A Disneyland Proposal....

I agree ::yes:: the Lion King is fantastic. We've seen it in London a few years ago and are going to see it in Southampton on its tour in a couple of months.

Also agree with not being too close - you'll see it better if you're farther away. I prefer being in one of the circles rather than the stalls as I'm not very tall and find I can see better up there. Also recommend Theatre Monkey. :thumbsup2

The Dream to Live! package is runing again at the Disneyland Hotel, 199 euros per person. You start with cocktails in the Fantastia Bar, followed by a meal in the California Grill and then you are taken up to the Founders Club to watch dreams, with a glass of Champagne.

It completely passed me by...never mind SDD....how about..

DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE :cool1:

91 Days until we depart! Clutching at straws I know, but I'm soooo excited!

Goodness me, time flys when you're having fun, we're just 46 days away until our trip and 47 until D-DAY!

I'm still in touch with my contact at the DLH on a regular basis, although she's probably sick to death of my emails by now, and things are coming along nicely.

New 'developments' include me booking her a Spa Day at a local GORGEOUS hotel with champers, lunch and evening meal included for the day before we leave for London. We've been in for a drink on a few occasions and marveled at how grand the place is sure I'm certain she'll love it.

More importantly however is our trip over to her parents at the end of the month. We're doing the Robin Hood Half Marathon in Nottingham (her parents are based just over in Leicester so we're basing ourselves there). Whilst there I'm planning on going for a quiet (sneaky) pint with her dad to...gulp...ask his permission before popping the question. I;m 99.9% positive he'll be chuffed but I'm still going to have to figure out how I'm going to phrase it.....;)

Eeeek I hope it all goes well with your future FIL!! Don't worry, it'll go great :thumbsup2 Make sure and keep us up to date :yay::yay:

Just read this whole thread and all I can say is...wow!! Your gf will be sooo happy, I know I would haha your plans sound perfect! Good luck with your FIL also, and I totally agree, I'm almost as excited as you!!! You must tell us all about it when you get back!!

You better start on those wedding plans - seriously planning and money to top a proposal needed lol!!

After the expense of this proposal it'll be a shotgun wedding in a back-yard! :rotfl:

Anyway, forget the wedding, it's the honeymoon in WDW I'm more concerned with!!

Yorkieal said:
After the expense of this proposal it'll be a shotgun wedding in a back-yard! :rotfl:

Anyway, forget the wedding, it's the honeymoon in WDW I'm more concerned with!!

Get married out there and reception when you get back ;-)

32 days to go...

Booked the 7.30 Lion King at the Lyceum for the Saturady evening we're in London (before the Eurostar the next morning), £112 for two tickets in the lower-Grand-Circle :(. Cheapest I could find for the area (there were cheaper ones further back but reading the seat reviews it wasn't worth it) and I did some extensive research!

More pressing news is this weekend when I'll be asking the Father In Law over a pint on Saturday afternoon. Sounds daft but I'm actually quite looking forward to it....! :)

Yorkieal said:
32 days to go...

Booked the 7.30 Lion King at the Lyceum for the Saturady evening we're in London (before the Eurostar the next morning), £112 for two tickets in the lower-Grand-Circle :(. Cheapest I could find for the area (there were cheaper ones further back but reading the seat reviews it wasn't worth it) and I did some extensive research!

More pressing news is this weekend when I'll be asking the Father In Law over a pint on Saturday afternoon. Sounds daft but I'm actually quite looking forward to it....! :)

Let us know how it goes!!

I think we will all be on the edge of our seats during your trip waiting for your next news up date.

Back from the weekend and I'm super-pleased to say all went very well! We drove up to the (to be)In-laws on Friday afternoon and I managed to get her dad alone to ask if we could nip out for the a pint at some point over the weekend and that it needed to be without anyone else. Think we got the hint of what was coming!

We went down the local pub the next afternoon under the guise of "going to watch Soccer Saturday" where we had a chat about it and I ran all the plans past him. He was really chuffed and shared some right nice thoughts so I'm pleased thats out of the way!

I reiterated how important it is that all is kept quiet and he's given me his word so hopefully he won't let slip between now and October 27th! :)

It's been a productive few days, apart from 'the talk' with the FIL, I was also accepted for next years Boston Marathon on Thursday night. To run Boston you need to qualify by running a previous marathon within a certain finishing time. The qualifying time for my age bracket (18-35) is 3:05 and I managed 3:03 at the Milan Marathon back in April so have been waiting since then to see if I'd get a place, 40,000 people register for 30,000 places so it's always a bit tough!

So they'll be a wedding AND a jaunt to the states to be saving up for.....! :hyper:

Back from the weekend and I'm super-pleased to say all went very well! We drove up to the (to be)In-laws on Friday afternoon and I managed to get her dad alone to ask if we could nip out for the a pint at some point over the weekend and that it needed to be without anyone else. Think we got the hint of what was coming!

We went down the local pub the next afternoon under the guise of "going to watch Soccer Saturday" where we had a chat about it and I ran all the plans past him. He was really chuffed and shared some right nice thoughts so I'm pleased thats out of the way!

I reiterated how important it is that all is kept quiet and he's given me his word so hopefully he won't let slip between now and October 27th! :)

It's been a productive few days, apart from 'the talk' with the FIL, I was also accepted for next years Boston Marathon on Thursday night. To run Boston you need to qualify by running a previous marathon within a certain finishing time. The qualifying time for my age bracket (18-35) is 3:05 and I managed 3:03 at the Milan Marathon back in April so have been waiting since then to see if I'd get a place, 40,000 people register for 30,000 places so it's always a bit tough!

So they'll be a wedding AND a jaunt to the states to be saving up for.....! :hyper:

Well done you on both accounts!
I'm hoping to some day manage a marathon but its a long way off yet as I'm still only walking and jogging with small bursts of running.
Glad it all went well and sounds like you'll be gaining some pretty cool in-laws :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter