the whole thing upfront.

Ah I see, DLPDirect is listing the price as £2,000 for four nights (buy four, pay for two), with a £400(ish) deposit, so maybe it's the non-official sites that offer the deposit?

Or do you think I'm still best off ringing up?

Also, will I realistically get a better deal than the one above?! Obviously booking now would give me the peace of mind and security, but I'm wondering how gutted I'd be if they introduced some free dining plans etc nearer the time....?!

Luck of the draw I guess.....

And can anyone think of a reason why DLH is being advertised on the DLPDirect site but not the official one? Would have thought it'd be the other way round.....

Also, thinking back to our first trip back in 2007, can you just go in King Ludwigs Castle (in the Village) for a drink? Not to eat? And do they still do them massive 1-litre steins of beer? I'd imagine theyre about £30 now.....!:upsidedow

Also, thinking back to our first trip back in 2007, can you just go in King Ludwigs Castle (in the Village) for a drink? Not to eat? And do they still do them massive 1-litre steins of beer? I'd imagine theyre about £30 now.....!:upsidedow

Yes you can as they still do happy hour or 2 hours where its buy one get one free on beers and soft drinks from either 5 or 5.30 to about 7pm:thumbsup2

That's what I wanna hear TF!! Thanks!

Official site is still not showing DLH as Disneylandparisdirect is. Anyone have any idea why this is?

And has anyone booked with DLPDirect before? If I book with them can I still make requests,etc by contacting DLP themselves? Or would I go to the company (DLPDirect) for queries regarding my booking?

Just called the UK reservations number (0844 800 3244) to ask regards the availability of DLH on my chosen dates as the official site is only taking reservations for the hotel up to September.

I was told that the 'inventory' for DLH isn't available for next year until September of this year?! So how are they advertising rooms for Sept 2014?! And how has DisneylandParisDirect got rooms already?

CONFUSED! :faint:

Just called the UK reservations number (0844 800 3244) to ask regards the availability of DLH on my chosen dates as the official site is only taking reservations for the hotel up to September.

I was told that the 'inventory' for DLH isn't available for next year until September of this year?! So how are they advertising rooms for Sept 2014?! And how has DisneylandParisDirect got rooms already?

CONFUSED! :faint:

They might be taking a chance on getting bookings then requesting to Disney how many rooms they want to take off them also they are taking a chance by taking bookings when they don't know what Disney are going to be charging.
. Which is a risk because Disney might not want to release many rooms to to other companies.

Like some sort of obsessive, I've been checking the official site every day in the hope they'll have released my dates! Well it seems they're now making days available on a daily basis (if that makes sense?), and at the moment they're taking bookings for the DLH up to Thursday 17th Oct 2014.

I'm looking at going from Sunday 26th, so hoping to get some idea of a price at some point next week...! Is it a little strange that I'm excited just about that?!?! :confused3

Hurrah, they've released the rooms for my dates. I don't know why I'm excited that I now know how much my wallet is going to get stung!!

Looking at 3 nights from Sunday 26th October 2014, keep in mind that BOTH the French and UK schools break up for half term on the Friday 25th (and it's the only bloody dates we can do). Currently pricing at £1,976.

Is this a decent deal? It's actually 4 Nights / 5 Days due to the offer that's currently on so even if we didn't extend the stay beyond my originally planned 3, we could always have a super-late check out! :)

ON THE OTHER HAND....I made the mistake of watching this video of a Castle Club room that popped up on DLPMagic the other day...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I_zFJrCDY4

I now consider myself, utterly utterly seduced! That looks magnificent! I gave them a call today and they're only taking CC bookings up to March and wouldn't give me an estimate for October (which is fair enough as prices could obviously change). But, dare I even ask....how much have people paid for these rooms in the past? Three nights with a park view?

If you want to find out about the castle club prices and availability, there is a dedicated centre :

email : DLP.SUITES.CRO@disney.com

If you ask them to call you to discuss the booking they will give you a call back - you can even specify the time you want to be called, although they don't always get it right, they are pretty good.

Hurrah, they've released the rooms for my dates. I don't know why I'm excited that I now know how much my wallet is going to get stung!!

Looking at 3 nights from Sunday 26th October 2014, keep in mind that BOTH the French and UK schools break up for half term on the Friday 25th (and it's the only bloody dates we can do). Currently pricing at £1,976.

Is this a decent deal? It's actually 4 Nights / 5 Days due to the offer that's currently on so even if we didn't extend the stay beyond my originally planned 3, we could always have a super-late check out! :)

ON THE OTHER HAND....I made the mistake of watching this video of a Castle Club room that popped up on DLPMagic the other day...

I now consider myself, utterly utterly seduced! That looks magnificent! I gave them a call today and they're only taking CC bookings up to March and wouldn't give me an estimate for October (which is fair enough as prices could obviously change). But, dare I even ask....how much have people paid for these rooms in the past? Three nights with a park view?

I can only offer you my own recent comparison..... I have booked DLH for 4 nights from 18th December and for 4 of us it was to be £1380. I was interested in how much castle club would be for the same dates and spoke to a lovely lady on the telephone there and it was £2950! and it was even more for a park view room, but I cannot remember how much more now.

In the event, I have booked for just me at £944 and will spend the difference on 3 annual passes for the others and add them nearer the date.

I rang the other day as asked for a quote for THIS October (I figured I could get a MINIMUM price as it's hardly going to be cheaper next year)...

Arriving 27/10/13, Three nights, four days, for two adults with a park view: £3,933 (and that's £'s, not euros)

Same package but with just a standard CC room: £3,576.

Think I'll be sticking to the standard DLH room for £1970......:)

Wow you have some wonderful plans. :goodvibes The current deal is actually very good. There are sometimes flash sales with 50% off but they are often only for dates with quite short notice. For other offers 40% off tends to be the maximum discount but there is no guarantee what offers they will have for your dates (we always go in school hols and have never managed to get more than 30% off but plenty of others have). If you wanted 4 nights the current offer of 2 days free works out cheaper than 40% off. If however you really only want 3 nights then 40% off the cost of three nights will work out cheaper (by a couple of hundred pounds) than you would pay for 4 nights on this offer. (Hope that makes sense!) However there is still no guarantee that a 40% offer will come along or will be available at DLH on your dates if it does.

Yeah I figured it was a half-decent deal and I may be able to swing the extra day(s) off work as yet... so gonna go with this deal. Just got to transfer a few funds around then it'll be booked later this week.

Excited isn't the word! Just gutted its so so far (timewise) away!

It's amazing how quickly the time will fly though, and I personally always feel much happier once something's booked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter