A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

The Drive . . .

Getting through the first 3 states is a breeze. It doesn't take long to make it though the "boot" of Louisiana. My first stop was the rest area in Mississippi just as the sun was coming up.

My next stop was the Alabama rest area.

Are you seeing my pattern? I like the rest areas because it usually easy off and easy back on. I didn't really need to stop at the Florida rest area but why interrupt the pattern. I also want to mention they have rest areas about every hour or so. This is so nice and something the other states can't even compare with.

We ended up staying here for longer than I planned. Danielle went ahead and purchased a SunPass for the toll roads. There was a very nice lady who was just setting up when we got there. She was very helpful and said she had seen lots of DCPers in the last few weeks. She can always tell when it's time for a new set of arrivals.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It takes FOREVER to get through Florida. We have to drive almost all the way across and then a good part down. We never stopped for breakfast or lunch just munched on the snacks we brought with us and some fruit I got when I stopped for the first time for gas in Florida. I ended up stopping for more gas right before we got on the turnpike. Danielle's SunPass worked on the turnpike but not on a section right before you exit into Disney's bubble. I think it required an Express Pass? After all our many stops we finally saw this @ 4:40.

When I set up our stay I chose the cheapest room I could find which happened to be at All Star Sports. I did get a discount and at the time it was the only value available. Music ended up opening up later but since we've never stayed here we wanted to give it a try. I received the text telling us our room was ready before we got there. I had Danielle pull up the map and we headed straight to the parking lot nearest the room. We ended up in the Hoops section all the way in the back.

Our first ever stay on grounds was at Movies and our last stay was at Pop. When we opened the door it was pure nostalgia. Danielle was really happy to see something from her childhood. The room looked so much like what she remembered the Movies and Pop looking like before.

Of course she was texting Dennis and her boyfriend to let them know we made it.

This was our room number.

Continued. . .

Our First Night

This was our view out of our room.

And this.

A few more resort pictures.

We unpacked and wiped the room down with anti bac wipes. We only unpacked the bags we would need for the night. We were really hungry and ready for some food. It was time to catch a bus for Disney Springs. This was also Pro Bowl weekend and I was hoping to catch sight of some NFL players, hopefully some Saints. The game was the next day so hopefully they were out playing tonight.

We didn't wait long for a bus.

I got a Fit Bit for my birthday in November and used it daily on our December trip. I did not wear it on the drive down. I did not want it telling me every hour that I needed to get moving. I did put it on as soon as we parked and by the end of the night I had over 10,000 steps. Once we got to DS I let Danielle pick where she wanted to eat. We walked and walked and walked while she tried to decide what she wanted. We passed several options several times. She finally decided she wanted to try the food trucks but having never seen them we had trouble finding them. After consulting a map we finally found them. I don't know if I'll ever get use to the new DS. I still get lost. We settled on the Mac n Cheese truck. I ordered the one with BBQ and she did he lobster mac n cheese. Mine came out pretty quick but hers did not. After watching 3 orders for the same thing she ordered go out that were ordered after her order I showed my receipt and asked where her order was. It was pretty confusing but we finally got her order. We both thought mine was better.

After filling our bellies we took some time to look around and shop. The food trucks are near the AMC theater which was promoting Frozen 2.

We saw so much entertainment set up everywhere. I don't know if it was because it was a Saturday night of if it's always like this at night. I think this was the same violinist from Michelle's wedding. They were playing "Tale as Old as Time" when passed by them.

We shopped and Danielle saw lots she wanted but refrained from buying. CMs were getting 40% at select Disney shops until February 13th. Once she went though Traditions and received her blue ID she would qualify for the discount. We also had and ADR for Ragland Road. We wanted to catch some dessert and hopefully some entertainment. I think it was for 8:45. While waiting we went to guest relations. Danielle had a one day pass we needed to activate. It was given to her when our Christmas party was rained out. As we were leaving the party we were given a card stating this and I had called before to make sure and see how to use it. Well it's a real good thing we looked into activating this that night. The CM helping us could see the Party ticket but since we went to AK the day after the party the free pass was used that day even though we had 7 day hoppers, so when we left everyone's hoppers still had one day on them that expired. They even used it for my AK visit and I have an annual pass. It took a while but she was able to reactivate the one day pass due to the mix up. We should have all had the ticket prioritized before going to AK so this would not have happened but at the time no one told us that. I tried to get Dennis and Michelle's tickets fixed but they had to be there and show a picture ID. When Dennis and I go to see Danielle next month we'll need to fight this battle again. Danielle's ticket was activated for the Magic Kingdom for the next day. The CM was also able to help us set up some fastpasses. It was almost time for ADR at Ragland so we headed that way. It was sooo crowded. When we got there I checked in but they were 30 minutes behind. After waiting for 25 and my tiredness kicking in I cancelled the ADR and we went in search of something else for dessert. Once again Danielle could not make up her mind so we went round and round. We finally called it quits and caught a bus back to Sports. We settled on a cupcake for me and a Minnie Strawberry bar for Danielle from the food court. And no I never saw any Football players, it was too crowded to single out a single person.

After our snacks we made the long walk back to the room to rest up for our park day.

We passed by Lady and said our farewell and headed towards Tramp because of course we were not going to miss our first opportunity to test out the SKYLINER! That's right the Skyliner was the winner. You didn't really think we would start our trip by torturing ourselves with the buses? Haven't we been through enough hardships already?
The Skyliner is such a game changer!
We were at DHS in just minutes. The walk from where we unloaded to the front of the park was bad either.
Such a quick, easy trip!
He did really good with sleeping in the stroller for most of the trip. If he was tired we would lay the seat back and give him the blanket and out he would go to sleep.
That's when a stroller comes in so handy!
As we headed to TSL I had to take some pictures of the Christmas Decoration. I just love them.
::yes::
Nothing firm yet, but... around June 14-19?
I am going to miss you too! My oldest son and I arrive June 30 and are down until July 8th. We are celebrating his 20th bday!
Once you get your offer you only have a few days to accept the offer and pay the required fees. She had to also pick her arrival and departure days based on what was offered. Somewhere in the process she found out her position so she knew before she accepted that her offer was for "seater". At the time she was thrilled with her offer. She had lost of experience and felt it was a great fit. She would also have lots of chances to make magic and let be honest since it's Florida and hot this meant she would most likely be inside and not in the heat. We celebrated at our local Mexican restaurant that we celebrate most family events.
Yay for Danielle!!
After all our many stops we finally saw this @ 4:40.
Hurray!
We finally called it quits and caught a bus back to Sports. We settled on a cupcake for me and a Minnie Strawberry bar for Danielle from the food court. And no I never saw any Football players, it was too crowded to single out a single person.
Sounds like a busy night at DS!

Oh I’m just loving all the travel details. I find it amazing just how far you can drive in a day! Ireland is so small that you’d have gone from it’s too to it’s toe in about 6/7 hours depending on whether you take the scenic route or not🤣
Nothing like a little nostalgia to make you feel right at home! Sorry about the wait for food. I’m sure you were knackered after your long day. Hope you slept well😊

Last edited:

She first applied for the DCP (Disney College Program) for Fall 2019 but never got out of "application received". We even traveled to Atlanta so she could try out for a character in hopes of getting accepted as a character performer.
::yes:: I remember that. You guys were not too happy.
Once you get your offer you only have a few days to accept the offer and pay the required fees.
Oh! Fast.
I'm not going to leave you in suspense, they did all end up together in a 3 bedroom apartment at Vista.
Yay!
Danielle hit the lottery and got Cinderella's Castle.
No. Way! That's great!!!
I wouldn't want to travel that way. Would feel kinda cramped pretty quickly.

:rolleyes:
This is what the car looked like before we pulled out. I could not see out the back or sides which made for a very scary ride.
So... was anything left behind?
It doesn't take long to make it though the "boot" of Louisiana.
I had to go look. Had never heard that before. :)
<sigh>
So many thoughts every time I hear that... Being Canadian, I mean.
Are you seeing my pattern?
::yes:: But it's very subtle. ;)
I like the rest areas because it usually easy off and easy back on.
I didn't really need to stop at the Florida rest area but why interrupt the pattern.
:laughing:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. It takes FOREVER to get through Florida.
While longer for you... yes. Yes it does. I always think "Yay! I'm in Florida now! Disney in 2 minutes!"
I received the text telling us our room was ready before we got there.
Nice.
We ended up in the Hoops section all the way in the back.
Ugh! Not nice!
When we opened the door it was pure nostalgia. Danielle was really happy to see something from her childhood.
:goodvibes
And this.
Fancy a stroll?
We settled on the Mac n Cheese truck. I ordered the one with BBQ and she did he lobster mac n cheese.
mmmm… sounds yummy.
After watching 3 orders for the same thing she ordered go out that were ordered after her order I showed my receipt and asked where her order was.
Wonder what happened there?
That is not lobster.
CMs were getting 40% at select Disney shops until February 13th. Once she went though Traditions and received her blue ID she would qualify for the discount.
Nice. Yeah... just wait a bit.
The CM helping us could see the Party ticket but since we went to AK the day after the party the free pass was used that day even though we had 7 day hoppers, so when we left everyone's hoppers still had one day on them that expired.
:sad2:
When Dennis and I go to see Danielle next month we'll need to fight this battle again.
Oy... :sad2:
After waiting for 25 and my tiredness kicking in I cancelled the ADR and we went in search of something else for dessert.
Well, that's not okay. :(
Once again Danielle could not make up her mind so we went round and round.
I think I'm beginning to understand how you got 10,000 steps in, in just one evening

The Skyliner is such a game changer!

That is exactly what Dennis said.

Such a quick, easy trip!

Yes it was.

That's when a stroller comes in so handy!

Sleeping and carrying bags.

Yay for Danielle!!

Thank you!

Oh I’m just loving all the travel details. I find it amazing just how far you can drive in a day! Ireland is so small that you’d have gone from it’s too to it’s toe in about 6/7 hours depending on whether you take the scenic route or not🤣

I would love to drive from one country to another is a few hours. It takes days to get from where we are in the US to another country.

Nothing like a little nostalgia to make you feel right at home! Sorry about the wait for food. I’m sure you were knackered after your long day. Hope you slept well😊

I do believe we sleep really well.

I remember that. You guys were not too happy.

It was very sad.

I wouldn't want to travel that way. Would feel kinda cramped pretty quickly.

:lmao: Lucky for her I space in the front seat.

So... was anything left behind?

Believe it or not, yest there was.

So many thoughts every time I hear that... Being Canadian, I mean.

Please explain?

:lmao:

While longer for you... yes. Yes it does. I always think "Yay! I'm in Florida now! Disney in 2 minutes!"

Only when we fly.

mmmm… sounds yummy.

It was.

Wonder what happened there?

There were a few CM that where still "earning there ears" so I think they got confused.

That is not lobster.

No, but I think the sauce was a lobster cream sauce.

I think I'm beginning to understand how you got 10,000 steps in, in just one evening

:crazy2:

These both look really good!

There were, but mine was the better of the two.

How exciting for her! I know she is there already but I can feel the excitiment of it all

It was an exciting time for all but especially for her.

Life Update. . . .

I'm sure most of you have heard the news that all Disney Parks will be closed. WDW will close Sunday night and for now may reopen on April 1st. They have said they will continue to pay the employees but we don't know yet what the DCPers will be doing. Danielle works in a park but 2 of her roommates work at resorts and one works at DS. The resorts and DS are going to stay open for now. We're waiting to see if Danielle can leave, if she will be redeployed or if they have to stay and be on call. She is scheduled to work tomorrow morning and Sunday night so she will be part of the crew that closes CRT down. Who would have thought we would see this and it would be part of her DCP adventure? She would really like to come home and plans to drive not fly. She doesn't want to get stuck here if they halt all flying and she also doesn't want the germs of flying. She really wants to come home to see Dennis because of life update #2.

We had a very big scare on Wednesday. There is no easy way to say this, Dennis had a heart attack. Luckily he had the best possible outcome. He started with really bad indigestion on Tuesday afternoon/night. He woke up around 1 am feeling clammy and chest pressure. He did not wake me up. He could not go back to sleep so he got up and checked his blood pressure. It was way too high. He tracked his symptoms and blood pressure for several hours. He said he got dressed and almost called 911 several times but didn't follow through. He did take a baby aspirin. Finally around 4 he was able to lay back down and get some sleep, again he never woke me up. I did not know what was going on until I was ready to leave for work and saw his notes on the kitchen table. I went back and woke him up. He needed to do something. He said he would call the doctor when they opened at 8. I went onto work but told my manager as soon as she got in that I would need to leave. When he called they told him to go straight to the ER. He still didn't know if he wanted to do that. I told him he had to go. Believe it or not he drove himself to the ER and I meet him there. He didn't really have any symptoms just really high blood pressure. They did an EKG but it was "unremarkable". I got there just in time for the Doctors first visit. She told him they would work on getting his blood pressure down and wait for the blood work, sometimes the EKG will not show something but his blood work could show something and they would wait 3 hours and check his blood work again. At first they were able to get the blood pressure to come down a little but then it started going up. Not too long after that one of the doctors came back in and said his blood work was back and he was having a heart attack right now. I was floored. There wasn't time to think or really worry about anything. Before we knew it they were having him sign for the heart cath. They would go in and look, fix it with a balloon and stent if possible or see if he needed bypass surgery. Within minutes they were taking him back. I called Michelle once I was in the surgery waiting area and she came to wait with me. We had no idea what we would hear next. After 30 minutes they called to let me know they had finished prepping him and he should be in surgery for at least an hour. After an hour I had the nice volunteer at the desk check on him. I was told they were still working on him. Finally they called us to a private consulting room to wait for the doctor. While in there we actually got to see Dennis pass by on his way to the recovery room and he looked good. We were both so relieved. He ended up with 100% blockage in his main artery from the heart. The Dr was able to put a stent in. He has some other blockages but they will be fixed with medicine over the next year. Dennis doesn't take good care of himself and doesn't go to the doctor. He was not on any prescriptions before this but now has many. He was very blessed that he was in the right place when the heart attack hit and he was able to get help so fast. He will have to make many lifestyle changes but so far has handled this with lots of humor. He was able to go home Thursday afternoon to recuperate at home. Between this and Danielle's DCP adventure our lives have been very topsy turvy. I haven't even had a chance to really come to grips with all the changes happening due to Corvid 19. I hope everyone else is fairing well with all scares from Corvid 19.

:lmao: Lucky for her I space in the front seat.
;)
Believe it or not, yest there was.
An old blanket? A spare toothbrush?
Please explain?
Well, the sign is from the song, of course.
And there's these lyrics...

Well I heard mister Young sing about her
Well, I heard ole Neil put her down
Well, I hope Neil Young will remember
A Southern man don't need him around anyhow

You know who he is, I presume and where he's from. What he said is Google-able.
There were a few CM that where still "earning there ears" so I think they got confused.
Ah
No, but I think the sauce was a lobster cream sauce.
Okay. I'll accept that.
I'm sure most of you have heard the news that all Disney Parks will be closed.
Unfortunately, yes. Our June plans are on hold.
WDW will close Sunday night and for now may reopen on April 1st.
Maybe... I wonder... Have my doubts. Major doubts.
we don't know yet what the DCPers will be doing.
Believe it or not, I was talking to a friend about Danielle yesterday. Wondering the same thing.
We had a very big scare on Wednesday. There is no easy way to say this, Dennis had a heart attack.
:eek: OMG!
I'm so sorry to hear that!!
one of the doctors came back in and said his blood work was back and he was having a heart attack right now. I was floored.
Oh, man... This is actually hard to read. :(
I called Michelle once I was in the surgery waiting area and she came to wait with me.
I'm so glad you had someone with you. I really am. :hug:
He ended up with 100% blockage in his main artery from the heart.
Whoa.... dude....
Thank goodness he went in.
He never had indigestion... at least, I doubt it. I've heard too many stories of people saying they had indigestion when it was actually a heart attack.

So glad Dennis is on the mend.

:hug:

Last edited:
I am so sorry to read about Dennis. Glad he was in the right place to get the treatment he needed. Praying he has a good recovery .

also , sorry that this is happening during Danielle’s DCP . Hopefully , she can figure out soon if she can come home. I am sure it is hard for her to be away while this is happening with Dennis . Fingers crossed this virus ends soon and she will be spreading magic again at CRT

I’m so sorry to hear about Dennis. Thank goodness he got the help and treatment needed to start him well on the road of recovery. I’m sure you all don’t know what end if you is up but with time you’ll get there- I’ve no doubt! Take good care of yourselves and stay safe. Hopefully Danielle will get to come home for a wee while to see her dad and reassure herself that he is doing well. Thinking of you all:hug:

Oh My Goodness!!!! I am glad to here Dennis is doing ok!!! I can't imagine how scary that must have been! I hope Danielle can get back soon. LIfe has been crazy these days. Stay safe! All of your family.

WOW!! Your life is really topsy turvy right now and you have so much not-so-fun stuff going on. I heard the DCP is actually cancelled now and they are sending them all home or calling them off indefinitely. I don't know how accurate that is, but not a very happy time for Danielle. I"m so sorry. :(

And Dennis!!! How horrible! I"m so happy though that they could address it all right then and there and he was in the right place at the right time! Yikes!! So scary!

Well, the sign is from the song, of course.
And there's these lyrics...

Well I heard mister Young sing about her
Well, I heard ole Neil put her down
Well, I hope Neil Young will remember
A Southern man don't need him around anyhow

You know who he is, I presume and where he's from. What he said is Google-able.

That makes sense.

When I hear "Sweet Home Alabama" I of course I think of University of Alabama but I also think of Off Kilter who we use to love to listen to in Epcot. The played their own version of the song, "Sweet Home Alberta".

Unfortunately, yes. Our June plans are on hold.

I think everyone's plans are on hold.:hug:

Maybe... I wonder... Have my doubts. Major doubts.

I don't think they will be open for awhile.

Believe it or not, I was talking to a friend about Danielle yesterday. Wondering the same thing.

Thanks for thinking of her.

OMG!
I'm so sorry to hear that!!

Thank you.

Oh, man... This is actually hard to read. :(

It was very hard to live.

I'm so glad you had someone with you. I really am. :hug:

Michelle is my side-kick.

Whoa.... dude....
Thank goodness he went in.
He never had indigestion... at least, I doubt it. I've heard too many stories of people saying they had indigestion when it was actually a heart attack.

So glad Dennis is on the mend.

Please pay attention to your body. Dennis was very lucky. My father died of a massive heart attach 3 days before his 41st birthday. The two experiences were very different.

I am so sorry to read about Dennis. Glad he was in the right place to get the treatment he needed. Praying he has a good recovery .

Thank you! He's doing REALLY well.

also , sorry that this is happening during Danielle’s DCP . Hopefully , she can figure out soon if she can come home. I am sure it is hard for her to be away while this is happening with Dennis . Fingers crossed this virus ends soon and she will be spreading magic again at CRT

It has really been a hard week, but in the big picture our troubles don't compare to others.

I’m so sorry to hear about Dennis. Thank goodness he got the help and treatment needed to start him well on the road of recovery. I’m sure you all don’t know what end if you is up but with time you’ll get there- I’ve no doubt! Take good care of yourselves and stay safe. Hopefully Danielle will get to come home for a wee while to see her dad and reassure herself that he is doing well. Thinking of you all:hug:

Thank you! Danielle will definitely be coming home now since they have ended all DCP programs and are sending them all home. She wanted to come see Dennis but this was not the way she wanted to be doing it. Dennis is really recovering well.

Oh My Goodness!!!! I am glad to here Dennis is doing ok!!! I can't imagine how scary that must have been! I hope Danielle can get back soon. LIfe has been crazy these days. Stay safe! All of your family.

Thank you! Y'all stay safe too. It's scary for everyone right now.

WOW!! Your life is really topsy turvy right now and you have so much not-so-fun stuff going on. I heard the DCP is actually cancelled now and they are sending them all home or calling them off indefinitely. I don't know how accurate that is, but not a very happy time for Danielle. I"m so sorry. :(

I do have some tragic news on that front.

And Dennis!!! How horrible! I"m so happy though that they could address it all right then and there and he was in the right place at the right time! Yikes!! So scary!

It was scary but it happened so fast I didn't have time to fall apart just move forward. He really is doing great now.

And the Roller Coaster continues to run. . .

I'm sure most of you have already heard that Disney has ended all DCP programs and is sending all of them home. They got the email yesterday. Danielle was working when she got it and was devastated. They have to be out of the apartments by 11 am on Wednesday, not much time to make plans. We were all trying to figure out how best to get her home and console her. I just missed 3 days of work and really can't take off. Dennis wants to go down there to help her get back but he REALLY does not need to be flying or trying to drive. He insists he can do it. He also has his follow up with the cardiologist on Thursday. We don't say we're taking care of him, we say we're babysitting him to keep him from doing stuff he shouldn't. Overall he is really doing well but he tries to push it too much. I was in really in a bad place yesterday after all of this. I felt I was needed in too many different places. There was also a part of me that felt Danielle needed to be an adult and figure some of this out on her own. Guess what? She did. Our concern for her driving home was of course driving alone for so far a distance. My big concern was how packed I know the car will be and very limited visibility like we had on the way down. We got a text late last night for her. Her roommate ME lives in Texas but has family in New Orleans. She needs to be there by Wednesday for her grandmothers funeral and did not want to fly especially after finding out one of the TSA agents tested positive. So she will be riding shotgun with Danielle. I'm very concerned about them fitting everything in her car and suggested they mail some stuff back if they have to. She stated they would figure it out. I'm very proud of her.

I'm also proud of her for making the most of her time left in Disney. She work the day shift yesterday, went back to her apartment then returned to MK to play and shop with one of her roommates. This morning she and two of her roommates went to Cast Connections to shop
. They then went to play in the MK again until her and MI's shifts started. She said all the CMs have been wonderful. They wore "I'm Celebrating My Last Day" buttons and were put in the FP line at all rides. They even rode Space back to back. DHS was opened to the DCP today too and they were allowed to ride Rise. She didn't make it over there since she had to work. She also told us about a rumor that they would be sent a survey asking if they wanted to come back to finish their program. They were also allowed to apply for the Fall program even though it had been closed. Now that she has calmed down she understands why they are being sent home. They do not know how long this will last and the last thing they need are these kids living in close quarters with the virus spreading. This will give them the chance to really clean the apartments. They also needed to get the kids home while they could still get home. She just sent me a picture showing she completed a survey I sure hope it was to complete her program is the parks open back up and not for the Fall program. So things do not look as bleak today. There is a part of me that hopes she gets off early so she can go to DHS and a part of me that hopes she gets to close MK down. I'm relieved and happy she will be home for awhile but I hope the virus is slowed down and as few as possible are affected. I hope she does make it back and this will just be another chapter in her DCP Adventure.

And the Roller Coaster continues to run. . .

I'm sure most of you have already heard that Disney has ended all DCP programs and is sending all of them home. They got the email yesterday. Danielle was working when she got it and was devastated. They have to be out of the apartments by 11 am on Wednesday, not much time to make plans. We were all trying to figure out how best to get her home and console her. I just missed 3 days of work and really can't take off. Dennis wants to go down there to help her get back but he REALLY does not need to be flying or trying to drive. He insists he can do it. He also has his follow up with the cardiologist on Thursday. We don't say we're taking care of him, we say we're babysitting him to keep him from doing stuff he shouldn't. Overall he is really doing well but he tries to push it too much. I was in really in a bad place yesterday after all of this. I felt I was needed in too many different places. There was also a part of me that felt Danielle needed to be an adult and figure some of this out on her own. Guess what? She did. Our concern for her driving home was of course driving alone for so far a distance. My big concern was how packed I know the car will be and very limited visibility like we had on the way down. We got a text late last night for her. Her roommate ME lives in Texas but has family in New Orleans. She needs to be there by Wednesday for her grandmothers funeral and did not want to fly especially after finding out one of the TSA agents tested positive. So she will be riding shotgun with Danielle. I'm very concerned about them fitting everything in her car and suggested they mail some stuff back if they have to. She stated they would figure it out. I'm very proud of her.

I'm also proud of her for making the most of her time left in Disney. She work the day shift yesterday, went back to her apartment then returned to MK to play and shop with one of her roommates. This morning she and two of her roommates went to Cast Connections to shop
. They then went to play in the MK again until her and MI's shifts started. She said all the CMs have been wonderful. They wore "I'm Celebrating My Last Day" buttons and were put in the FP line at all rides. They even rode Space back to back. DHS was opened to the DCP today too and they were allowed to ride Rise. She didn't make it over there since she had to work. She also told us about a rumor that they would be sent a survey asking if they wanted to come back to finish their program. They were also allowed to apply for the Fall program even though it had been closed. Now that she has calmed down she understands why they are being sent home. They do not know how long this will last and the last thing they need are these kids living in close quarters with the virus spreading. This will give them the chance to really clean the apartments. They also needed to get the kids home while they could still get home. She just sent me a picture showing she completed a survey I sure hope it was to complete her program is the parks open back up and not for the Fall program. So things do not look as bleak today. There is a part of me that hopes she gets off early so she can go to DHS and a part of me that hopes she gets to close MK down. I'm relieved and happy she will be home for awhile but I hope the virus is slowed down and as few as possible are affected. I hope she does make it back and this will just be another chapter in her DCP Adventure.
Thank you for this update for a hint of joy and lots of relief. I got chills (not in a bad way).

Ach it’s so good to hear some happier news for Danielle. This will be one of those stories she’ll be telling her grandkids for sure- how she was there when WDW closed! Hope you are all keeping safe and well and that the roads are clear and easy for Danielle’s journey :goodvibes :shamrock:

awww hugs to you. I am usually just a lurker on TRs but just wanted to say I am thinking of you and your family today. The changes we are all going through right now are hard enough, you didn't need extra stress. Cudos to Danielle for figuring it out. I hope she is able to do fall semester or whatever works best for her.

I think everyone's plans are on hold.:hug:
Yep. 'Fraid so.
I don't think they will be open for awhile.
No. This isn't going away in a few days/couple of weeks.
It was very hard to live.
:sad1:

:hug:
Michelle is my side-kick.
I love reading that.
Please pay attention to your body. Dennis was very lucky. My father died of a massive heart attach 3 days before his 41st birthday. The two experiences were very different.
How awful! I'm sorry, Vanessa.
I'm sure most of you have already heard that Disney has ended all DCP programs and is sending all of them home.
I hadn't... but assumed that would be the case.
They have to be out of the apartments by 11 am on Wednesday, not much time to make plans.
No, but... perhaps speed is of the essence.
Dennis wants to go down there to help her get back but he REALLY does not need to be flying or trying to drive.
No he does not!
Danielle needed to be an adult and figure some of this out on her own. Guess what? She did.
Good for her. :)
I'm very proud of her.
I'm not at all surprised. ::yes::
She also told us about a rumor that they would be sent a survey asking if they wanted to come back to finish their program.
Oh, good!

I thought of you all when I heard the news. I have friends in the Orlando area if they are desperate I can ask if she can leave some stuff with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter