A Disneyland Proposal....

A brief update;

HURRAH! I've saved up enough cash to pay off the balance! I wasn't expecting to have enough until early August so it's a right bonus I've been a good lad and watched the pennies! Gonna give them a ring in the morning and settle up what remains, then it's more saving for spending money!

With regards to my plans for the proposal itself (if folk can be bothered to look back through the thread), do we know when the California Grill will re-open? Or has Inventions taken over the premises and CG is basically the Founders Club now?

My contact within the hotel (with whom I've been liaising my plans) seems reluctant to confirm Dreams taking place that during our stay? Or that it may not be visible from the DLH..? Anyone know of any renovation works scheduled to take place in the hotel in October?

Inventions is back in its own restaurant now. I saw a sign up last week about a pop up restaurant so I'm not sure what's going on with CG at the moment.
Dreams will continue from September, but it's not confirmed to be every night. sketchy information!

Wow just read through your thread - sounds like a fantastic trip away and proposal! I wish my BF was on this site and could read this - hint hint. Don't think he'd even think about something like this!

It' s great to read these updates Yorkieal. I expect we will all be on the edge of our seats when you are on your trip, waiting to hear how it all turns out.

Thanks for the reminder I want to pay off the balance of our October trip this month.

Good luck with everything. pixiedust:

Thanks Jonjo , things are coming along nicely, the only problem I'm having is that it's all TOO FAR AWAY! Yes it gives me longer to save but it's killing me waiting this long....and keeping it quiet!

I booked an extra treat for her today, after the 'announcement' that we're going to DLP on the Friday, I'm booked her in for a spa day at a posh hotel in town, the Cedar Court Grand ; http://travsup.tripadvisor.co.uk/Ho...d_Hotel_Spa-York_North_Yorkshire_England.html

She gets use of all the spa facilities, then lunch, then an hours treatment followed by champagne to finish up. I'll join her for the lot except for the treatments. We're going to head back there for an evening meal later on. We popped in for a drink in their bar the other week and she absolutely fell in love with the place so seemed like a good idea...but then again, for £6.50 A PINT it bloody well should be!

So the loose itinerary at the moment is;

----

Thursday 23rd October
Her actual birthday, thinking of just going out for a low-key tea with family etc.

Friday 24th October

* The 'announcement' of her trip to DLP(DVD presentation as mentioned previously in the thread) and her Spa day that afternoon.

* Spa day & treatments at hotel

*Out in town in the evening for drinks then dinner at the same hotel. My mate has a 'executive travel' company and is going to take us in his Mercedes for the evening....will definitely be a case of mates rates!

Saturday 25th October
* First Class train to London Kings Cross, dump the bags at the hotel (Kings Cross Premier Inn).

* Shopping/drinks/lunch in London. I'm going to tell her she can have pretty much whatever she wants, which would be a deathwish with some women but I'll bet she'll just pick up a few bits in Primark!

*Evening meal out in London - tempted by the Lion King too...

*Overnight stay.

Sunday 26th October

*Eurostar to DLP

* She'll be arriving on the understanding that we're staying either at the Santa Fe or off-site...haven't quite decided how I'll break it to her we're staying at the DLH instead! Suggestions?

*General rampage around the parks and dinner in Inventions that night. At some point I need to liase with my contact at the DLH and make sure all is still on track for the following day.

Monday 27th October - D-DAY

* Breakfast in Inventions before battering the EMH.

* A general assault on the parks. We're going to attempt to do every attraction on offer.

* Back to the hotel to freshen up and make myself look half-presentable.

* The following is what I have planned with my DLH contact which HOPEFULLY will all come off;

* Drinks in Café Fantasia, then a CM will collect us and take us to...
* 3-course meal in the California Grill
* Up to the Founders Club to watch Dreams, and hopefully get a big 'YES'! I'm keen to get a character involved but the practicalities (and cost!) of this seem to be the biggest obstacle!

Tuesday 28th October

*Another full day in the parks

*BBWWS in the evening.

Wednesday 29th October

*Another full(ish) day in the park before the 6pm Eurostar back to London.

*First Class train from Kings Cross back to York.

------

Think that's about it. It's going to take one hell of a lot of planning and a DisneyMortgage (!) but it'll be worth it! If anyone has any additional suggestions/ideas I'd be keen to hear them.....!

I'm still here :)
Great plan btw first class on east coat a nice touch
Have you booked bbwws if not book with
http://www.ticketnet.fr/
We are going on the Tuesday too
It's not that long now really.
See you there :thumbsup2

Ha ha, I actually think she'd HATE that! She's not one for being the centre of attention, hence why I'm hoping we'll have a private balcony in the Founders Club!

With regards to BBWWS, I've literally just booked it now, and yes through that same site!v:goodvibes

It's full on isn't it !!!
I will keep an eye out for more updates.
I will see you there I will be wearing a cowboy hat ;)

Just read through this whole thread, your idea sounds absolutely lovely, your girlfriend is extremely lucky!

I saw you mention about being tempted about seeing Lion King, I would definitely go for it if you feel you can afford it (sounds like you've already spent loads already though :lmao: )
It's a lovely show though, and would really get you both in the Disney mood.
Plus a day/night in London with a show is always a great experience.

Anyway hope it all goes well for you, I look forward to reading your updates :goodvibes

DEFINITELY go and see The Lion King. It's AMAZEBALLS (and I never use that word). Would be a great way to start off your trip.
I'm so excited for you! :cool1:

I had a beautiful weekend when we got engaged in Disney. We had Sleeping Beauty Castle balcony to ourselves looking over Fantasyland, then went to BBWWS - I'm not one who deals well with crowds of people staring either and my proposal was my dream scenario, I'm not one to be fussed over as I get shy and embarrassed so I personally love the fact that you have a bit of privacy for her :)
Good luck with your wedding plans, you do realise you have to top your engagement plans right ;)

Wow this puts our proposal to shame. We were just sitting up in bed one Sunday morning reading and drinking tea when DW asked me to marry her and I said yes.

The Founders Club is a fantastic place to watch Dreams! Your whole plan sounds wonderful.

Sounds like the Lion King could be a goer, can anyone recommend a reliable (and the cheapest!) place to buy tickets online?

Having had a search around it would seem that Jonjo is right and Lastminute do the cheapest tickets. For those who have seen it before, does it matter what category seats we have? Obviously the experience would be better down the front than on the back row but does it really make that much difference?

Just looking at the gulf in prices between the decent seats and those for mere paupers such as myself....:)

I have seen it twice and feel the closer you are to the stage the worse off you are as there is a lot going on. I would recommend either towards the back of stalls or the front of the royal circle, try and get central not to the sides

From the Stalls you are closer to the stage and also get to see the animals close up when they walk down the aisle towards the stage. Where as up in the Dress Circle you get a better view of the whole stage and I think the show works better when viewed looking down upon the stage.

Have a look on The Theatre Monkey, the site will give you great tips for choosing a seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter